Huge

ABC Family

addict666

Huge Fan Reviews (2)

• This is such a great show! Probably one of the best on TV right now...

I normally don't write reviews for shows, but this one is amazing and I really don't want ABC to cancel another show I love. I think people may easily be turned off by the idea of a Fat Camp, thinking that it's too narrow of a focus or too messy with emotions or something. But the focus of Huge is anything but narrow, and the drama inherent in the forced situation of a "fat camp" is what makes this show so compelling. It's so easy for people who consider themselves progressive and fair-minded to write off fat people as lazy or otherwise unworthy, but this show forces the viewer to realize how flawed such assumptions are. The main characters are fat, yes, but above and beyond they are people-- young, emotionally vulnerable people who are trying to figure out how to navigate their way in the world. The writing in this show is phenomenal- always compelling, always insightful, without ever feeling preachy or overdone. The acting, as well, is superb, especially from such a young cast. All the characters are flawed, well-developed individuals...hard not to love because the writers show us them from all angles. Give Huge a chance; I promise you'll love it!