How It's Made

Friday 9:00 PM on The Science Channel Premiered Jan 06, 2001 Between Seasons

How It's Made Fan Reviews (88)

• An Alternative to Factory Tours

When I looking through the TV guide channel, I saw the show's title, "How It's Made," and though maybe I could watch it. Out of some of the series that display how items, products and creations are made, this one explains a whole lot about everything. At least I found a show I can watch to keep me from becoming bored. Instead of visiting factories where some of the great things get made, there is a documentary show that let's us see how products are manufactured such as car bumpers, television, ice cream, combination locks, laptops, hard drives, DVD players, blu-ray discs, compact flourescent bulbs, artificial limbs, etc. If there are so many things need to be seen how they are created, then this is the right show to watch. As long as they are many things made, the series will probably have more than 100 episodes and possibly more than ten seasons. "How It's Made" is one of my favorite shows on the Discovery Channel or the Science Channel.
  • The show How Its Made is totally cool!

I Would love to see how hot dogs are made.
    Also how ipods are made.
    I love this show...it gives me great insight to how things are made. I've learned soooo much from this show. I'm hooked! But this show would be totally better if they showed how those things are made. It's mind bogalling! And I know that "How Its Made" will come through and show me how its made. I would also like to know how cream cheese is made. Even how candles are made. Some of the most simple everyday things make you wonder how they are made.
  • Show teling how diferent objects are made

This is a very edgucational show. Its very nice finding out what your every da item is made of. I like to learn and its fun learning about things you use every day. This show is not only imformational it's entertaining. Well its not my favoriite show you knowo ive seen better but its one of the not so many edgucational show I watch. This show is fun to watch! And thats all i can say im out of words and im only on 84 words so now im just going to type random things 1 2 3 4 5 done.
  • How it's Made is a show that does exactly what it sounds like it would do... it shows you how every day items, such as golf balls or hockey sticks, are made.

If you have any interest in how things are made or would like to have the edge on your know it all brother in the area of knowing how certain things are created (like me :D) then this is the show for you.

How it's Made shows you how items are made. Sound simple? Well, some of the processes used for making these objects are anything but simple. The shows list of items range from golf balls to hockey sticks to soda machines to change machines to car parts to glass sheets and so on and so on down the line. Basically any item you could think of has been shown or will be shown on this show.

Each episode is 30 minutes long and shows you a few different items within that 30 minutes.

If you are interested in this sort of thing or would like to know how that can opener of yours was created you should definately check out this show.

dirtydog1992

Overall Score: 8.8
  • ENGLISH SADDLES

I love this show and it's so interesting. I would like to request How To Make English Saddles. Thank you.
  • What we would like to see

How smoke detectors are made. This is what we would like to see. We like electrical things, technology type things and other cool stuff :)
  • suggestion

Mini Babybel wrapped cheese. Thank you
  • The Perfect Smile

I'd like to know how Invisalign in made.

In response to How fortune cookies are made refer to episode 7 in 3/16/2007.
  • How is Buckypaper / (nanotech) made

This stuff is very interesting and could help improve life as we know it
  • puzzels

id like to see how puzzels ar made
  • Money counting machines

I've always wondered how bank money machines counted so fast.
  • Battries

I want to know how Battries are made
  • How It\'s Made gives the viewer an inside look at how everyday objects are manufactured and created.

One of the most interesting and informative shows on television today. I personally enjoy knowing how things work and how things are made, and this show shows you exactly that. In each episode you discover how three or four objects/products are manufactured/created.

You get an inside view of the manufacturing plants and warehouses that these objects are created in, and they show you with close up views and speed cameras how the objects are formed and processed as they travel through an assembly line.

You learn something new in each episode! Its great, a must see for everyone from a young child to an adult.
  • I find this programme fascinating - I love to find out how things are actually produced.

I find this programme absolutely fascinating - I love to find out how things are actually produced, it even tells how many items have been made during the show! I do not know how many of these programmes I have watched but it is an interesting way to kill the night time hours as I am suffering from insomnia. I really did not know that making skate boards was so involved - I thought all that was needed was a shaped board and some wheels! I also find it interesting to see actual recycling taking place especially with plastic products. I love the chocolate ones, I rarely eat chocolate but I like seeing how they are mass produced.
  • Suggestion: Saxophones (No more drums, please!)

Why are so many new saxophones now selling for thousands of dollars? Show me it's worth it so I can buy one.
  • Gaming Dice

I would like to see how game dice is made.
  • FIBERGLASS FISHING BOATS

HI ,CAN YOU PLEASE HOW FISHING BOATS ARE MADE AND ALSO , FISHING LINES STRAIN. THANKS ,THIS PROGRAM IS THE BEST ON TV

• Suggestion

I would like at see a show on making wicker furniture

• Quite Interesting.

7.4
    How it's made is a show that's pretty good, but sometimes
    the show shows how they make some unintneresting things.
    Other than that, How it's made is a show that is pretty interesting, and educational. If want a show that's REALLY interesting AND educational, I say you should see Mythbusters.
    How it's made is good, but it's best to watch it when there's nothing on TV. If there is something else on, watch that instead. Oh, and by the way, the music used in How It's Made is interesting to listen to.
    Thanks for reading my review, see you later. - a n d e r s o n 5 8 7
  • no seirously who did think of this. he's/she's a genius

7.4
    no seirously who did think of this. he's/she's a genius. usually for tv.com that would be a indication that u hate the show but i like this show. it's informative and very interesting. usually i don't want to watch, but the things they make, this show is addictive. my favorite episode is when they made tofu. it was so interesting, even though i hate tofu. gross. i've seen shows where they make stuff but if your in curiosity about how something is made, watch how it's made. it's on discovery channel and the science channel. discovery episodes are better than science
  • Where is the suggestion box?

I have looked all over for a place to make a suggestion and couldn't find one. Anyway I'd like to see

how the NCAA mens basketball is made.
  • how do you guys make kitten/dog toys

i wounld like know
  • chassis

you do not pronounce this word properly... I suspect you do this on purpose to see if anybody is watching... very insecure. Have fun.
  • Why the Greed?

Used to watch show on Discovery Channel but now we have to pay extra to see it on Discovery Premium. Can't offer it.
  • tungsten

I would like to see how tungsten is melted and made into fishing lures
  • needles for syringes

Love your show. I would be interested in seeing how needles for syringes are made. Being so small, sharp and precise to deliver a liquid through the tip would be interesting to see what type of machinery creates this item.
  • Crystal Light, how light is it?

I would love to see how Crystal Light is made. My husband and I love your show.
  • suggestion

My granddaughter loves your show. She thinks it is "really cool". She would like to know how DVDs are
  • How matelic human heart valve are made

How matelic human heart valve are made
  • Molded Refrigerator Magnets