Human Target

Pilot

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Jan 17, 2010 on FOX

7.4
  • I will wait until there are more episodes on air before I rate the series overall, but...

...it certainly started with a bang...and a crash and just about every other form of action the writers could conceive of.

It was a fast paced episode, and felt comfortable in its own shoes for the first out of the gate. Hopefully, that bodes well for the balance of the season.

I really like Mark Valley's interpretation of "Chance". He's given the character familiar bits and pieces: the TV cool of James Bond in action with the attitude of "John McClane" in Die Hard, and yet it seems it might just manage to be his own in the end. It will be interesting as the episodes progress, to have the tidbits of the character's past come out.

And "Guerrero" also promises to be pretty cool, and may single handedly give nerds a great name! Never judge a book...

I kind of figured the husband for a role in it from that first meeting in the office, but his participation in the scheme did manage to unfold with some elements I did not expect. Combined with the action, fast pace, humour and characterizations (so far), I quite enjoyed the show and will be back for more.

Hopefully they can keep up the frenetic pace they have started.