Howie Do It Forums

NBC (ended 2009)

So what does everyone think?

Does it look good?

tia9900

[1]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 7
    Just seeing what everyone thinks
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tbys1980

[2]Jan 9, 2009
    • level: 15
    If I had to base it on the first prank I'd say "NO WAY!", but the rest of the show was pretty funny.

iCarly317

[3]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 13
    I thought it was pretty funny. There were a couple pranks I didn't find all that funny, but most of it got me laughing.

amaryllis88

[4]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 20
    The first episode was alright, I'd say that my fave pranks were the singing bunny telegram at the funeral, that would definitely be a shocker, and the one where the unsuspecting people were auditioning for something, and they received a free coupon for the restaurant. I love how everybody is in on it from the beginning, and the only person who has no clue is the Mark. The minty mouthwash bit was kind of disturbing to watch, and the weather-man auditions was kinda of dumb, it took me a moment to remember it, because it was easily forgettable.

The guy getting numbers at a cafe, kinda dumb that he would follow his friend's advice and say those things, especially the "what time do your legs open?" and the "flintstone," gag, those were ludicrous to even believe. Although, Howie doesn't have that many disguises it seems, he just needs to throw on a mop of messy brown hair and some shades. It was entertaining, all around, I love gong-like shows, so I'll tune in next week. Hopefully people watched it, Howie seems to give NBC's ratings a boost.

nintendanXP

[5]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 6

Yeah, I liked it. The Bunny singing telegram at the funeral was wayyy funny. I actually felt sorry for the guy, 'cuz he was just trying to earn a paycheque.

I'll tune in next week, but not too sure how long after that.

Dan

haldrey

[6]Jan 11, 2009
    • level: 22
    A Candid Camera re-fried and Howie is no Allen Funt. Not by a long mile. Some of the pranks were mildly comic like the bunny guy but on most of the others I believe that the prank was on us. Howie disguises were not that good. Anyone can easily recognise him. The pranks were not believable. It was the premier and I will give it a second chance to see if it improves, but no more. Sorry Howie go back to Deal Or No Deal.

lare84

[7]Feb 5, 2009
    • level: 38

I agree with you 100% this show is not funny, not original, and Howie is not funny either.

haldrey wrote:
    A Candid Camera re-fried and Howie is no Allen Funt. Not by a long mile. Some of the pranks were mildly comic like the bunny guy but on most of the others I believe that the prank was on us. Howie disguises were not that good. Anyone can easily recognise him. The pranks were not believable. It was the premier and I will give it a second chance to see if it improves, but no more. Sorry Howie go back to Deal Or No Deal.

marsan77

[8]Feb 12, 2009
    • level: 2

I agree too.

Howie Do It is pathetic TV.

miss_wierd

[9]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 13
    I love this show!!!!!! Cracks me up!