Human Target

Christopher Chance

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Apr 14, 2010 on FOX

7.2
  • Fantastic episode but the producers have kidnapped the other half and will kill it unless they get their second season!

Now let me get this straight, I loved this episode, it was fantastic, desperately needed and extremely informative. However, it is clearly a manouver to keep the show on air because everything about the episode was produced in the format of a two-parter. It's like the producers are holding the rest of the episode ransom; their demand, another season. This brought my score down from 9.5 to 8 and I think that's generous because I don't like silly cliffhangers, especially if we may never see them resolved.

The episode starts like a punch to the face with Chance and company being taken hostage. We are introduced to a sinister character who informs the team that he is the person who gave Chance his last assasination contract, which he ultimately refused to do and subsequently went on the run from his old employer (the mysterious old man).

Really, this episode should have come a lot sooner and could have been more effective as a pilot to introduce the characters and give the audience a tangible back story. Having said that, it would not have been the massive revelation that it was, so I'm undecided.

Regardless, we are treated to much of Christopher Chance's back story and motivation for becoming this kind of white knight, mercenary character. We also learn the origins of both Winston and Guerrero. I wont spoil the ending, but lets just say it is going to be an unpleasant wait for next season, if it ever comes. I am quite annoyed they chose to use this tactic, because it's unfair to the audience, especially seeing as it now looks likely Human Target will be cancelled.