Human Target Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Better than the original? - I hope so...

drdan2410

[1]Feb 27, 2009
    • level: 52

I think that the idea for this show sounds really intriguing and as such I started the watch the original show and it was terrible. It was done in a really corny and insincere way, I really hope that this doesn't end up like that. Any thoughts?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

frakfrellfrag

[2]May 14, 2009
    • level: 7
    I haven't seen the original series but I'm going to give this one a try. When I first heard about this show I thought, "Human Target????", there are so many DC comics properties, why Human Target? I love DC and Marvel comics so much, so it just makes me wonder, why don't they make a series of something we haven't seen before.

nxylas

[3]May 19, 2009
    I hope they get Peter Milligan, who wrote the Vertigo incarnation of the DC Comic, to pen some episodes. Milligan has written for film and TV before, so it wouldn't be as big a leap as with some comic book writers.

staind47

[4]May 19, 2009
    • level: 13
    I don't know. I've never seen the original, but this is 50/50. The premise sounds good but it can also turn out a little boring. Very episodical, which some people like I guess. Although it has a great cast and creative crew so I'll be sure to check it out. I'll give most pilots a try, if you go on a shows premise a lot of shows sound stupid.

staind47

[5]May 21, 2009
    • level: 13
    Holy crap, just saw the trailer/teaser, and it looks freakin sweet. Guess thats why you shouldn't go on premise alone. Like I said, great cast, finally something for Mark Valley to sink his teeth into and good crew. The trailer really does look amazing, it looks like a summer blockbuster.

Taurin333

[6]May 23, 2009
    • level: 1
    Of all the DC properties, this and ones like it, would require little more SF/X than a cop show, and as such, would be cheaper to produce. If the cheaper properties take off, they'll be more likely to invest in the more expensive, SF/X heavy properties. I realise this doesn't make the most sense, because a lot of the more SF/X intensive shows would grab an instant audience, but low SF/X shows moreso have to rely on writing and acting quality to survive, so if they're really trying, we SHOULD get a halfways decent show. However, as we've seen, especially on FOX, even quality writing and acting doesn't guarantee a show will survive...Or even a show with quality writing and acting AND heavy SF/X use, no Fireflies mentioned. D'OH!

drdan2410

[7]Jul 12, 2009
    • level: 52

staind47 wrote:
    Holy crap, just saw the trailer/teaser, and it looks freakin sweet. Guess thats why you shouldn't go on premise alone. Like I said, great cast, finally something for Mark Valley to sink his teeth into and good crew. The trailer really does look amazing, it looks like a summer blockbuster.

I totally agree. The trailer looks awesome!

efc91

[8]Jul 19, 2009
    • level: 39
    I never saw the oringinal but hopeful this will be great.

Dougo13

[9]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 8
    Oh I dunno. It had it's moments. It was probably an easy to get property back when. Expensive to buy anything these days. I'm watching the first episode of the old show as I type this. Will probably give it a whirl when the new one airs. Maybe we can get a John Sable Freelance remake too, eh?

tjaman

[10]Dec 13, 2009
    • level: 32
    Sounds like it could be a winner and Mark Valley is made of awesome, so I'm definitely checking it out.

sandbur

[11]Dec 30, 2009
    • level: 25

I thought the trailer looked interesting, and I have no preconceived ideas, never having seen the original. And despite lines like, "I'm your vest" sounding corny, it may have some Castle-like charm to it...

It will air on CTV in Canada.

haldrey

[12]Jan 6, 2010
    • level: 22
    The trailer looks pretty good, although I have never seen the original I hope this one goes well for Mark Valley who after Boston Legal and a brief stint in Fringe has been quite inactive.

Dougo13

[13]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 8
    This show aired in Canada last night, before the US premiere. Haven't watched it yet but a friend who did thought it was pretty good. On his recommend then, I'll give it a whirl....

Chuck_Off

[14]Jan 17, 2010
    • level: 5
    Why do people do this, there are 80 or so votes already giving the show 6.9 and it is yet to air. It just annoys me.

KingofIPirates

[15]Jan 17, 2010
    • level: 32
    Meh, decent episode overall; got off to an amusing start and remained somewhat intriguing throughout. Didn't like the musical score during the fight scene however, just didn't fit.

gmx13

[16]Jan 17, 2010
    Wow...just wow...the first episode's plot was a perfect metaphor for this pilot....a trainwreck. LOL

Never saw the original. Is the show meant to be a bit fake and corny? It does have some potential. If they want to improve the show they should follow Burn Notice's example. Best part of Danny Glover but you blink and you miss him.

JBsVeryBadDay

[17]Jan 17, 2010
    • level: 6
    I'd give the premier a B+. Will definitely have my DVR recording on Wednesday night.

haldrey

[18]Jan 18, 2010
    • level: 22
    After watching the pilot, which I found extremely entertaining, and if the same line is followed in the coming episodes, I believe we have a keeper.

pgsuperfan

[19]Jan 18, 2010
    • level: 25
    Some how I do not remember the orginal but last nights pilot was so so in my book, I can take it or leave it I guess

Vikki33uk

[20]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 3
    I also found it so so, music track used throughout was annoying though. I found it distracting from the story.