Human Target Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Could We Be Seeing A Burn-Off of Human Target?

Writerpatrick

[1]Jan 12, 2011
    • level: 13

Last week and this week they've been doubling up Human Target. It's got three episodes left after this week, then it's done for the year. It's last episode will be Febuary 9th. With the way things are looking, a renewal doesn't look promising. But what do you expect from a network that puts Fringe on Friday.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[2]Jan 12, 2011
    • level: 14
    Writerpatrick wrote:

Last week and this week they've been doubling up Human Target. It's got three episodes left after this week, then it's done for the year. It's last episode will be Febuary 9th. With the way things are looking, a renewal doesn't look promising. But what do you expect from a network that puts Fringe on Friday.

That's because FOX has to make room for both the return of American Idol as well as its other midseason shows and this is the result. Human Target skips next week because of American Idol's premiere. Then after Human Target finishes airing, American Idol can go back to 2-hour episodes and 1 1/2 hour episodes as they put in a midseason comedy. As you know the first American Idol of the week is always the performances, then the second American Idol of the week is the results.

lordoracle

[3]Jan 12, 2011
    • level: 9

I was seeing the same thing. Now, it appears tonight's were canceled and no one told the cable providers. Instead, I've got Raising Hope (I assume for 2 hrs). This sucks because I really have enjoyed Human Target despite that it has not remotely stuck to it's comic roots.

enctv

[4]Jan 12, 2011

If you watched FOX I guess you know the signs. I am trying to watch Human Target and Raising Hop is on. And what happens next you ask, Human Target comes on some random day and oh the Show was costing us too much money to make and rating were low. Really, I do believe they are low because to do not give a real schedule. You know there should be a class action suit against FOX for false advertising and misrepresentation of something!!!!!

lordoracle

[5]Jan 12, 2011
    • level: 9

Turns out the apparent reason for the substitution tonight is a memorial for the events in Tuscon. I noticed that Live to Dance was pushed back to 8:00 and they cut in on it sub for Obama's speech at it.

BarryWeen3

[6]Jan 12, 2011
    lordoracle wrote:

Turns out the apparent reason for the substitution tonight is a memorial for the events in Tuscon. I noticed that Live to Dance was pushed back to 8:00 and they cut in on it sub for Obama's speech at it.

Exactly, ABC pulled Better With You while FOX pulled Human Target. CBS and NBC kept their original schedule with people in the Central and Eastern time zones having their shows being joined mid-broadcoast due to the overrun of the speech. ABC substituted a repeat of The Middle and FOX inserted repeats of Raising Hope and Kitchen Nightmares as the changes to their schedule. And like with CBS and NBC, the overrun of the speech has people in the CST and EST joining their ABC and FOX programming midstream.