Human Target Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Human Target Title Music and Score is Horrible

addictedtv

[1]Jan 27, 2010
    • level: 1
    Human Target has serious potential. But the underscore and especially the title music is sooooo inappropriate for this show. The should have gone the electronic score route. It sounds like a 70's western. They need too update the music. The composer is a very excellent writer. So I'm sure someone directed him to go this direction. The music is good if it was for a different show. But this 70's western style orchestra doesn't make sense for this show. The main title GFX are really good and can get the crowd pumping with more modern sound... try going the 007 style (modern style). Since it looks the GFX are trying to resemble that. Music needs a more fast paced electronic percussion element added. Not a pure orchestra only. They continue on this route the show will definetely be canceled... or at least last the current season only... CHANGE THE MUSIC!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

musiliu

[2]Jan 27, 2010
    • level: 11
    i don't even notice the music..i just concentrate on the action

holgatej77

[3]Jan 27, 2010
    • level: 6
    Yeah, I haven't really noticed the music either, but the audio track does suck. I watched the pilot in surround (7.1) through my receiver and even at that I had to crank up the volume. There were many times when I couldn't hear what the characters were saying (mostly Chance.)

I have last night's ep recorded, so I'll have to listen to the opening then...

RanCorX2

[4]Feb 2, 2010
    • level: 2
    sorry I disagree with all of you, I could hear what they were saying just fine in the pilot and every episode since. I also really like the intro music, it's cool.
    Edited on 02/02/2010 10:17am

phonzee101

[5]Feb 4, 2010
    • level: 13
    I agree with RanCorX2 I can hear eveything just fine on my tv

mypheralside

[6]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 5
    Have to say i quite like the music so far - it makes every episode feel like a big-scale action movie. And i've not found it too interfering, so i'm not noticing it too much, it just spices up the action subtly.

LuttMilla

[7]Feb 12, 2010
    I think the music is fantastic. It sticks out and gives the whole show a very special note. Every other show on TV seems to have the same composer/producer because all these electronic scores just sound the same. Does anybody know who wrote the music to Human Target? I would like to buy it.

Stancheck

[8]Feb 13, 2010

I didnĀ“t notice the music but it has some charthits i remember.

-B1scu1T-

[9]Feb 14, 2010
    • level: 5
    Im not this shows biggest fan but it does have potential to be something. The intro music and backtrack is seriously bad, totally agree. It sounds like someone vomited on an orchestra then told them to play anyway.

trevorchristian

[10]Feb 14, 2010
    • level: 7
    I see your point re the music and I noticed it at my the first episode.

LadyVaako

[11]Feb 17, 2010
    • level: 9

mypheralside wrote:
    Have to say i quite like the music so far - it makes every episode feel like a big-scale action movie. And i've not found it too interfering, so i'm not noticing it too much, it just spices up the action subtly.

LuttMilla wrote:
    I think the music is fantastic. It sticks out and gives the whole show a very special note. Every other show on TV seems to have the same composer/producer because all these electronic scores just sound the same.

I agree with both of you. The musical score sets the show apart in that regard and it's very similar to what you would find in a movie. Just because it's not hard rock and doesn't make your ears and your nose bleed doesn't mean it's crap.

I remember watching a few minutes of the show Life once and thinking the music throughout the show sounded just like it does on House, same electronic score. And sure enough, both shows have the same composers. How truly original...

Edited on 02/17/2010 6:25pm

RanCorX2

[12]Feb 18, 2010

mypheralside wrote:

I comes on at the right moments and your right, it does make each episode feel sorta like an action movie.

-B1scu1T- wrote:
    Im not this shows biggest fan but it does have potential to be something. The intro music and backtrack is seriously bad, totally agree. It sounds like someone vomited on an orchestra then told them to play anyway.

I guess good music is lost on you then. The theme to me is one of those ones that sticks in your mind. Like 007 or Indiana Jones, has a real adventure feel to it.

Edited on 02/18/2010 12:57am

fryman1701

[13]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 7
    LuttMilla wrote:
    I think the music is fantastic. It sticks out and gives the whole show a very special note. Every other show on TV seems to have the same composer/producer because all these electronic scores just sound the same. Does anybody know who wrote the music to Human Target? I would like to buy it.
    The music is written by Bear McCreary, the man behind the wonderful music in BSG and Terminator:tSCC. He is definitely writing some of the most original TV soundtrack music I gave heard in years.

maddoxes

[14]Mar 3, 2010

The music is really too good for popular consumption. I would love to hear this composer's serious works. As a symphony musician for many years and experienced with all genres, I will tell you that there is some real talent here. I love it Because it does not go the Elec. route. But, the masses are asses and they pay the bills for this, so we better dumb it way down for them.

darkwingcat

[15]Mar 16, 2010

fryman1701 wrote:
    LuttMilla wrote:
    The music is written by Bear McCreary, the man behind the wonderful music in BSG and Terminator:tSCC. He is definitely writing some of the most original TV soundtrack music I gave heard in years.

I became a fan of Bear McCreary's music after watching BSG. And now, I'm enjoying the haunting music he's composing for Caprica. The Human Target music is more orchestral than I'm used to for tv shows, but I think it sounds grand-- like movie music.

McCreary writes a wonderful blog about how he comes up with the music for a show, Human Target included. It's a terrific read for those interested: http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/

Edited on 03/16/2010 7:18pm

K4CMU

[16]Mar 18, 2010

The music and opening caught me first. It reminded me of the early James Bond movies. "Yes. Sit back. This is a spy story. Do not miss anything".

I'd expect the music to be nominated for the next round of Emmies. Beautiful visuals on the opening. It is remarkable they keep the pace so tight outside usual formulas. The small ensemble works.

Fuhgeddabouditt

[17]Mar 18, 2010
    I strongly disagree. The musical score is good and fits the theme perfectly.

spriggan1985

[18]Mar 21, 2010
    • level: 6

The intro music is amazing, it almost sounds like some war-drama, it sounds kind of epic. Just love it

Edited on 03/21/2010 1:10pm

Data1001

[19]Mar 24, 2010
    • level: 4

Okay, to be completely honest, at first I wasn't sure what I thought of the Human Target opening credits theme -- mostly because it was so different-sounding than 99% of what we've been hearing on television for years.

At first, I also wasn't sure if I was going to stick with the show -- I liked it well enough, but there is so much good TV these days, I find myself having to be judicious about what I commit to watching regularly.

However, at about the same time as the show really started digging into my consciousness (with outstanding character and story development, and a great performance by Jackie Earl Haley), I noticed I was REALLY digging the theme music, and the rest of the score, as well. It's great because it's NOT cookie-cutter music, it's complex and unexpected -- like the show is becoming.

What I didn't know until just a few minutes ago when I read someone else's post, is that Bear McCreary is the composer. And yet this makes perfect sense -- he's blown me away with his work on BSG, and I'm also liking his work on Caprica.

THE MUSIC ROCKS. BEAR MCCREARY ROCKS. That is all.

bigarbel

[20]Apr 5, 2010
    • level: 12

The music is amazing and makes the series stand out from the rest. I am glad they do not use the done to dead hip-hop crap and second rate electronic music.