Howie Do It Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

I went to the first taping

mokichan

[1]Jan 9, 2009
    • level: 3

S'alright...I guess. One of my least favorite television genres are candid camera/prank shows, so even with Howie Mandel as the host, it was a losing battle. At least I got to sit in the "TV-friendly" section

But people are honestly f*cked in the head. They KNOW the guy's a germophobe, and yet EVERY OTHER QUESTION from an audience member was "Can I hug you, Howie?"

Made me a tad uncomfortable.

Oh, and DJ Ravi Drums was there for some reason.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

andyphantom9

[2]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 14
    mokichan wrote:

S'alright...I guess. One of my least favorite television genres are candid camera/prank shows, so even with Howie Mandel as the host, it was a losing battle. At least I got to sit in the "TV-friendly" section

But people are honestly f*cked in the head. They KNOW the guy's a germophobe, and yet EVERY OTHER QUESTION from an audience member was "Can I hug you, Howie?"

Made me a tad uncomfortable.

Oh, and DJ Ravi Drums was there for some reason.

i dunno about u, but 2 me, it seems funnier if i got nothing good 2 watch on fridays

Jack146

[3]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 11

mokichan wrote:
    At least I got to sit in the "TV-friendly" section

I think there may have only been one taping before a live audience. When the first show aired and the camera panned the audience, I noticed a blonde who was hot enough to Tivo back to take another look. Since then I have seen that same blonde in the audience in at least three shows. She is wearing the same clothes and sitting next to her on her right (your left) is a black girl wearing a blue blouse.

Notice the size of the audience, it is HUGE. I doubt they would fill that many seats every week.

I first tried to put this in as trivia, but trivia must be related to a specific episode, not an entire series. It said series related items should be placed in 'notes'. I couldn't find anyplace to do that unless they arte talking about the posts in this forum where I wound up anyway.

Edited on 01/23/2009 8:00pm

MasterMoron

[4]Jan 27, 2009
    • level: 2
    mokichan wrote:

So, did they really fill up that entire concert hall? Someone on imdb thought that they might have used computers to make the seats appear more full than they were.

mokichan wrote:

Wait a minute, he's a germaphobe, yet he does skits where a reporter rubs himself all over people being interviewed? It seems kind of odd that they'd give a show like this to a germaphobe. I mean, what happens if a mark touches him during a prank?

Jack146

[5]Jan 30, 2009
    • level: 11

MasterMoron wrote:
    Wait a minute, he's a germaphobe, yet he does skits where a reporter rubs himself all over people being interviewed? It seems kind of odd that they'd give a show like this to a germaphobe. I mean, what happens if a mark touches him during a prank?

Mandel, like Jerry Seinfeld and other celebrity "germaphobes" are only against one thing, they will not shake hands. Shaking hands is the most common means of spreading germs that cause many infections such as the common cold. They will only bump knuckles as Howie does with every contestant on Deal or No Deal.

If you watch Deal you will see Howie touching and getting touched fairly often, sometimes a contestant actually picks him up.

Vimple

[6]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 1

why the hearing aids in the constestants ears?

I saw a show last evening...two contestants were put in caskets, supposedly dead.

They were sweating profusely, their faces must have been warm, yet "relatives" came up

holding their faces, crying, screeming...it was so obviously a put-on....

But why the Hearing Aids??????