Human Target

FOX (ended 2011)

Gislef

Human Target Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• This show is phenomenal.

I have watched every episode religously and am greatly pleased to know that Fox has given it a another shot... Can't wait for season 2. Chance's bravery and heroics, Guerrero's attitude and sarcasm and of course Winston's stoicism and inner strength to keep the other 2 in check. simply enjoyable TV, awesome escsapism. Way to go cast, crew and writers! keep up the great work and i'll keep on tuning in, guaranteed! To finally see 'WHO' the old man was at the end of season 1 was a shocker to say the least. Crazy action sequences mixed with just enough seriousness and humor make this show a keeper!
  • Excellent show!!! A made for TV series of "The Bodyguard" with action at least and NO singing - thank heaven!!!

In short, a hired assassin with a change of heart. Now undertakes the task of protection instead of deletion! Christopher Chance and his colleagues from his previous life have a change of heart and make a few pounds at the same time. Hired to protect (or rather to become the target instead of the intended target) instead of hired to delete. Great story line with action a bit of heart and good feelings to rival "the Pollyanna Syndrome". All in all a feel good show with worthy adversaries, good plot (although some might be corny but then again as Kate Winslet said in The Holidays "I need a bit of corny in my life."!!!
  • A fun romp of a show with entertaining characters, MacGyver-esque escapes, and lots of edge-of-your seat action scenes.

Each episode, the bad-guys-turned-good are hired to save someone. Of course, nothing goes right, they have all sorts of close calls, the sensible Winston has to rope in his partners, while Guerrero drives him batty, and then there's the happy final scene in the offices when all ends well. The show only has three regulars in each episode, but they are building up a few others who "drop in" for the occasional episode. It's not to be taken seriously, just good a good Diehard-like action movie each week, with a few more fights and cleaner language of course!

Hope Fox keeps this one...
  • Human Target is a great new show! Exciting, funny, good story line, and chemistry between the actors. Sure hope FOX keeps this one around for a few years.

My husband and I have been watching Human Target every week, and we really enjoy it and look forward to it. We have told others about it too, and they're now watching. The show is just chock full of excitement, fight scenes, romance, humor, chemistry -- great writing. Take a "chance" on Chance, he is one smooth, smart, cute, funny, fantastic fighting dude!!! Lets hope FOX doesn't just pull this one as so many shows do get pulled these days, without a 'chance'. They just need a bit of time for people to latch on to them. I'm tired of getting to like a show only for it to be pulled. Love these characters!!
  • This show is quite entertaining.

I find this show entertaining. It reminds me somewhat of Burn Notice and I find the current lack of in definition of the past of Chance to be quite intriguing. I agree with an earlier submitted review that suggested that the individual episodes do not quite seem to follow the premise of the show. However, I also find each of these episodes thrilling. It, like Burn Notice, is a refreshingly practical series that employs minimal or mostly "normal" technology. I am somewhat tempted to relate it to the classic MacGuyver series.

On the negative side, however, I find the soundtrack of the series to be generally "too much". There are background orchestral arrangements that sometimes break the spell that the episodes would have cast upon me and my mood by being so obvious and in my opinion unnecessary. It is possible that the track may be just a little too loud for my liking, but I believe that they overdo the orchestration a bit in an effort to emphasize the drama and/or action in particular scenes. Still a great show! I hope for many seasons to come.
  • very nice show... I hope they keep this on for a few more seasons. Characters are all interesting and can't wait to find out each one's past. Each episode is addicting and the missions Chance does are incredible.

very nice show... I hope they keep this on for a few more seasons. Characters are all interesting and can't wait to find out each one's past. Each episode is addicting and the missions Chance does are incredible. The theme music is pretty good too lol, it will grow on you. I have been watching this show on Hulu and ever since episode one I keep checking for a new episode. This show is very similar to Burn Notice, in the sense that the main character takes on jobs to protect/save people using his past experience . You should check this show out, you won't regret it.
  • Great show. Quick and witty. Pure fun w/ no sloooowww moments.

A lot of fast, great action sequences. They look very well done. the action is a stand-out but w/ great humor between the characters. How did they get 3 great personalities in one show. Usually one or two stand out and the rest are window dressing. The writters know how to give a bit of info about the character without belaboring it or giving it all in the first episode. The development of each character should be fun to watch. This show uses all the characters and they work well together. I hope the writters can keep up with the possiblilties the characters/actors are capable of delivering. It's an instant must see for me.
  • Finally. A tough guy show that doesn't take itself too seriously.

And as long as FOX and the writers continue to guide it along those lines, I believe the stars have the chops and presentation to pull it off.

There are fascinating characters, all of whom have a few more tidbits of probably very questionable pasts, revealed each week. There is undeniable action, and all of it is rolled up in a very self-deprecating humour. The show does not take itself seriously, and neither should the viewer.

I think its intended to be about what good television was originally supposed to be about: entertainment, escapism, suspension of disbelief.

I don't have to come away from an hour of TV believing what I saw. I have to come away from it wanting to see it all again next week; reality be damned.

I hope this is the "little show that could", because so far, I want to come back...
  • Lethal Weapon, McGyver & Superman. Blue eyed, REAL ex-military lead. Americana. Has atonement issues. Adventurous, heroic, witty, fluent in many languages, brilliant, can navigate a plane after reading a manual and may have a guilt complex.

Mark Valley has been overdue for a mainstream television show. Humor, looks, acting ability. Great show and if the network suits will just let it stay in one place and not get pre-empted too much it'll find an audience. I'd suggest the NCIS crowd mixed with the former 24 fans who couldn't commit another year to the 24 rollercoaster. GREAT supporting cast and what a Rottweiler!! This character has all the heroic qualities needed, plus he appears to be a former bad boy who is finding some kind of atonement and may be addicted to Russian roulette. He's funny, he's sharp as a tack and with just the right comic book touch he can be off the cuff witty in a moment and then in a second betray a haunted and poignant glance making it irresistible for the audience to wonder what the heck is this guy's story. ACTION. HUMOR. FUN. HEROISM. DRAMA. MYSTERY. What's not to like?
  • all episodes

it is not very original as an idea but the directing and the lack of cheese lines makes it perfect for this type of show & i like it very much.
    cast is good and the suspense about Chance past and employer will probably keep a lot of us in front of the screen.
    please do not mess it up, do not bring some woman to help him this will make the story boring. i really like that Chance hasn't got any regrets for shooting the attackers (in a lot of other shows the "good guy" is not willing to kill).
  • Like having a new action film every week!

I didn't really know what I was getting into when I first started this show. By the end of the second episode, I was hooked! This show has surprisingly high production values almost to the point where every week you're watching a new adrenaline pumping action movie. The highly stylized opening credits are a great homage to James Bond spy films. The music accents the action and doesn't get in the way. The series regulars do a very good job. You really wouldn't know this is based on a comic book. Love the characters, love the story, love this show!
  • Hey I've been watching "Human Target" since the show first aired, This is absolutely worth watching. The fight scenes are as good as the Bourne Identity.

The characters mesh well, it has great dialogue and doesn't lead the audience away with boring throw away episodes. Every episode has easy to follow sequences that most audiences can understand so that if one episode was missed the show keeps going, I would advise against missing one though because so far every episode has had it's on signature difference that makes them totally unique and adventurous. I hope fox does it's part to keep this show on, fan's miss shows like "Sarah Conner, Tru Calling, Dollhouse and etc.". Comic fan's and Bourne Trilogy fans this show is definitely for you. Also thank you Creators for such a great cast it is much appreciated the chemistry on the show. Thumbs Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • For the Action alone this is a 10!

This show is brilliant, ratings are doing well, which is great since I hope this continues for a while. This is as close as you can get to Jason Bourne, James Bond on the small screen, the choreography in some fight scenes is up there with big budget movies.

Great characters, and a different scenario each week, a plane, a train, a government building, a hotel, different countries, the jungle etc keeps the show fresh. But there's a bigger storyline about chance's boss.

Since 24 is ending if you're mourning the loss of Jack Bauer turn to Christopher Chance a.k.a The Human Target.
  • Top show, great entertainment, hope this one stays around a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

Top show, great entertainment, hope this one stays around

a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
  • There are pretenders among us. Geniuses with the ability to be become anyone they want to be.

In 1963 a corporation known as the Centre isolated a young pretender named Jarod and exploited his genius for their research. Then one day their pretender ran away...

I am really starting to like this show. At first I thought it was a bit too James Bondy, but now I see that this is 'The Pretender" for the 21st Century. He use to be a part of some program or Centre, he rebelled and now they want him back. It's been a slow fuse but it is all coming together with it's tid bits of information and clues. Where will this lead us? Who knows, but the Jackie Earle Haley character is hard to work out, Is he good, is he bad?
  • Its like a top action movie, every single week.

Although its only early in the shows lifespan (one which I currently hope will last quite a while yet) I think its safe to say that Human Target is a top show.

While it uses many genre cliches it often turns them on their head and presents them in unique ways, every episode is exciting and does its own thing featuring inventive set peices which, along with the witty scripting and fantastic production values, goes along way to ensure you are always entertained.

The cast is excellent, especially Jackie Earl Healy who, if he keeps it up, could easily become one of the coolest characthers on TV with his somewhat shady and calculatingly badass computer nerd (yes you read that description right) who reguarly helps main characther Christopher Chance out of tricky situations.

Overall Human Target is pretty much Fox's answer to a show like Burn Notice, a top quality and slick action show that delivers plenty of thrills week in week out without fail (though Human Target is actualy way more action packed than Burn Notice) and is sure to please anyone who likes the genre even in the slightest.
  • I am loving this show.

The plot is simple enough a guy named Christopher Chase tries to protect his various clients from being killed by getting as close to them as possible.

The show is quirky, witty and funny in places but also features some great action sequences as well. There are also some surprisingly good special effects.

The entire show is done in a very light hearted way and doesn't take itsef too seriously which just makes it even more enjoyable to watch. There are also some really great preformances. Mark Valley for one is perfectly cast in the lead role but for me some of the most stand out performances have been from the supporting cast inparticular Tricia Helfer and Emmanuelle Vaugier.

All in all an excellent new show and lets just hope that the network realises how good it is and we get many more seasons.
  • I love it!! It's funny, entertaining, some good fight scenes. Has a great cast.

I love this show. It has a great cast, it is well written. I really hope that it doesn't get cancelled before we find out more about the characters. The fight scenes are great, the action is awesome. The characters have histories that intersect, but we don't know how yet, each character is a mystery so far, I can not wait to find out more. The way the show is shot is very cool, it kind of bounces back and forth between present and past to explain things along the way. I hope more people start watching this show so that we (the fans) are not left with only a few episodes of a show that is great but was never really appreciated.
1 2 >