Human Target Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Episode 1.02 - Rewind: Discussion Thread

Chaos_Zombie

[1]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 10

All discussion on Episode 2 go here, beware of spoilers.

I have to say, I enjoyed this one more than the pilot. Everything was done a bit better from the dialogue, to the story, to the acting, and more Chi McBride is always a good thing. He had a lot of hilarious lines and moments in this one that make me hope he's more involved in future episodes. The lines weren't AS cheesy this time around though naturally a lot of it is for an over-the-top action show. Unbelievable things are going to happen so I'm not going to use it as a grounds to complain when that's what the writers are going for.

I had a feeling the flight attendent was going to be involved somehow. I was actually thinking at first that she might be Casper. Then they revealed her intentions a little too early. It's a shame that she decided to fight Chance since I would've loved to see her add onto the cast somehow (a lot of that due to her good looks, hah) but we got a glimpse of more of his backstory. I think we'll see an underlying arc surrounding his past and how he deals with it. I've found I'm really going to love Guerrero and Winston though and that's always a huge plus.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Killer1One

[2]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 12
    At least until now is not your generic cop show. So i still like it. So i am in for more episodes. What i like about this show is that the characters are likeable. I hope they keep up the good work.

Dewbak75

[3]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 18

Chaos_Zombie wrote:

All discussion on Episode 2 go here, beware of spoilers.

I have to say, I enjoyed this one more than the pilot. Everything was done a bit better from the dialogue, to the story, to the acting, and more Chi McBride is always a good thing. He had a lot of hilarious lines and moments in this one that make me hope he's more involved in future episodes. The lines weren't AS cheesy this time around though naturally a lot of it is for an over-the-top action show. Unbelievable things are going to happen so I'm not going to use it as a grounds to complain when that's what the writers are going for.

I had a feeling the flight attendent was going to be involved somehow. I was actually thinking at first that she might be Casper. Then they revealed her intentions a little too early. It's a shame that she decided to fight Chance since I would've loved to see her add onto the cast somehow (a lot of that due to her good looks, hah) but we got a glimpse of more of his backstory. I think we'll see an underlying arc surrounding his past and how he deals with it. I've found I'm really going to love Guerrero and Winston though and that's always a huge plus.

Well, if you're looking for a female addition to the cast, apparently the woman in next week's episode(played by Emmanuelle Vaugier) will be appearing in multiple episodes. And there's also the possibility that Casper might reappear, she does sorta owe Chance her life, so he may call on her for a favor.

I don't know if I'd call this one better than the first, but it was definitely on par. I may just be biased because I'm a fan of Tricia Helfer(and not just because she's so beautiful), and I thought she did a great job in the premiere. Splitting the timeline of the episode was certainly intriguing, if not entirely original. I don't know if the episode would've played out any better or worse if it was linear, but starting with the big crisis was certainly a good way to hook people in.

I'm loving Jackie Earle Haley's portrayal of Guererro so far, the low-key scary bada$$. For a guy who's getting a lot of buzz for movie roles right now, it's a nice treat to see him take on a (hopefully)long-term role like this.

acatzta

[4]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 13
    Does anyone know the name of the song and the singer that was being played during the final scene?

Chaos_Zombie

[5]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 10

Well for me the addition of more Chi McBride immediately made it better. Guerrero too, would love to see him get more involved. I definitely love all the characters though I hope that the good guys are outsmarted from time to time so when a new episode comes on you don't know if they'll succeed or not. I'm sure they will do that because it'll get lame really quick if Guerrero and Chance always figure out who's behind everything at the end. Kinda like how when you watch a new House episode you don't know if the patient will live or die. The chances are good the patient will live but there's enough deaths to keep you wondering and as you find out more about the patient you start hoping they'll make it.

welnoc

[6]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 9

Did anyone else catch the reference to Mark Valley's previous but short-lived tv series Keen Eddie? Loved that show and am still bitter that they cancelled it.

I like Human Target but think Keen Eddie was a better show.

Chuck_Off

[7]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 5
    I agree this was a better episode than the pilot.

DuoMaxwell007

[8]Jan 21, 2010
    ok isnt this show supposed to about him impersonating his clints to draw out the assassin? (thus the reason its called "human target"? I didnt see any of that happening this episode

Jacks_Son

[9]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 13

DuoMaxwell007 wrote:
    ok isnt this show supposed to about him impersonating his clints to draw out the assassin? (thus the reason its called "human target"? I didnt see any of that happening this episode

That premise is in the comics, but the showrunners said this will be a slightly different take on the Chance character. He will be putting himself in front of the target but not diguising himself as the target.

While I enjoyed this episode, I didn't like the editing. The flash forwards and flashbacks were too distracting and made the story slightly disjointed. Additionaly, I gather that Chance like to rehabilitate damaged people, like Guerrero, but I didn't buy his sorrow over the death of the flight attendant/assassin.

D-LinkUK

[10]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 24

This second episode was better than the first, only problem i have is i'm working out the culprit straight away, no it's not ESP but i knew in the pilot that it was the husband before they even got on the train, and i knew the flight attendent was involved as soon as she got into the cockpit with Chance, i prefear shows like NCIS or Bones where they have half a dozen likely culprits and you don't know who's guilty untill very near the end.

danharr

[11]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 45
    Good episode I agree the second was better than the first but too bad knew the stewardess was in on it at least half way though if not earlier. I also would've liked to see her comeback and I really like how Mcbride and Guerra are integral to the stories not just backup characters. Love how outlandish the show is gotta like a plane being flown upside to put out a fire.

cierob

[12]Jan 23, 2010
    Outlandish is right Dan. Couldn't he just change the altitude to get the air below them instead of flipping the plane? I love that he didn't even try that first. Also Chi McBride as a flight attendant-- don't they have height and weight rules or is that not pc. great episode. What next?

haldrey

[13]Jan 25, 2010
    • level: 22
    Much better than the pilot, Chance not falling off the plane, a James Bond feat. Good action with all involved.

seugirdor

[14]Jan 26, 2010
    • level: 11
    when i thought it could be a great show they had to flip the plane, come on who does that.

linusiuppsala

[15]Jan 26, 2010
    • level: 6

great episode. I hated the Pilot but then I decided to give the show one more chance and I watched this ep. GREAT! Altough the third episode is even more GREATER!

But the flashes forwards and backwards is really annoying.