Human Target Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Taking Ames (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Nov 28, 2010
    • level: 101
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 12/1/10 episode "Taking Ames" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RoverGuy

[2]Dec 2, 2010
    • level: 9

Decent episode.

Ilsa seemed to swap positions too easily - one minute she wants to fire Ames, Chance says something, then Ilsa doesn't want to fire Ames. She doesn't want Guerrero to torture "Chicago" then breaks a chair over his head and helps Guerrero capture him. Just a minor nitpick for me. Still trying to figure out her character/role.

Any chance to see Janet Montgomery barely dressed (and covered in oil!) is fine with me, but I hope it doesn't start happening every show. Three episodes in and twice now. No plot contrivances to get her stripped down, please.

I did like they way, at the end, Chance asks Guerrero if the changes to the office were good or bad, and his reply is time will tell. And Winston chimes in with the quip about bringing women in to the picturecould be bad. I think it was a nod by the writers to the fans and critics about the changes to the show structure this season. Nice.

Dewbak75

[3]Dec 2, 2010
    • level: 18

I thought it was a very fun episode, and a good way to help solidify the new team dynamic. Ames helping out her friend made sense even though she's trying to turn over a new leaf. She grew up with him, and he did time for her. Like they said, it's hard to say no when someone like that asks for help. And I get why she agreed to the diamond job, that Marcus dude did not look like the kind of guy you survive saying no to. But I thought it was refreshing that as soon as Ames realized she could be in serious trouble, she came to the team for help. The cliche would've been for her to think she could handle it on her own, until the team forced her to understand otherwise.

It looks like Ilsa may finally be getting used to how this team operates, or at least she's getting used to getting used to it. I didn't mind her busting the chair over Chicago's head after protesting what Guerrero was going to do to him, he was raging around the office pretty violently. Her line at the end about loyalty says to me that she's starting to understand what matters to this team. They're all flawed individuals, most of them have shady pasts(and probably a shady present for Guerrero), but they have each other's backs. Heck, look at Guerrero. There's certainly the indication that he's still up to no good when he's off the clock, but he's loyal to Chance(and now Winston).

I'll freely admit, I did not mind one bit seeing Janet Montgomery stripped to her skivvies and covered in oil, that girl is stunning. Thankfully they didn't dwell on it excessively. When you say they found a way to strip her twice in three episodes, are you referring to her changing clothes in the elevator? Because they barely showed any skin in that scene. And if you're referring to the dress itself, while it was very flattering(she looked like a knockout in it, no question), it wasn't overly revealing. She certainly doesn't seem like the kind of character who's just there to be t&a.

Jemadari

[4]Dec 2, 2010
    • level: 12

I agree the boss was a bit flip floppy about Ames, and I've said it before but Ames is just too childish too believable be apart of the team and as for her helping her "brother" there is nothing dearer to me than loyalty so I have no issues with that but at the end of the day Shirley Temple in "the little princess"(top 10 movie easy btw) was more mature than Ames and her character feels like she belongs on a CW drama(oxymoron I know) instead of an action show on Fox

and who else feels Guerrero was completely underused in this(and for that matter all other) episode but he did get one good one in about not following him we he's not at work and I personally loved how there were no hard feelings with the guy he was going to torture

oh and yeah seeing half naked people is always great but is no substitute for quality writing

Edited on 12/02/2010 7:35am

haldrey

[5]Dec 2, 2010
    • level: 22
    Good episode but this Pucci lady keeps getting in my nerves, that is one character that should be vaporized.

slkrebs

[6]Dec 2, 2010
    • level: 5

Anyone else starting to get the feeling this show's turning into LEVERAGE or something like that? I mean, come ON! I like strong female characters, too bad either actress isn't doing a convincing job of one.

Look at season one: strong storyline, good dialog between the three leads, a lot of fun. And, to put it bluntly, it was an action show for guys. Now? Chance and the others have got to explain everything to the newbie who might be cute, but not much else. And the boss? She's just hysterical and an idiot. We don't need another LEVERAGE, we don't need another BURN NOTICE.

My two cents: they're wrecking the show.

phonzee101

[7]Dec 2, 2010
    • level: 13

I miss the old dynamic of the show. We got to see more development of Ames but I hope she gets here act together soon. Albeit seeing here half clothed and covered in oil wasn't badWink.

I don't quite understand Ilsa yet what's her attitude towards how the guys handle things maybe we'll find out in future episodes I'd have to say this episode was average.

poulters

[8]Dec 2, 2010

GET RID OF the WOMEN

tryptz

[9]Dec 2, 2010
    • level: 13

I kinda like Ames a little better after this epi. The part where Pucci mentions her objection to torture because she's on Amnesty International....just cracked me up. Still think they got the BEST FIGHT SCENES. awesome

yobo13

[10]Dec 2, 2010
    • level: 11
    haldrey wrote:
    Good episode but this Pucci lady keeps getting in my nerves, that is one character that should be vaporized.

I totally agree with you. I readlly don't like the Pucci lady. What does she really bring to the table? nothing at all. ok, money but they were doing perefectly fine before without a boss. so.. I think she should go, she's just too annoying.

antvent

[11]Dec 2, 2010
    • level: 1

I am enjoying Ames because she is rookie and you have all these old vets kind of showing her the ropes. It also brings some unpredictability, we know Chance , Winston and Guerrero and always going to succeed or kick ass. With Ames, I don't if she is going to screw up, do the right thing or learn something. As for Pucci, they need to get that woman off the show, she is awful. I do not like the character at all. She is completely clueless and her reactions to to things make me want to turn away from the screen. The less of her they better. I want to introduce this show to more of my friends, but I think once they keep seeing her character it will be a turnoff for them. I mean seriously call the police? To you own secret hideout? please no more!

Edited on 12/02/2010 6:19pm

sandbur

[12]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 25

This episode was likely there to seal the deal with the audience and the Ames character. I'm not sure it did that for me. They've not shown me anything worth investing in as far as this character is concerned. And Ilsa just doesn't get it, so maybe she just needs to be a "Charlie" as in Charlies Angles and be a nag by phone...

I never thought I would hear myself say this, but this show was much more fun when it was a testosterone-fest that didn't take itself too seriously.

Dump the chicks. The show is in danger of being a joke instead of making one.

danharr

[13]Dec 12, 2010
    • level: 45

Good episode but too much change too soon for the show I can deal with Ames and maybe even Pucci by themselves but together it's way too much. Pucci is annoying and always getting in the way and I don't want this to be the hot Ames scene of the week show either. With the show being so different from the first season this might be my last one with the show if it last that long.

poulters

[14]Dec 16, 2010

ok this episode did it my last, pucci, owns the business, walks all over the guys, pays them and tells them what to do everything above board, she has officially distroyed a great show I'm for for it to be cancelled.