TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Human Target Forums

FOX (ended 2011)

Official Season 2+ News, Spoilers, Voting, Speculation etc. Thread

Gislef

[1]May 12, 2010
    • level: 101
    With the renewal of the show announced for the 2010-2011 season, please direct all news, spoilers, off-site voting, speculation, etc. to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

VConn

[2]May 12, 2010
    • level: 17

I just read the news of the renewal of both Human Target and LIE TO ME, That's awesome news especially for HT now we will get to see Chance and Guerrero find Winston(Presumably they'll find him alive...).

I must say I was surprised by the announcement especially with LTM since the second season doesn't even resume until June\July, What happened did all the fox execs who canceled(railroaded) shows like FIREFLY and DOLLHOUSE get replaced with people who have brains or something?

Seriously though WELL DONE FOX, Thanks for giving us fans the chance to see more of these great shows!

BarryWeen3

[3]May 13, 2010
    • level: 14
    VConn wrote:

I just read the news of the renewal of both Human Target and LIE TO ME, That's awesome news especially for HT now we will get to see Chance and Guerrero find Winston(Presumably they'll find him alive...).

I must say I was surprised by the announcement especially with LTM since the second season doesn't even resume until June\July, What happened did all the fox execs who canceled(railroaded) shows like FIREFLY and DOLLHOUSE get replaced with people who have brains or something?

Seriously though WELL DONE FOX, Thanks for giving us fans the chance to see more of these great shows!

No, it just seems that FOX has a thing against Joss Whedon shows...

Consider the two shows you mention, what do they have in common?

They're both Josh Whedon shows.

They both had new pilots written at the behest of the FOX executives. Dollhouse's original pilot got chopped up and integrated into several of the early episodes. I believe Firefly's original longer pilot aired last.

Unlike Firefly, Dollhouse had two seasons and had all but one episode actually make it to air.

Still, makes you wonder...

sandbur

[4]May 13, 2010
    • level: 25

Good news on the well deserved breathing room. Now let's hope the creative team gets those juices flowing for a season two that demands a season three! Laughing

ntixitjo

[5]May 15, 2010
    • level: 4
    anybody know when season 2 starts? did i read the above june/july thing wrong (i hope)?

BarryWeen3

[6]May 15, 2010
    ntixitjo wrote:
    anybody know when season 2 starts? did i read the above june/july thing wrong (i hope)?

The June/July thing was referring to Lie to Me which returns this summer to complete airing the second half of its second season. Both Lie to Me and Human Target were renewed by Fox and Human Target will return in the fall and Lie to Me will probably return in the spring as I doubt Fox will run Lie to Me's second season throughout the summer and immediately follow-up with the third season, but you never know.

Lie to Me's second season resumes June 7 and ends on August 30. Human Target is set to return in the fall which will be September. I'm assuming Lie to Me's third season will return in January, but could possibly also start in fall.

mattgus

[7]May 19, 2010
    vcon we watch the same tv...i had my fingers crossed for lie to me also..i just came from that forum...i really was worried that niether of these would make it...they have had endless time slot probs it seems...lie to me is so intellegent and i see all kinds of possibilities for human target...hopefully they will get popular enugh for full seasons...

Dewbak75

[8]Jun 18, 2010
    • level: 18

From a recent interview with Emmanuelle Vaugier(FBI agent Emma Barnes) : http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/entertainment/breakingnews/emmanuelle-vaugier-juggles-comedy-and-action-in-movie-tv-series-roles-95891829.html

"The actress, who has some horror work on her resume including turns in two of the "Saw" movies, is also looking forward to resuming work on the action-adventure series "Human Target."

In that, she plays FBI agent Emma Barnes, who seems to be turning into a love interest for the mysterious Christopher Chance (Mark Valley) after a tumultuous few outings.

"There's talk of that," she allowed. "We'll see what happens but that's a show I'd like to be a bigger part of and come back on a regular basis."

She said she likes the fact that the show, which also stars Jackie Earle Haley of "Watchmen" and Chi McBride, ably mixes its action with humour."

Personally, I'd love to see her on the show again, both of her episodes in the first season were a lot of fun.

BarryWeen3

[9]Nov 17, 2010
    Dewbak75 wrote:

From a recent interview with Emmanuelle Vaugier(FBI agent Emma Barnes) : http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/entertainment/breakingnews/emmanuelle-vaugier-juggles-comedy-and-action-in-movie-tv-series-roles-95891829.html

"The actress, who has some horror work on her resume including turns in two of the "Saw" movies, is also looking forward to resuming work on the action-adventure series "Human Target."

In that, she plays FBI agent Emma Barnes, who seems to be turning into a love interest for the mysterious Christopher Chance (Mark Valley) after a tumultuous few outings.

"There's talk of that," she allowed. "We'll see what happens but that's a show I'd like to be a bigger part of and come back on a regular basis."

She said she likes the fact that the show, which also stars Jackie Earle Haley of "Watchmen" and Chi McBride, ably mixes its action with humour."

Personally, I'd love to see her on the show again, both of her episodes in the first season were a lot of fun.

Looks like Agent Barnes took a vacation to Hawaii to assassinate a General, she appeared in Monday night's episode of Hawaii Five-0 as an assassin.

BarryWeen3

[10]Nov 19, 2010
    According to the article at Televisionary, FOX's new midseason schedule, which has the return of American Idol and the addition of 2 comedies, an animated show, and a police drama to the line-up, will have the Human Target move an hour later to 9PM on January 26 following American Idol at 8PM. There will also be some two-hour airings on January 5 and January 12. Human Target will conclude its second season 13 episode run on February 9.

Human Target airings:

November 17 8PM Ilsa Pucci (season premiere)
    November 24 8PM The Wife's Tale
    December 1 8PM Taking Ames
    December 8 8PM New Episode (4)
    December 15 8PM New Episode (5)
    December 22 8PM New Episode (6)
    December 29 8PM Encore Presentation (probably the season premiere episode)
    January 5 8PM 2HR Episode (7,8 )
    January 12 8PM 2HR Episode (9,10)
    January 19 8PM No Human Target, 2HR American Idol Premiere
    January 26 9PM New Episode (11)
    February 2 9PM New Episode (12)
    February 9 9PM Season Finale (13)
    Edited on 11/19/2010 6:05pm

BarryWeen3

[11]Jan 13, 2011
    As an update on the remaining 5 Human Target episodes for Season 2, due to Wednesday's pre-empting and now FOX has expanded American Idol for the 26th, Human Target gets shuffled around...again...aaarrrrghh...

January 14 Friday 8PM Imbroglio/Cool Hand Guerrero

January 31 Monday 8PM Kill Bob

February 2 Wednesday 9PM Episode 12

February 9 Wednesday 9PM Season Finale

So assuming no other expansions by FOX of American Idol, we'll have 5 Human Target episodes airing on three different nights in two different time periods over little less than a month.

Fun times. Thanks FOX. (insert massive sarcasm here)

BarryWeen3

[12]Feb 16, 2011

EW recently talked to FOX producers on the chances of renewal for Fringe and Human Target. FOX seemed to be excited about the fan following that accompanied Fringe to Fridays, so Fringe probably has a good chance for renewal. On Human Target, FOX said Human Target and Lie to Me have solid numbers but we have to look at our shelf space. EW translated that to mean, how FOX's new pilots work out will determine if there's any room for Human Target and Lie to Me to come back. Cause FOX like the CW programs less primetime hours than ABC, CBS, and NBC.

MajLorne

[13]Feb 27, 2011
    • level: 21
    Not to say I hope Chicago Code tanks like Lone Star did, but would that be the only way to convince fox to keep both Lie to Me and Human Target? At least both shows have a history and following. I'm thrilled about the optimistic news on Fringe. Sorry to say in this forum, but of the 3 I would miss fringe the most if it were to be canned. Human target would be a very close 2nd.

Writerpatrick

[14]Apr 12, 2011
    • level: 13

While there may be a chance, I have little hope that Human Target will get renewed. If the network wanted more episodes then why not extend season 2? I think they messed it up too much with the changes.

It does look like Fringe will be back next year. That makes it less likely that Human Target or Lie To Me will return.

MajLorne

[15]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 21
    Based on the list TV.com posted, it seems "Lie to Me" has a better shot than "Human Target". I'm no expert, but I would guess Lie would be cheaper to keep since it's mostly dialoge vs explosions and stunts.

I just hope Fox brings Human target for one more season at the very least. I mean they gave Fringe a 'waiver' from the dated Nielson system. Who's to say HT might be the same with people preferring to watch online. Also the finale had a strong leadin from American idol. That's what the show really needed, something good to start like House or whatever top rated show Fox has.