Human Target Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Run (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Feb 9, 2010
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 2/10/10 episode "Run" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Stitllams

[2]Feb 9, 2010
    • level: 6
    Gotta love the ending, "You can't run from who you are..., you can't run from me!"

RoverGuy

[3]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 9

I like this show, good mix of action and drama with a little comedy thorwn in.

A naked woman in the back seat would be a bit distracting

The Cigarette Smoking Man (Whitely Doyle) looked older than 66!

I hope we get at least one or two episodes centered around Jackie Earl Haleys character and back story.

joeybrandojones

[4]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 13
    I really wanted to watch this but the whole time the TV didn't work. I hope they re-run it soon but it doesnt look like it (also I really hate having to watch it online, but I guess I will have to do that)

sandbur

[5]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 25

This episode was as good if not better than the Pilot, partly because the characters are more established now, but also because: so is the fun and imagination! The case was fundamentally plausible, but then the execution of the "day-in-the-life" was totally comic book; larger-than-life and firmly tongue-in-cheek. I loved it.

ADA Allyson was well played by Kristen Lehman and she seemed to fit in beautifully with the comic vibe of the presentation and the permanent cast. I also like that the "women in peril" in this series, so far at least, seem to have as many...um...ballz(!) as any of the guys! No simpering females here! Nice touch!

Dylan Neal was a treat: I have missed him since Blood Ties and while I like him much better as the good guy, he does a bad guy with equal aplomb! Nice touch at the end; getiing his a$$ kicked by an asp beating a la "Vicki Nelson"!!

Mark Valley delivers "Christopher Chance" better than Keen Eddie, if that's possible. This guy knows exactly what to do with this character and how to do it. It does require total suspension of disbelief to watch a character in this much control, but Valley nails it. From not one, but three insane car chases, to taking on the masses in a dark court room storage locker, to delivering the aforementioned asp-beating...he helped this episode bring the series to the next level! I love this character.

Also, Mark Valley, Chi McBride and Jackie Earle Haley all complement each other and the story. Its fun to see a big, tough guy like "Winston", with a past likely as checkered as "Chance's", find himself the comic relief, and to see "Guerrero" as the unlikely, "you-don't-want-to-cross-me"character. I find myself wanting to know as much about their backgrounds as i do "Chance's"...like, who are these "guys" that Guerrero knows and why would he know them??

If there truly is a Santa Claus, FOX will start advertising this baby and get behind it. No one else on TV has quite as successfully brought imaginative TV back to the air, but they also have a bad track record at supporting some promising series...

haldrey

[6]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 22
    This show is getting better and better, this episode was just awesome. Bring on more.

danharr

[7]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 45
    This show does what it does well great episode and nice excuse to show big boobies thanks HT show writers. I'm getting tired of the allusions to Chances past ok he's the international man of mystery we get it now let it alone until the sotry comes out but other than that love Guerro as usual great job.