Human Target

Communication Breakdown (2)

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Jan 05, 2011 on FOX

• A very well sustained 2-fer.

Its hard to maintain the momentum for a two part episode of most shows, but with this one, well, where do you go next when the impossible and totally outrageous has already been done? Very cleverly constructed, this one was also a very well executed and seemingly never-ending story. Just when you thought it was over, it wasn't. And just when you thought things couldn't get any worse for our intrepid band, it did. Cue the spiders... I freakin' hate spiders! I hope Indira Varma got hazard pay!

I could even tolerate Ames this time out, though barely. Certainly, Ilsa earned some depth as a character, even if the ending was almost predictable based on dialogue. It was still a striking ending. The bad guy beat her. Badly. Not the usual hold-the-female-as-hostage routine, or simply allusions to the fact he beat her. You watched it. And she fought back; she was no victim.

Too bad she didn't have one of those spiders in her posh digs. Would've been nice to watch that grease ball die a bit more...uncomfortably...

Good action. Good humour. Good character development for most. Good outing overall and a great start to the second half of the season.