Human Target

Ilsa Pucci

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 17, 2010 on FOX

7.2
  • The new season opens on a positive note - better script, acting, scenery. Even two new team members look like an improvement. Only a couple scenes generated "Aw, c'mon!"

We started watching Human Target about halfway through the first season, and have yet to see them all. Always looking for a new dramatic series with decent dialog, good scenery, and first-class cinematography. I would rate the episodes we saw earlier this year as ok, and we put the series on our DVR.

The new season opener, "Ilsa Pucci," was a definite improvement. Better script, impressive acting, and some good international location shots. I was skeptical about adding two more to the team, thinking this series would look far too much like "Leverage." They were much better than I expected, and thank you, producers, for not making one of them the stereotypical computer tech. Chi McBride is a pretty impressive actor, especially in the bomb-on-the-chest scene, but we knew that from his work on the much-lamented "Pushing Daisies." Another amusing scene - in Nepal, when Chance waffles on taking up with Ilsa, the monks drop his duffel in front of him - you're gone! A weak plot spot - having someone check to see if any "private planes" left recently. From SFO? Please! SFO logs almost 100k non-airline operations a year. And who are they going to ask - Air Traffic? Get an aviation advisor if this is going to continue.

Really liked the escape scene from the Geneva bank - Ilsa and Chance crashing through a window to the lake below, with a boat ready for pickup. Of course new team member Ames is terminally pretty, but I don't foresee an inter-team romance, and that's a good thing. This show is much easier to watch than several of it's competitors in the action/law enforcement category, so it stays on the DVR and moves up in the priority list a bit. We're actually looking forward to the next episode - #2-1 was fun.