Human Target Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Human Target Title Music and Score is Horrible

CthulhuSaves

[21]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 4
    I find the music very fitting, and love the fact that it's not your typical TV crap. It's done like a theatrical movie, and that's just great. If you want garbage scores that all sound alike, hire Mike Post & Pete Carpenter. If you want something larger-than-life that fits the mood, stick with McCreary.

On a related note, if you pay attention, there isn't a single score or "theme" for this series. Each episode's soundtrack is custom-tailored for the individual story. I think that's a very nice touch.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

runtombob

[22]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 2

music is great especially for the title music because if you watch it carefully the score hits with the all the paint brushing and movements that go with the opening animation. very original, not too overly done like a bond theme. short, simple, very moving.

Special-K99

[23]Apr 18, 2010
    • level: 6
    I love the music. Dramatic, fast, exactly what the show needs.

danyo37

[24]Apr 18, 2010
    • level: 3

The music is brilliantly written and helps set the show apart from all the other shows on TV right now. Especially nowadays when practically every show ends with some slow song sung by a contemporary band. The original music throughout the whole show is definitely the way to go and this particular score sounds amazing.

DustoMan

[25]Nov 18, 2010
    • level: 9
    Well I hope the OP is happy with last night's music and new opening theme. The incredibly awesome fully orchestrated soundtrack, by BSG-Caprica-Walking Dead composer Bear McCreary, is totally gone this season. The show producers didn't even have the decency to thank Mr. McCreary for all the effort he put into the show's 1st season. They just never called him back for Season 2. His score really set a tone for the show and made it seem larger then it really was. Now there's just something missing that two pairs of long feminine legs cannot replace. Go check out Bear McCreary's blog for some great video blogs on how he went about creating the instrumental voice for the show. He even got Mark Valley to come in and participate in recording some of an episode's score. How awesome is that?!?! I loved his score so much, I put my money where my mouth is and bought the soundtrack set from LaLaLand Records. You should too. It's on iTunes.

Calendir

[26]Nov 18, 2010
    • level: 5

DustoMan wrote:
    Well I hope the OP is happy with last night's music and new opening theme. The incredibly awesome fully orchestrated soundtrack, by BSG-Caprica-Walking Dead composer Bear McCreary, is totally gone this season. The show producers didn't even have the decency to thank Mr. McCreary for all the effort he put into the show's 1st season. They just never called him back for Season 2. His score really set a tone for the show and made it seem larger then it really was. Now there's just something missing that two pairs of long feminine legs cannot replace. Go check out Bear McCreary's blog for some great video blogs on how he went about creating the instrumental voice for the show. He even got Mark Valley to come in and participate in recording some of an episode's score. How awesome is that?!?! I loved his score so much, I put my money where my mouth is and bought the soundtrack set from LaLaLand Records. You should too. It's on iTunes.

I'm in anger over the loss of the first season's title music. I REALLY enjoyed it. And loved hearing the title score every week, and I've really missed it , and now watching the first episode; I'm pissed off and disappointed that it's gone

RanCorX2

[27]Nov 25, 2010
    • level: 2

yea..hope your happy op! ughh

rosanard

[28]Dec 9, 2010
    • level: 5
    I so hate the new title music! Someone in this topic said the first title music gave the show an adventure feel, that is so right. It reminded me of Indiana Jones movies, I love those
    I hope they get enough complaints to bring back the first title music.

MajLorne

[29]Jan 1, 2011
    • level: 21
    Calendir wrote:

DustoMan wrote:

I'm in anger over the loss of the first season's title music. I REALLY enjoyed it. And loved hearing the title score every week, and I've really missed it , and now watching the first episode; I'm pissed off and disappointed that it's gone

I agree, I prefer the season 1 opening theme compared to this season's. But it could be worse like the introduction of the Ilsa character. So the theme music is low on my list of complaints about season 2.