Human Target

FOX (ended 2011)

Gislef

Human Target Fan Reviews (47)

• I'm disappointed

5.5
    The premise of The Human Target is that he takes the place of whoever is in danger and draws out whoever is trying to harm him/her and neutralize him/her. But from what I've seen this version, he stays close to the person who's being threatened and waits for the one who wants to harm him/her to make his/her move and take care of them. If that's whathe does, then this show should retitled from Human Target to Human Shield cause that's what he is. I was looking forward to see how he makes himself to look the person who's in danger. It's too bad. But there's a lot of action and intrigue. Hope it can last a while.
  • Like having a new action film every week!

I didn't really know what I was getting into when I first started this show. By the end of the second episode, I was hooked! This show has surprisingly high production values almost to the point where every week you're watching a new adrenaline pumping action movie. The highly stylized opening credits are a great homage to James Bond spy films. The music accents the action and doesn't get in the way. The series regulars do a very good job. You really wouldn't know this is based on a comic book. Love the characters, love the story, love this show!
  • Seventies vintage storytelling. Zzzzzzz...

5.5
    Boy, oh boy. Talk about vintage schmaltz. This show would have been right at home on prime time between 1975 and 1980 or so. Schmaltzy, semi-snappy dialogue, formula plot development, everything about Human Target is about as uninspired and standardized as an action/adventure series can get. If you're the type of viewer that likes to make frequent snack runs to the fridge for munchies and beer with weak kidneys that also make you want to make frequent runs to the bathroom...hey don't sweat it because you're not missing much with this show. You can come in on this show at pretty much any point without missing much. I hate lazy writers. So this show has actually made it into it's second season? Amazing.
  • Season 1 rocked

I liked the first season; but I think it failed to entertain in the second season because of Indira Verma. I think the role of Indira verma should have been limited to what she had suggested at the start, just as a financier; the series would have remained popular
  • very nice show... I hope they keep this on for a few more seasons. Characters are all interesting and can't wait to find out each one's past. Each episode is addicting and the missions Chance does are incredible.

very nice show... I hope they keep this on for a few more seasons. Characters are all interesting and can't wait to find out each one's past. Each episode is addicting and the missions Chance does are incredible. The theme music is pretty good too lol, it will grow on you. I have been watching this show on Hulu and ever since episode one I keep checking for a new episode. This show is very similar to Burn Notice, in the sense that the main character takes on jobs to protect/save people using his past experience . You should check this show out, you won't regret it.
  • all episodes

it is not very original as an idea but the directing and the lack of cheese lines makes it perfect for this type of show & i like it very much.
    cast is good and the suspense about Chance past and employer will probably keep a lot of us in front of the screen.
    please do not mess it up, do not bring some woman to help him this will make the story boring. i really like that Chance hasn't got any regrets for shooting the attackers (in a lot of other shows the "good guy" is not willing to kill).
  • mixed feelings

I like this show, but it was always a just a fun hour to watch (Loved the sometimes witty dialogue). I'd never watch any episode more than once. You don't connect with the characters, just enough to go through the episode.

In the second season I think the female additions to the show messed up the dynamics of the show a bit, especially Ames (most of the times the writes don't seem to know what to do with her) and Ilsa is only slightly better ( but it's applied only to her blending in, otherwise she is bit annoying) Many episodes could be taken as examples of istances where their abscence wouldn't make a difference. The thing between Chance and Ilsa? so much lacking in the URST department... couldn't care less (and it's way too obvious, or better said, artificial).

Having said that, I've enjoyed this show (accepting for what it was), but it's not like I'd reccomend it as a show you can't miss.
  • This show is quite entertaining.

I find this show entertaining. It reminds me somewhat of Burn Notice and I find the current lack of in definition of the past of Chance to be quite intriguing. I agree with an earlier submitted review that suggested that the individual episodes do not quite seem to follow the premise of the show. However, I also find each of these episodes thrilling. It, like Burn Notice, is a refreshingly practical series that employs minimal or mostly "normal" technology. I am somewhat tempted to relate it to the classic MacGuyver series.

On the negative side, however, I find the soundtrack of the series to be generally "too much". There are background orchestral arrangements that sometimes break the spell that the episodes would have cast upon me and my mood by being so obvious and in my opinion unnecessary. It is possible that the track may be just a little too loud for my liking, but I believe that they overdo the orchestration a bit in an effort to emphasize the drama and/or action in particular scenes. Still a great show! I hope for many seasons to come.
  • Season 3

why no S3?
  • Lethal Weapon, McGyver & Superman. Blue eyed, REAL ex-military lead. Americana. Has atonement issues. Adventurous, heroic, witty, fluent in many languages, brilliant, can navigate a plane after reading a manual and may have a guilt complex.

Mark Valley has been overdue for a mainstream television show. Humor, looks, acting ability. Great show and if the network suits will just let it stay in one place and not get pre-empted too much it'll find an audience. I'd suggest the NCIS crowd mixed with the former 24 fans who couldn't commit another year to the 24 rollercoaster. GREAT supporting cast and what a Rottweiler!! This character has all the heroic qualities needed, plus he appears to be a former bad boy who is finding some kind of atonement and may be addicted to Russian roulette. He's funny, he's sharp as a tack and with just the right comic book touch he can be off the cuff witty in a moment and then in a second betray a haunted and poignant glance making it irresistible for the audience to wonder what the heck is this guy's story. ACTION. HUMOR. FUN. HEROISM. DRAMA. MYSTERY. What's not to like?
  • Human Target Fans

Comedy, action & good looking men :)
  • I surely do miss this show!

Mark Valley should have been the one to play Jack Reacher.

I always thought that since the first episode of Human Target.

Loved the books.

Did not like the movie.

Weak with 'famous' leading man.

Dah!

la la linda in Iowa
  • I enjoy the interaction of the charectors and the diversity of their personalities and abilities.

I don't think Human Target gets enough attention in the media. It has all the key elements of a successful series: a fun and interesting weekly story; captivating leading men, a beautiful and mysterious leading lady, sexual attraction and weekly stories that end so if you miss one you aren't lost the next time you tune in. It's a little "fluffy" but I enjoy it. It's not predictable and always entertaining. If you're looking for hardcore reality this is not the show for you but if you like to be entertained and you enjoy a good looking leading man, Chase, who can be hard when it's necessary and soft when it's needed you'll enjoy Human Target.
  • Top show, great entertainment, hope this one stays around a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

Top show, great entertainment, hope this one stays around

a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a
  • Wake Up to the 21 Century!!!

You would think that in a world that has advanced so much in technology television networks would use more modern means to determine if viewers like a show. Instead of using an outdated system that was created in 1950. Networks could ask viewers to like the shows on Facebook would be better than what they are doing now. Is this ever going to end? Sorry, cast of Human Target. You were all great and I hate that you are gone as well as some other current shows that the networks have been getting wrong. I guess it really doesn't matter what the average fan thinks. I hate that this is the relative norm in America...
  • Very entertaining show even though both iterations of it's two year run. The show embraced the comic book motif and gave us larger than life action and

Very entertaining show even though both iterations of it's two year run. The show embraced the comic book motif and gave us larger than life action and heroes. The characters were likeable and fun to watch each week. An ill fated season two reboot ended the show but even then the characters and stories made the show fun to watch. Do yourself a favor and watch at least the first season of what was and should've been a long running good show. I also recommend the second season to see how things went and perhaps as some did enjoy the new direction of the show.
  • There are pretenders among us. Geniuses with the ability to be become anyone they want to be.

In 1963 a corporation known as the Centre isolated a young pretender named Jarod and exploited his genius for their research. Then one day their pretender ran away...

I am really starting to like this show. At first I thought it was a bit too James Bondy, but now I see that this is 'The Pretender" for the 21st Century. He use to be a part of some program or Centre, he rebelled and now they want him back. It's been a slow fuse but it is all coming together with it's tid bits of information and clues. Where will this lead us? Who knows, but the Jackie Earle Haley character is hard to work out, Is he good, is he bad?
  • cool tv show

why there is no season 3
  • So much better.......

This show is so much better than a lot of the stuff on today.
  • Great Show. Action packed and good story, especially for a low budget & low episode per season, show.

--------------------------------
    Why the Hell is Fox canceling this show? Why are people still using the Nielsen system?

I have never met anyone with a Nielsen box. And the people I know who have met someone in the program say the people with the box are over 60 with no kids at home. How is that supposed to help with show ratings exactly?

Have a checklist on TV.com or something. A place you have to go outside of watching your TV. An extra step where you have to click on a show to say you've watched it within a week to let advertisers know you've seen the Ad. Or if you haven't seen it clicking on Watch would actually register a notable "This Many People Have Watched This Episode".

Come On TV.com wouldn't you like to make more money by being the new Nielsen system?
  • This show is excellent viewing, the cast works well together a perfect combination.

Mark Valley has the perfect alpha male charisma to carry a show like this and that Chi McBride and Jackie Earle Haley are great supporting actors. Janet Montgomery provides a much-needed bit of energetic spark to a show. Janet Montgomery has some rough edges. The scene at the office with Haley shows just how much. The ease at which she gets in and out of tough spots, though, is probably going to prove useful. Indira Varma comes off as the quintessential Brit who knows exactly what she wants. Indira Varma is a good addition. She exudes sheer confidence without taking away from Mark Valley, long established in the lead role. It's going to be interesting to see just how money changes people, and perhaps a new sense of purpose comes about.
  • and exciment

one of the best action tv showes that I have seen and enjoyed in a long time tv needs more showes like this the family can watch this.Hope that they keep this one on I reall keeps you intrest in the show I put it in the class as the old tv series Wild wild west and I loved that one it stayes on a good while on tv human target is so full of action it keeps you hanging on wating to see what going to happen next. my husban and I watch every week please keep this show on whay is american idel in its time slot?
  • Its like a top action movie, every single week.

Although its only early in the shows lifespan (one which I currently hope will last quite a while yet) I think its safe to say that Human Target is a top show.

While it uses many genre cliches it often turns them on their head and presents them in unique ways, every episode is exciting and does its own thing featuring inventive set peices which, along with the witty scripting and fantastic production values, goes along way to ensure you are always entertained.

The cast is excellent, especially Jackie Earl Healy who, if he keeps it up, could easily become one of the coolest characthers on TV with his somewhat shady and calculatingly badass computer nerd (yes you read that description right) who reguarly helps main characther Christopher Chance out of tricky situations.

Overall Human Target is pretty much Fox's answer to a show like Burn Notice, a top quality and slick action show that delivers plenty of thrills week in week out without fail (though Human Target is actualy way more action packed than Burn Notice) and is sure to please anyone who likes the genre even in the slightest.
  • the dudes at fox suck

human target was the awsomest show ever and it's all fox's fault that it lost viewers and got cancelled, if they hadn't moved it around so much we would still be able to watch the best show ever.

this show is simply brilliant because

1. you don't to spend most of the episodes watching someone fkn cry

2. Guerrero is the awesomest person ever (counting both fictional and real people)

3. it's the only episode where i don't know from the beginning what's going to happen

4. they were still awesome even whit the annoying aims and not werry grate ilsa (usually when there are annoying charterers the show becomes annoying but this one didn't)

I'll admit that the episodes could have been better without aims and ilsa but they are still not the reason the episodes were cancelled
  • Too bad!!

I like this show very much!I cant wait for the next episode every day!Please dont stop it....
  • Loving the show

I love the show very much especially the action, the story lines, the results and anything with Lennie James (Baptiste) and Mark Kelly going through their downs with great fight scenes in. Its obvious its a friendship that truly didn't end right and it seems all he wants is closure on. But I think that he would definitely be a great but shaky asset to the team. And one that seems would bring up the ratings a little more on the show. but any chemistry would either keep the show at bay or bring it up. Again, great cast and great show! Keep 'em coming!!

Love it!!

Thanks
  • Excellent show!!! A made for TV series of "The Bodyguard" with action at least and NO singing - thank heaven!!!

In short, a hired assassin with a change of heart. Now undertakes the task of protection instead of deletion! Christopher Chance and his colleagues from his previous life have a change of heart and make a few pounds at the same time. Hired to protect (or rather to become the target instead of the intended target) instead of hired to delete. Great story line with action a bit of heart and good feelings to rival "the Pollyanna Syndrome". All in all a feel good show with worthy adversaries, good plot (although some might be corny but then again as Kate Winslet said in The Holidays "I need a bit of corny in my life."!!!
  • Finally. A tough guy show that doesn't take itself too seriously.

And as long as FOX and the writers continue to guide it along those lines, I believe the stars have the chops and presentation to pull it off.

There are fascinating characters, all of whom have a few more tidbits of probably very questionable pasts, revealed each week. There is undeniable action, and all of it is rolled up in a very self-deprecating humour. The show does not take itself seriously, and neither should the viewer.

I think its intended to be about what good television was originally supposed to be about: entertainment, escapism, suspension of disbelief.

I don't have to come away from an hour of TV believing what I saw. I have to come away from it wanting to see it all again next week; reality be damned.

I hope this is the "little show that could", because so far, I want to come back...
  • Networks Looking For Cheap Programming

Networks are turning to reality shows. I like action and Human Target brought tons of action. What a great show. If it was a crappy show, it would still be on television. Oh well.
  • This is one of the best new shows in the last few years. just when TV networks get a descent show, they discontinue it!!! now I've got to go back to watchingrepeats of my favorite showsagain untilthe networkscome up with another new show i like

Human Target is one of the top shows I've seen since JAG & NCIS Los Angeles. Just when I thought I had found another show to watch, the network takes it out! Guess I've got to go back to watching JAG, Walker Texas Ranger, NCIS Los Angeles repeats until the networks come out with another descent show.....

< 1 2