Human Target Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Imbroglio (RESCHEDULED 1/14!)

Gislef

[1]Jan 11, 2011
    • level: 100
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of 1/14/11 episode "Imbroglio" to this thread. Due to the Tucson Memorial Service, the episode was pre-empted on 1/12/11.

Enjoy!
    Edited on 01/13/2011 9:48am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SupremeLegate

[2]Jan 12, 2011
    • level: 13

Would someone care in inform me as to W...T...H just happened!!!

I sit down to watch tonight's two episodes and for some reason I am now watching "Raising Hope"

Edited on 01/12/2011 5:18pm

Gislef

[3]Jan 12, 2011
    • level: 100
    Fox had a half hour to fill before they broadcast the Tucson Memorial Service live.

VConn

[4]Jan 12, 2011
    • level: 17

Gislef wrote:
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of "Imbroglio" to this thread. Due to the Tucson Memorial Service, the episode was pre-empted on 1/12/11: a new date will be posted when available. Enjoy!

Thanks for letting us know, I was about to post another ugly FOX-HATING post but now I won't, Hopefully new episodes resume next week

Glornt

[5]Jan 12, 2011
    • level: 12

You can still rage at Fox -- they didn't have to carry the Tucson Memorial Service (aka Politicians Playing a Tragedy for Personal Advantage).

sandbur

[6]Jan 12, 2011
    • level: 25

Both episodes aired as usual in Canada. I did make comments under the show section, so my apologies and no spoilers intended to the US audiences where the eps were preempted.

...And my condolences for the losses and tragedy of this past week...

SupremeLegate

[7]Jan 13, 2011
    • level: 13

Well it would have been nice for them to at least let us know ahead of time. As far as I know the first indication that it had been preempted was when "Rasing Hope" started.

And it also does not look like I will be able to watch it online either, since it appears to have aired in Canada.

Edited on 01/13/2011 5:16am

haldrey

[8]Jan 13, 2011
    • level: 22
    SupremeLegate wrote:

Well it would have been nice for them to at least let us know ahead of time. As far as I know the first indication that it had been preempted was when "Rasing Hope" started.

p>

My thoughts exactly.

musiliu

[9]Jan 13, 2011
    • level: 11
    yeah..when i saw that raising hope intro thing, i was like WTF!!! they cancelled Human Target!!!

but it was actually pre-empted..

BarryWeen3

[10]Jan 13, 2011
    • level: 14
    musiliu wrote:
    yeah..when i saw that raising hope intro thing, i was like WTF!!! they cancelled Human Target!!!

but it was actually pre-empted..

I think all Human Target fans had a WTF moment Wednesday night except apparently for some Canadian fans as some of them apparently saw the episode Wednesday night as normal, but it apparently was only certain areas. Werid.

So since they had repeats of Kitchen Nightmares originally scheduled for this Friday, they can now air our pre-empted episodes. Yeah...

randomjester187

[11]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 2
    Thanks for letting us know the new airing date.

Even though the episode is titled 'new' my DVR wasn't recording it, so I had to set it manually.

It's a two episode airing from 8-10.

haldrey

[12]Jan 15, 2011
    • level: 22

Out of time and out of date but the episode finally aired and it was a great one, even if it featured the Pucci lady.

Edited on 01/16/2011 5:47am

BarryWeen3

[13]Jan 15, 2011
    haldrey wrote:
    Out of time and out of date but the episode finally aired and it a great one, even if it featured the Pucci lady.

She wasn't that annoying as before in this episode, or I'm getting use to her.

Another great Guerrero moment, when the lead terrorist asks who he is and as soon as he says his name, a bunch of the underlings start mumbling Guerrero's name with fear and reverence...

Also Guerrero hitting on Ilsa's sister-in-law.

I also thought it funny when Ilsa's sister-in-law pushed her bodyguard to make a move and then he proceeds to get his clock cleaned.

ssjain

[14]Jan 15, 2011
    • level: 35
    Glornt wrote:

You can still rage at Fox -- they didn't have to carry the Tucson Memorial Service (aka Politicians Playing a Tragedy for Personal Advantage).

Show a little respect for those lost! The service would likely have aired regardless if the president spoke or not.

Kromdale

[15]Jan 15, 2011
    • level: 4

ssjain wrote:
    Glornt wrote:

Show a little respect for those lost! The service would likely have aired regardless if the president spoke or not.

Loved the Guerrero fight and Chance solo act at the end where he took on the whole gang of bad guys. Actually kind lucked out on the reschedule since i missed it wed and got to see it on friday.

off topic

As for the rescheduling, the perious person was correct. Lots of people get shot every day. Dont see an aired memorial for them.

musiliu

[16]Jan 15, 2011
    • level: 11
    the episode would have been better if they replaced the black FBI guy with Emma Barnes making an appearance again, and change the plot a little to make up for the change...

RoverGuy

[17]Jan 18, 2011
    • level: 9

Yeah, rescheduling for the Politcal Pep Rally (complete with slogans, t-shirts, cheering and yelling - is it re-elction season?) sucked.

Back on topic...

9/10

Back to the old type of action in my opinion - fights, explosions, escapes, humor. La Tortellini - hilarious. Chance being able to vomity on cue, too. I was impressed with Guerreros knowledge of opera and finer things in life. I bet we see more of the sister-in-law and Guerrero in the future.

Chance slugging that ladies husband, thinking he was a baddie was pretty funny.

danharr

[18]Jan 18, 2011
    • level: 45

Good episode always in amazement as Ilsa continues to suck less the Guerrero moments were epic. The sister in law made a good first impression unlike Ilsa and Chase needing to be saved and Ilsa becoming more of the team were well done.

MajLorne

[19]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 21

Oh damn, I can't believe I missed it last week. I agree what happened in Arizona is a tragedy, but at least Fox should've made a note to let us know when the show will reair. Now I gotta watch the shows on Hulu or something :angry:

Edit as have seen the ep on Hulu:

Great ep. Ilsa was much better in this ep at least being a bit more useful somewhat. Loved the plot where the hostages were dressed as the terrorists and vice versa - just like that scene in Dark Knight, can't go wrong with that. Also loved the part where Chance hits one of the hostages and it turned out to be the husband for his wife - whoops. lol.

Edited on 01/21/2011 8:08pm
    Edited 2 total times.

BarryWeen3

[20]Jan 21, 2011

MajLorne wrote:

Oh damn, I can't believe I missed it last week. I agree what happened in Arizona is a tragedy, but at least Fox should've made a note to let us know when the show will reair. Now I gotta watch the shows on Hulu or something :angry:

Edit as have seen the ep on Hulu:

Great ep. Ilsa was much better in this ep at least being a bit more useful somewhat. Loved the plot where the hostages were dressed as the terrorists and vice versa - just like that scene in Dark Knight, can't go wrong with that. Also loved the part where Chance hits one of the hostages and it turned out to be the husband for his wife - whoops. lol.

It was posted onFOX's website that the pre-empted Human Target episodes were going to air on Friday 1/14 in place of repeats of Kitchen Nightmares.

Now don't forget that this week was American Idol's two hour premiere so there wasn't a new Human Target on 1/19 and FOX has also decided to extend next week's American Idol episode, so the Human Target episode "Kill Bob"that was going to air on 1/26 will now air on Monday 1/31 @ 8PM.