Human Target

Marshall Pucci

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Feb 09, 2011 on FOX

7.6
  • How do I feel about this one...

Well, I feel that Guerrero is about the only character that has come away with his integrity as a character, intact. He kicked some serious a$$ in true and consistent form, only more so! Just the way I would have liked to see the season, and possibly the series, end.

Winston was pretty rock solid too, directing the final operation from afar as usual, and until the end, he was good old Winston. However, Dolly Levi he ain't! And he wasn't intended to be. And to reduce his final moments in the season, and perhaps the series, to just that is frankly, lame. Chance had one real "Chance moment" when he fell from the false ceiling in the hotel room and took out an impossible number of baddies single-handedly and with only a side-arm versus multiple automatic rifles. And then "they" (writers/creators) reduced him to a wuss. They took the unflappable, immovable object and made him twist in the wind like a girlie-spy, and that just ain't right. Ilsa. Well she looks good. And as only Hollywood can do, she manages to cry a lot and still have ZERO snot on her face. And that is the sum total of her contribution to the season-ender; possibly the series- ender.

Ames, as always, isn't worth mentioning.

If it wasn't for Guerrero and the bad guys, this would have been a write off, but they were so bad they were excellent.

So, how do I feel about this one? I feel that FOX abandoned the series long ago and we got a half baked effort in return. It must frustrate the main cast; knowing they had a fun, unique winner and then to have to watch it all fall apart at the seams, despite their best and very admirable efforts.

I still hope it comes back, but I want it back with the original integrity of the premise and the characters intact, and apologies in advance to my gender...that doesn't include the female roles. I accept the boy's club. In fact, it only works when it's a boy's club. This ending, seasonal or final, played out like FOX had Bill O'Reilly write the damn thing...