How the West Was Won

ABC (ended 1979)

How the West Was Won Fan Reviews (3)

7.8
  • A little confused...

I watched this TV series on Norwegian television in 1982-83, and I just had to check if it was as great as I remembered. I came across the Complete Collection on DVD a while ago, and I have just finished watching the last episode. All three seasons are there, with the episodes as listed on this page. However, I have a feeling that "The Slavers" can't be the end of it all, because there still seem to be many loose ends. I have read somewhere that the family finally made it to Oregon, at least most of them, but I haven't seen a single glimpse of Oregon so far. What am I missing? I still like the series though, but I would really like to know how it all ends. Is there another season??
  • A good western show!

During the early 1960's, I used to remember watching this in Cinerama. I'm not a Western TV series enthusiast during that time, but ever since I saw this wonderful show, it became a huge exception! How the West was Won has all the incredible essentials that a certain show must have. I really do miss watching this show that's why I ordered a copy of it at Dubaidingoes dot com . I was kind of surprised with the fast shipping method. The parcel also arrived in great condition, good quality DVDs. It was really nice to watch again this kind of show, which is totally missing in this generation! How the West was Won is definitely a true masterpiece!
  • PLEASE, give us a re-make of this absolutley fantastic show!

This show from the late 70s was so ahead of its time, it's amazing! It would be a complete success if we would rewrite it to fit the present times.

If we're to make it more modern it's a question of HOW, really. Should we keep it the way it was, about the wild, wild west or should we write it completely diffrent so that it's just based on "How the west was won"?
    Myself, i think it would have a break-through either way.

Actually, if we find new people that can play the characters just like the old ones could, we're saved. It's definetly worth a try!