Human Target

Lockdown

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Feb 17, 2010 on FOX

6.9
  • Not the strongest episode so far, but...

...it certainly does do the job of complicating Chance's future quite a bit. It was time to start seeing where he came from and what his current persona was all about. This gave just a glimpse at the end, but it could open the doors to some great episodes.

"Lockdown" was not as full of the usual gags and humour that most of the episodes have contained so far, but on the other hand, who's life is one big comedy? Even an imaginary comic book here has to have some days that suck!

While not the strongest episode of the season, I still like this show and I believe in its potential. Seems audiences as becoming as quick to dump on a series as the networks are, and at the very least WE should be a bit more forgiving.

I don't think the drop dead point is anywhere near NOW for this series. I want to see what happens to Chance, how Guerrero was involved in all of it, why Guerrero hates prison so much and where the gap in Winston's insight comes from.

I will be re-watching tonight on FOX.
  • If this series continues with this pace, maybe the momentum would build up and grab itself up a lock-down of fans.

I only wanted Human Target to set itself apart from our everyday 'James Bond', Spy drama character, because there are many on television.

Maybe the charms of Mark Valley could capture a few, although I would admit he wasn't my favorite character from 'Boston Legal' and his noodle stained off the book character he placed in 'Run' didn't really do the trick.

I would reveal on the plot end that it was cleverly detailed. It was complimentary having a past 'Alias' character 'Kevin Weisman' play something not too far from the geek role he attracts himself to. He probably carries that scripted look directors go for.

My interest was in the suspense of the 'Boss' that is supposedly chasing after Chance. Running a facial recognition could wave a few flags and that was one way to draw suspense within a plot. Also that fight scene in the elevator was beyond imaginable, sort of like an adrenaline rush, so I wasn't really bored. I had a lot of fun with this one.

Sidereel's Kendra and Rachel, mentioned that they "kind of already gave up" on it. I actually felt the same way for the first three episodes and it developed an unrealistic trend that I didn't like. Now things, I can actually say, are brightening up, there isn't much word on this one, but if it continues with this pace, I might keep my interest.

I am actually into series that bring an element of drama and suspicion on the table. It must allude something that keeps you thinking and bares that originality you can appreciate. I did appreciate the 'Aunt Linda' and 'Uncle Dan' references, i'm not sure if it refers to something real in 'spy language', so that was a genuine brain teaser , but Human Target is still touching on 'already been done' grounds, so let's find out how the next episode turns out.

Lexa Review

___________

Four Stars

Grade B+
    ___________
  • Just what I needed, especially this week!

In a week when new episodes are in short supply (Freakin Olympics!) Lockdown was a godsend. This week, The seemingly unstopable Christopher Chance is hired to break in to a high security highrise and break out a young weapons designer who's life has a fast approaching experation date. Meanwhile Winston and Guerrero infiltrate the regional office of the FBI in the guise of an informant trying to spill info about Chance's infiltration as being hired by a foreign power trying to kidnap the young engineer to get Homeland to raid the place. Chance must summon all of his skills to fight his way to the groundfloor and get the young man to freedom.