How the West Was Won Forums

ABC (ended 1979)

About the DVD Pack

LLONVAINE

[1]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 1

When are we going to be able to find the DVDs of this magnificien serie in the shops? It will be a sure success. And not the pirates DVDs that are in some webs for $200....

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PinkChampagne

[2]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 2
    I would certainly love to see this show come out on DVD. I loved watching it back in the 70s and was heartbroken when it went off the air. Bruce Boxleitner 30 years ago is something to behold!

nativecelebs

[3]Mar 12, 2008

There are private individuals who sell DVD box sets. I'd recommend buyer beware.

For one thing, these are illegal. Second, most of them are old recordings.

One of them told me there's some "snow" on it. I downloaded the test clip, and noticed no snow. He then admitted that the test clip was from a different source.

I recorded the series straight to DVD the last time it ran here. Unfortunately there was something wrong with some of the episodes (they were "jumping"). Those particular episodes are pretty much unusable. And that's the last airing I know about in modern times (after recording straight to digital became common). And no, I don't sell DVD's.

It's high time it got released commercially.

nativecelebs

[4]Oct 30, 2008
    In the past I saw people selling these. Today the series is a lot more accessible - for free. If you search for it, you'll find it. You just have to know where to look.

Kalara

[5]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 5

I loved this show when it was first on, and would really love to see it again.

Ideally, I'd love to see this issued on DVD. If not, and if someone knows where to find it, I'd be grateful.