Huff Forums

Showtime (ended 0000)

2nd Season becoming Six Feet Under?

babasyzygy

[1]Jun 2, 2006
    • level: 8
    I really enjoyed the first season of Huff for what it was, uniquely: the story of how a psychiatrist deals with his responsibilities towards other people and how he copes with inevitable failures.

However, with the second season we're spending a lot more time with other characters and frankly, it's all starting to feel all too familiar. I liked Six Feet Under for what *it* was, but I already watched that show - I don't want to see Huff becoming the same show with reshuffled characters who are all too similar with all too similar failings.

Does it feel this way to anybody else?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of a_ness-20637552844264616747094755260709

a_ness-20637552844264616747094755260709

[2]Jun 5, 2006
    • level: 16
    I agree when you say the second season is starting to feel.. ordinary. When I watched the first season, it was interesting much because of the characters. But this season haven't given me anything new on that front. It sort of repeating itself with other characters as the only new thing.

rtraub

[3]Jun 8, 2006
    • level: 5
    Sorry I disagree. The insight into the characters and their personal problems has made the show more genuine.

JalineTV

[4]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 18

rtraub wrote:
    Sorry I disagree. The insight into the characters and their personal problems has made the show more genuine.

Agreed. Plus, I'm always attracted to character-related storylines...

GeonnCannon

[5]Jun 19, 2006
    • level: 9
    I'll agree with character-based shows being intriguing. But I loved Huff for what it was. The second season is just dark and dank and disturbing in several places. Every single character has become a least-favorite. I don't like anything anyone DOES anymore. I understand bad decisions, but why has everyone suddenly become EXTREMELY unlikeable?

Last night, I forgot to put in the tape and missed the episode. The saddest thing is I'm not terribly upset about missing it. This whole season has just been bad decisions and disturbing revelations.

dshelston

[6]Jun 20, 2006
    • level: 5
    Clearly this season has taken a different turn, an in-depth exploration of several characters. Many of them are not so likeable this time around. A darker season for sure.

I find Huff a refreshing show, extraordinary writing, great actors, that is all of them.

I am hoping for a 3rd season and better days for Beth and Huff.

babasyzygy

[7]Jul 1, 2006
    • level: 8
    "Genuine" and "Character based" don't automatically mean *good*.

I got really bored with everyone being so self-destructive in Six Feet Under (which went at least one season too long, IMO). It feels really unoriginal here, so soon and so uninspired. I could go down a list of every self-destructive trait and interesting character we've seen in the second season of Huff first being seen nearly identically in Six Feet Under- hell, we've even got the time-bomb schizophrenic character here. And OK, so Huff's subsconscious is Isstvan (the Hungarian, who I like) instead of his dead father. BFD.

I like the actors - I just wish I could like or care about or be interested in some of the characters as people. As it stands, I really only like Anjelica Huston's Lena Markova.

routerqueen

[8]Jul 2, 2006
    • level: 1

I never watched 6 Feet Under so can't compare it to Huff. I think the development of Teddy has been very interesting. My best friend of 25 years was paranoid schizophrenic until her death. She lived on her own and I see so much of her in Teddy. I can't get enough of Russell. And Knippers.

I have really started to care about these characters and am angry that we have been left in the lurch. I don't watch much tv unless the programming is unusual. Like Monk and House. Who wants to watch the same old stuff. Give me unique. And I find Huff to be very entertaining, funny and unique. I can only hope that Showtime gets it together for at least one more season.