H.R. Pufnstuf Forums

NBC (ended 1971)

Episode ideas

tvfreak974

[1]Jul 23, 2007
    • level: 11

I know that the show has come to an end already but if you hav some ideas for episodes, go ahead and type them out

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvfreak974

[2]Jul 23, 2007

I hav one (even though I wrote the topic)

Sleeping Jimmy: It starts out at Witchiepoo's castle. Witchiepoo's making a potion.Seymour and Orsoncome in and Seymourasks what she's brewing. She replies that she's making a sleeping potion to use on Jimmy so she can get Freddy. The next scene, Jimmy and Freddy are walking towards Pop Lollie's candy shoppe. Freddy asks "Jimmy, why are we going to the candy shoppe?" Jimmy says "Pufnstuf told us to meet him there because he wanted to have a town meeting about the witch". While they're talking, Witchiepoo and Orson are riding in the Vroom Broom. "Fire!" Witchiepoo Yells. Orson throws a bomb with the sleeping potion. Freddy notices it and tells Jimmy torun. But it's too late, the bomb explodes and Jimmy falls to the ground, asleep. The witch cackles andheads back to the castle because the VBis malfunctioning. Freddy yells for help and Pufnstuf, Cling, Clang,and Dr. Blinkey come and Freddy tells them what happened. Pufnstuf Tries to shake Jimmy awake but it doesn't work. "The witch must've used a sleeping spell on him to get Freddy" Dr. Blinkey says. They try to think of something to solve this problem. Cling and Clang volunteer to go and get the reverse spell with Pufnstuf. They agree to go.

(Break)

The next scene, the witch is looking through her image machine, watching them bringing Jimmy and Freddy to Dr. Blinkey's. Witchiepoo laughs and says that they will never wake him up in time. Orson asks "Why do yousay that?" She replies "Oh i forgot to tell you that after2 hours, the spell becomes permanent! (She laughs) Seymour, get the Vroom Broom ready to go to Dr. Blinkey's and take Freddy. The next scene, Pufnstuf, Cling, and Clang dressed up asghosts (Like they did in 'Flute, Book, and Candle). They manage to scare the guards away and sneak inside. They look forRotten Book again.They manage to find RB, but RB yells for Orson and Seymour to come. They come and get caught in a cage.

(Break)

The next scene, Witchiepoo ends up at Dr. Blinkey's and storms in. Dr. Blinkey is supposed to be guarding the place but is out on a housecall. Candle sees her and scares her. "Leave us alone! Leave" Candle yells. "Nobody wants you, see" Fireplace growls. She ignores them and looks for Jimmy. Meanwhile,Orson and Seymour are guarding the cagethathas Pufnstuf, Cling, and Clang in it. Cling manages to rip out the page withthe reverse spell on it. He also grabs RB and trows him at Seymour and Orson, knocking them out. Pufnstuf grabs the key and unlocks the cage. They head for Witchiepoo's cauldron and mix the ingredients together. Theyfill a bomb withthe potion andhead for Dr. Blinkey's. At Dr. Blinkey's, Witchiepoo found Jimmy, but notices thattheflute is hidden andis lookingforFreddy. She finds him and runs out of the house. Pufnstuf, Cling, and Clang runs into her and stop her. She says "Ticks and fleas, I say freeze!" But the spell bounces off the bomb and hits her. With Witchiepoo frozen, they use the potion and Jimmy wakes up. "I had the craziest dream" Jimmy says, "What happened?" "We'll tell you later" Pufnstuf says. They leave Witchiepoo frozen at the castle door and get back. "Where was Dr. Blinkey?" Pufnstuf asked. Just then, Dr. Blinkey comes back and Pufnstuf starts arguing with Dr. Blinkey.

Whaddya think?

rollergirl41

[3]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 2

.Cool!!! You should of been a writer for the show!!! I have one.

It is 5 years later Jimmy is 17. He is really depressed because this would of been his senior year and all his friends will be going to the prom and graduating and going off to college. Although he loves all his friends on Living Island, he misses his family and since there is no other humans here he has never had a girlfriend. One morning he leaves Freddy in Pufnstuf's care and goes out to be alone. He is sitting by the lake that Pufnstuf has rescued him 5 year earlier when he looked up into the sky and saw a mini broom broom spirling out of control and into the lake. He jumps in a pulls out the rider expecting to find Witchpoo but suprised to find a young girl his age. He gets her to shore and revives her. She cauf up water, opens her eyes and passes back out. He carries her to Dr Blinky house. He exams her and pronounces her is good health except for a little bump on the head. He also states she might be out for a while and told Jimmy not to worry. In the mean time Pufnstuf and the rest of the Living Island residents hear of the insident. and come rushing to see the pasted out stranger. Pufnstuf concludes she is a witch but does not know why she is here as no other witches have arrived so there is not a convention. He tells Jimmy not to worry and they will find out more when she wakes up. Dr Blinky offers to keep an eye on her and notify them when she wakes up.

Jimmy and Puf go back to the cave and await word. Dr Blinky gets an emergency call from the candy shoppe. The young girls wakes up and takes a look at her surroundings. Jimmy is too wory to wait by and heads by to Dr. Blinky's. She sees him appoach and is afraid. She decides to lays down and pretends to still be asleep. Jimmy enters and looks for Dr Blinky. He looks down at the stranger for a moment and goes back outside where he runs into Grandfather Clock. He inquires where the Dr is and Grandfather informs him he is on an emergency call. The young witch heads out the back door and watches the interaction.

rollergirl41

[4]Jul 27, 2007

She decides to to stick around and starts to go around and heads toward the woods. Jimmy sees her and calls out. She takes off running and Jimmy goes after her. He stops having lose site of her, she jumps out from behind a tree a lands on top of him.

Who are you and why are you chasing me? she says Relax he replied I am not going to hurt you. My name is Jimmy, I am the one that pulled you out of the water after you crashed. I was just making sure you are alright. She get off from on top of him and helps him to his feet. My name is Wendy, I am here to stay with my Aunt Witcheepoo, she lives in that castle (points) on the other side of the island. My parents send me to stay with her for a while, they think I am not quite bad enough. I just hate being mean to people. I guess they hope she can have some influence on me. I suppose my broom cycle is trashed.

Oh, with all the excitement with making sure you were all right, I completely forgot about your broom cycle. It is still in the water. He said. Oh great, I have to get it out.Wendy said. They race back to the lake where luckly they find the broom cycle has washed some what a shore. They wade out and drag it out on to the beach. She tries to start it up but all it does is sputter. I don't suppose you know how to fix broom cycles she says. No, sorry, Jimmy replied. May be one of Aunt's lackeeys would be able to fix it. I know it is a piece of junk but it is the only one I could afford. Mom and Dad said I had to earn the money for it.I worked for almost 2 years to be able to buy it. Well I should check in Aunt Wicheepoo, she is probelly wondering where I am.

I will walk with you as far as the evil trees if you want? Jimmy said, unless you are going to zap yourself there like Witcheepoo does? My powers arn't that strong yet, that is anyother reason why my parents sent me there. I would rather walk any way. They walked as far as the enterance to the evil forest. They bit each other goodby and parted Wendy promishing to try and get away to see him. As she entered one of her aunt's evil trees grabed her. hey, she yelled, I am Princess Wendy, niece to your queen, Let me go!!!! Or I will make sure you are all turned into fire wood. They imediatly let her go and she entered the castle.

tvfreak974

[5]Jul 28, 2007

Thanks. I would've been glad to be a writer, but I wasn't born yet. I'm only 12. But thank you for the comment. You should've been one too.

Here's another one.

Hear No Evil: Witchiepoo is moping around her castle. Seymour asks why she's so upset. She says that she's upset because she cantcapture Jimmy andFreddy. Seymour talks to Orson and suggests that they capture Jimmy and Freddy so Witchiepoo isn't so sad. They think hard and come up with a plan: They'll make a silence potion so Jimmy and Freddy can't call for help. Next scene, Jimmy, Freddy, Cling, Clang, and Pufnstuf are talking to Ludicris about a deal on a do-it-yourself go cart so Jimmy and Freddy can get home. They realize it's 50 buttons and leave. Horsey follows them without them knowing. Orson and Seymour come diguised as 2 trees and give them a bag and said that it's a bag of tree nuts. They leave and thebag starts to smoke. After that was over, Jimmy and Freddy start to ask what that was about, but thay can't. Pufnstuf tries to talk, but can't. Seymour and Orson come, not disguised, and capturePufnstuf,Jimmy, Freddy, Cling, andClang. Horsey notices and concludes that those trees were Seymour and Orson.

(Break)

Horsey follows Orson and Seymour to the castle. They go in, along with Horsey following them, and present the prisoners to Witchiepoo. She gets out of her slump and thanks them. She puts them in a cage and takes Freddy. But she realizes that he can't talk and gets upset. Witchiepoo zaps them with her wand and they can talk again.

(Break)

Jimmy calls for help when Witchiepoo is out of the room. Horsey unlocks the cage and sets them free. Jimmy gets Witchiepoo's wand and they head for Witchiepoo and Freddy. Jimmy chants, " take a stroll, take a walk, lose your voice you can't talk!" Witchiepoo loses her voice and drops Freddy. Jimmy breaks Witchiepoo's wand, grabs Freddy and they run. They get there and realize that Cling and Clang are able to talk! "Here we go again" Horsey says.\

Is it good?

rollergirl41

[6]Jul 30, 2007

Another good one!!!! Are you going to finish your first story?

You are only 12? How do you know about HR Pufnstuf? Did you see it on Nick at night when they aired it? Did you ever see The Krofts other shows Land of the Lost, Lidsville, The Bugaloos? Electo Woman and Dinah Girl? These are the shows I grew up with. I don't know how you feel but there used to be a full morning of Saturday Kids shows from 6 a.m. to noon on all three netorks when American Bandstand and Soul Train came on. I don't know any of the shows they air now a days! What ever happend to the classic Bug Bunny Scooby Doo?

tvfreak974

[7]Jul 31, 2007
    I did finish my first story. I know the shows so well because my mom grew up with shows like H.R Pufnstuf, Lidville, The bugaloos, and the Land of the Lost. H.R Pufnstuf is her favorite show and its my favorite too. My mom owns the entire series on DVD and I watch it over and over again. Actually, I'm gonna be 12 on October 10 this year. I'm 11 3/4. Just a quick question: Do you think old shows are better than some ofthe stuff that's on now? I do.

rollergirl41

[8]Aug 4, 2007

I agree!!! I used to get up a 6 a.m. and watch all the Saturday Morning programs until American Bandstand came on at noon. I don't know any of the shows they show today. Of course when I was your age there was only 4 stations ABC, NBC, CBS and PBSas compaired to today. That is why I am so glad they have all my old shows on DVD!!!!!! I will continue with my story...

OK the evil trees let her pass and as she entered the Castle she called out to her Aunt. Aunt Witchiepoo, Aunt Witchiepoo, are you home? It is me your niece Wendy. Orson hear her and came running to meet her. Hello Wendy, my you are looking lovely, I have not seen you since you were 10 years old. Remember it was your first witches convention. Boss Witch took such a shine to you. Hello Orson, it is good to see you too. Yes I remember, it seems so long ago. Where is my aunt? Right now she is taking her beauty rest. She should be up in a hour or so, she said not to be desturbed. Thats is fine just show me to my room and I will chill out a bit, I have had quite a day. Oh my broom cycle died on me and crashed into the lake can you and Seymour rescue it for me? How horrible for you. You were not hurt we you? No only a small bumpI was passed out for awhile Wendy replyed, a guy fished me out, I think his name was Jimmy,he took me tothe local doctor I think his name was Doctor Blinky . Whitchiepoo will not be pleased to hear that you had contact with the goody goodies. Theyseemed harmless, she said. SeDid Jimmy happen to have a golden flute with him. No, Not that I saw, Wendy said. Your Aunt has been trying to get that flute ever since Jimmy arrived on the Living Island, Orson replied. Orson showed Wendy to her room and she began to get settled in. A hour later Witchiepoowoke up. Orson told of Wendy's arrival and in true Witchiepoo fashion conked him on the head and recomanded him on not waking herup. But your excelency you said you did not want to bedisturbed Orsonexplained.Iwanted to be notified when she arrived! Yousaid she just arrived one hour ago,I told you to watch the view finder for her. Now she has had contact with that Jimmy and the rest of thegoodie goodies it will be harder to train her to do evil.What is done is done, The sooner we get her trained the better. Witchiepoo goes and greats her niece. Wendy darling, you are finnaly here, Your parents and I were getting worried about you. I am so glad you are safe. Shall be have a pit to eat and then tomorrow we shall begin your training. Once thing I must tell you, by all means you are not to leave the castle alone and by all means this is very important I do not want you to go to the other side of the Island were those goodie goodies are! Understand. Yes Aunt Witchiepoo, Wendy replied.

Edited on 08/04/2007 2:07pm

rollergirl41

[9]Aug 4, 2007

Over the next couple of weeks Wendy was kept busy learning spells, potions, and other incarnations. She would wonder how Jimmy was doing and sneek a peek on the view finder when Witchiepoo was not around. She wished she could talk to him and get a message to him that she was alright but she was never left alone enough to seek out. Her wish came true one day when Witchiepoo got a message that Boss Witch has died and thatshe was needed at a special session of the Witches Counsel was being held to appoint a sucessor. The next day Witchiepoo left on her broombroom, leaving Wendy alone with Orson and Seymore. Now that my Aunt has gone, I don't think it would be wrong to have a little fun? Wendy suggested. She works you too hard, you never get to do what you guys want to do. Seymore said, I don't know Chiefy would not be pleased if she ever found out. I wouldn't tell if you don't. Wendy replied. I have been going sture crazy, I have not left the castle since I arrived. I need to get out. I am going for to explore this side of the Island. Ok just be sure you do not go past the evil trees, your aunt would not want you to run into any of the goodie goodies. Ok I promise. she replied. Of course as soon as she got across the draw bridge she high tailedit tofind Jimmy.

To be continued

tvfreak974

[10]Aug 15, 2007

cool!I was kidding. I'm turning 14.I thought of another idea.

Love At First Fright: It starts at Witchiepoo's castle. She's brewing another potion and is laughing. Orson is curious and asks her what shes making. She replies "I'm making a love potion" Orson laughs hysterically. She ignores him and says why. She apparently is making this potion for Jimmy. He'll smell it, fall in love with her and give her Freddy. The next scene, Jimmy, Freddy, and Pufnstuf are dicussing a situation about the candy. Unfortunatly, candy is becoming a has-been. The citizens want new candy. They start to talk when Judy Frog comes and warns them that Witchiepoo is coming. Jimmy says that he should go alone to trick Witchiepoo when Puf should hold Freddy without the witch knowing. He heads toward the forest when there's an explosion and he seems bleary eyed. She appears and he looks at her and smiles. They talk and Jimmy agrees to meet her and give her Freddy as a gift.

(Break)

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited on 09/30/2007 9:42am
    Edited 2 total times.

tvfreak974

[13]Aug 21, 2007

Jimmy comes back, looking like he just had the date of his life. Pufnstuf and Freddy wonder what's wrong. Then they start to notice that he is thinking about witchiepoo and they realize that she did something to him.Pufnstuf, Cling, and Clanggo to the castle to the castle to investigate and get captured. Jimmy, meanwhile, took Freddy and is heading toward the castle. He then realizesthat he's been under a spell and goes to help Pufnstuf, Cling, and Clang. But Witchiepoo arrives.

(Break)

Jimmy pretends that hes still under a spell and tricks Witchiepoo and they escape.

of course its longer but thats the way i can describe it