Human Target

Cool Hand Guerrero

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Jan 14, 2011 on FOX

6.7
  • I've figured it out - Human Target had/has the potential to be, at least, a minor hit show. What I feel is missing is a likable/charismatic character as part of the ensemble cast; other than Chance.

Since beginning to tune into Human Target, I've tried to get a "handle" on Guerrero - who should be the "cool, but quirky member of the team and, possibly fill that need for the guy with charisma. Instead he comes across as a surly, uncommunicative, and generally uninteresting character. When I watched this episode, I kinda hoped my mind would be changed about him, but it wasn't. The fact that they alluded to a favorite movie of mine in the title (you know, Cool Hand Luke) didn't help matters any. The plot itself was rather weak - the scenes totally unbelievable. I'm sorry - you can't have an actor with the physique of Jackie Earle Haley, believable as a kick-ass, martial arts master, capable of taking on not just one, but multiple opponents at once (and winning.) What Guerrero could be is the guy they turn to for special interrogations - a role he has filled in the past. It would also help if the comraderie between Chance and Winston was played up a bit more - Chi McBride, in my opinion, is dramatically underused on the show, to its detriment. We'll see what happens in the future, if the show is even renewed.