Huff Forums

Showtime (ended 0000)

Another father for Huff?

--RPozo--

[1]May 3, 2006
    • level: 23
    The guy doesn't even look like the old dad, anyone knows why they changed him?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

darkmind-tvtome

[2]May 7, 2006
    • level: 11
    best i can tell is that Robert Forster, the guy who played Huff's dad before is now signed on to star in 13 Graves, so isn't available for guest spots anymore.

i was quite disappointed at the switch, nothing wrong with Tom Skerrit's portrayal, just the fact that they'd changed the actor at all, and SO drastically too

i'll give it him a chance and everything, his scenes with Teddy were actually very good, but the principle of it... ho hum

bkd210

[3]May 23, 2006
    • level: 2
    I agree. It's kind of disappointing to such a blatant switch. Didn't even try to make them look alike. Oh well, I like Tom Skerrit better anyway and I hope he stays and gets a leading role.

JalineTV

[4]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 18

bkd210 wrote:
    I agree. It's kind of disappointing to such a blatant switch. Didn't even try to make them look alike. 

Yeah, that was definitely disappointing. The actor is alright but it seems like he's more compassionate as a man now, compared to when he was played by the other guy. I'm not sure if this is character development or just how the actor portrays Huff's father, and I'm not sure if I like it or not.

rtraub

[5]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 5
    That's show biz!!

LikeFineWine

[6]Jul 12, 2006
    • level: 8
    The switch was kinda weird, but not nearly as damaging to my psyche as when Bewitched switched Darren's. . .guess I've either toughened up or grown up. . .probably both.  Plus, I like Robert F. . .but I love Tom S.

iwatchitall

[7]Jul 13, 2006
    • level: 16
    Tom Skerrit should've been Ben Huffstodt from the beginning, as he's a way better actor, and he seems to fit in with the family a little better. Tom doesn't portray Ben as much of a jerk as Robert Forster did, which feels a little off and takes some getting used to. I agree though, when Viper from Top Gun was lurking in the shadows of Craig's office, I was as confused as you guys.

vokilj

[8]Jul 17, 2006
    • level: 10

They could have atleast made a story line for it like him having plastic surgery after a car accident or him loosing a lot of weight or something but the change was just too big.

louisthunter

[9]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 11
    vokilj wrote:

They could have atleast made a story line for it like him having plastic surgery after a car accident or him loosing a lot of weight or something but the change was just too big.

Not that it matters now, but that would have been a massive shark jump.