Human Target

FOX (ended 2011)

Gislef

Human Target Fan Reviews (47)

• One Of The Best Action TV Series

Action-Packed Masterpiece! This show was absolutely awesome, the action scenes in just a single episode already surpass those of full-length movies! The cast is excellent: Winston is hilarious with his trademark catchphrase "Wise-ass", Guerrero is that intimidating yet funny rebel dude with a body always in his trunk, Chance is the tough, calm, always knows what to do mercenary and Ames is a hot thief! What more can you ask for? Cannot believe they would cancel such a remarkable show... Hopefully one day they might decide to bring it back..
  • Excellent program....that's why it's gone

What a shame to loose one of the best shows on tv. Whose choice was it to cancel?

Bad move. Trying to rate excellent....
  • Human Target

Was my favorite show. Quit cancelling the Good Ones!!
  • I am very ticked off that there not bringing back human target for a third season. This was a great show and Chance was the only hero fox had left since taking away Jack Baur. It amazes me how they can take this show out, But still find slots for garbage

They seem to be able to keep crap like Glee,American idol[idiots].and that certain cure for insomnia Hells kitchen. There are very few heros left on tv that arn't pollically correct,I wish there was someway to change thier minds but if you ain't rich you don't have a vote

• Human Target is a great new show! Exciting, funny, good story line, and chemistry between the actors. Sure hope FOX keeps this one around for a few years.

My husband and I have been watching Human Target every week, and we really enjoy it and look forward to it. We have told others about it too, and they're now watching. The show is just chock full of excitement, fight scenes, romance, humor, chemistry -- great writing. Take a "chance" on Chance, he is one smooth, smart, cute, funny, fantastic fighting dude!!! Lets hope FOX doesn't just pull this one as so many shows do get pulled these days, without a 'chance'. They just need a bit of time for people to latch on to them. I'm tired of getting to like a show only for it to be pulled. Love these characters!!
  • i love this show. too bad it is cancelled!

plots are great. all actors are great. why cancelled?
  • Hey I've been watching "Human Target" since the show first aired, This is absolutely worth watching. The fight scenes are as good as the Bourne Identity.

The characters mesh well, it has great dialogue and doesn't lead the audience away with boring throw away episodes. Every episode has easy to follow sequences that most audiences can understand so that if one episode was missed the show keeps going, I would advise against missing one though because so far every episode has had it's on signature difference that makes them totally unique and adventurous. I hope fox does it's part to keep this show on, fan's miss shows like "Sarah Conner, Tru Calling, Dollhouse and etc.". Comic fan's and Bourne Trilogy fans this show is definitely for you. Also thank you Creators for such a great cast it is much appreciated the chemistry on the show. Thumbs Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • A fun romp of a show with entertaining characters, MacGyver-esque escapes, and lots of edge-of-your seat action scenes.

Each episode, the bad-guys-turned-good are hired to save someone. Of course, nothing goes right, they have all sorts of close calls, the sensible Winston has to rope in his partners, while Guerrero drives him batty, and then there's the happy final scene in the offices when all ends well. The show only has three regulars in each episode, but they are building up a few others who "drop in" for the occasional episode. It's not to be taken seriously, just good a good Diehard-like action movie each week, with a few more fights and cleaner language of course!

Hope Fox keeps this one...
  • For the Action alone this is a 10!

This show is brilliant, ratings are doing well, which is great since I hope this continues for a while. This is as close as you can get to Jason Bourne, James Bond on the small screen, the choreography in some fight scenes is up there with big budget movies.

Great characters, and a different scenario each week, a plane, a train, a government building, a hotel, different countries, the jungle etc keeps the show fresh. But there's a bigger storyline about chance's boss.

Since 24 is ending if you're mourning the loss of Jack Bauer turn to Christopher Chance a.k.a The Human Target.
  • goodt.v. going away

This was a show thatyou could watch with your wife and children there are not many of those left. The cast was brilliant and the story line's were entertaning now what I can not understand they do not bring back a good show but all those crappy reality show's are still on. I hope they think about bringing this back I for one would go right back to watching it one can only hope

• Worth watching for sure. Funny and great entertainment.

A refreshing unpretentious action show. Very good stunts, good story lines, excellent shooting locations (BC I think)

Laying out the story for future story shows with Chance is a very good idea I think.

I love all 3 actors, one was on Boston Legal, one was on Boston Public, the 3rd (Guerrero) must be from Boston something too ?

Guest stars have been good as well, on all episodes at this point. I love the latino girl on this week's episode - good chemistry with Chance.

Too bad realities shows have taken over, with so many crappy shows on - this is a breath of fresh air.

Yipee kayee.
  • Great show. Quick and witty. Pure fun w/ no sloooowww moments.

A lot of fast, great action sequences. They look very well done. the action is a stand-out but w/ great humor between the characters. How did they get 3 great personalities in one show. Usually one or two stand out and the rest are window dressing. The writters know how to give a bit of info about the character without belaboring it or giving it all in the first episode. The development of each character should be fun to watch. This show uses all the characters and they work well together. I hope the writters can keep up with the possiblilties the characters/actors are capable of delivering. It's an instant must see for me.
  • I love it!! It's funny, entertaining, some good fight scenes. Has a great cast.

I love this show. It has a great cast, it is well written. I really hope that it doesn't get cancelled before we find out more about the characters. The fight scenes are great, the action is awesome. The characters have histories that intersect, but we don't know how yet, each character is a mystery so far, I can not wait to find out more. The way the show is shot is very cool, it kind of bounces back and forth between present and past to explain things along the way. I hope more people start watching this show so that we (the fans) are not left with only a few episodes of a show that is great but was never really appreciated.
  • I am loving this show.

The plot is simple enough a guy named Christopher Chase tries to protect his various clients from being killed by getting as close to them as possible.

The show is quirky, witty and funny in places but also features some great action sequences as well. There are also some surprisingly good special effects.

The entire show is done in a very light hearted way and doesn't take itsef too seriously which just makes it even more enjoyable to watch. There are also some really great preformances. Mark Valley for one is perfectly cast in the lead role but for me some of the most stand out performances have been from the supporting cast inparticular Tricia Helfer and Emmanuelle Vaugier.

All in all an excellent new show and lets just hope that the network realises how good it is and we get many more seasons.
  • It had such a promising beginning so why is the Human Target missing the mark?

Watching the first season of Human Target was mostly a pleasure. The action was intense and well choreographed, the musical score kept up the tension even when the writing failed to do so and the main characters shared good chemistry.

In the first 6 episodes of the second season these assets have been smothered by a blanket of blandness that I suspect were encourage by the network. The fight scenes which infused each episode with the air for an action flick have been replaced with quick edits and cheesy moves. The wonderfully spy movie reminiscent musical score has been diminished by someone's idea of contemporary. Finally, two new characters have been added to the cast for no good reason. I am always up for watching hot chicks on TV but Ames and Pucci would have been better as guest stars instead of regular cast. Each time they are on the screen it feels so forced as if the writer have no idea to do with them.

Human Target had the potential to be the next great action series. Unfortunately the steps they have taken to appeal to wider audience have drained it of all life leaving only a mediocre husk of its former self.
  • This is one of the best new shows in the last few years. just when TV networks get a descent show, they discontinue it!!! now I've got to go back to watchingrepeats of my favorite showsagain untilthe networkscome up with another new show i like

Human Target is one of the top shows I've seen since JAG & NCIS Los Angeles. Just when I thought I had found another show to watch, the network takes it out! Guess I've got to go back to watching JAG, Walker Texas Ranger, NCIS Los Angeles repeats until the networks come out with another descent show.....

• This is truly a great action show for T.V. the characters are great the story lines are awesome.

I give this show a 10 because it is well written and has great actors for each role. Chance is great character funny and still tormented. Winston is awesome all his lines are well done always hits his marks. Guerro is the best sidekick in decades love the way he is always kyping food and his great one liners. ( whys she still got her clothes on.) Illsa Pucci plays a great bungling boss and still is strong enough to tolerate the employees. Ames what can I say she rocks and adds a great sidekick for Guerro. Put them all together and you got one awesome series.
  • This show is phenomenal.

I have watched every episode religously and am greatly pleased to know that Fox has given it a another shot... Can't wait for season 2. Chance's bravery and heroics, Guerrero's attitude and sarcasm and of course Winston's stoicism and inner strength to keep the other 2 in check. simply enjoyable TV, awesome escsapism. Way to go cast, crew and writers! keep up the great work and i'll keep on tuning in, guaranteed! To finally see 'WHO' the old man was at the end of season 1 was a shocker to say the least. Crazy action sequences mixed with just enough seriousness and humor make this show a keeper!
  • Networks Looking For Cheap Programming

Networks are turning to reality shows. I like action and Human Target brought tons of action. What a great show. If it was a crappy show, it would still be on television. Oh well.
  • Finally. A tough guy show that doesn't take itself too seriously.

And as long as FOX and the writers continue to guide it along those lines, I believe the stars have the chops and presentation to pull it off.

There are fascinating characters, all of whom have a few more tidbits of probably very questionable pasts, revealed each week. There is undeniable action, and all of it is rolled up in a very self-deprecating humour. The show does not take itself seriously, and neither should the viewer.

I think its intended to be about what good television was originally supposed to be about: entertainment, escapism, suspension of disbelief.

I don't have to come away from an hour of TV believing what I saw. I have to come away from it wanting to see it all again next week; reality be damned.

I hope this is the "little show that could", because so far, I want to come back...
  • the dudes at fox suck

human target was the awsomest show ever and it's all fox's fault that it lost viewers and got cancelled, if they hadn't moved it around so much we would still be able to watch the best show ever.

this show is simply brilliant because

1. you don't to spend most of the episodes watching someone fkn cry

2. Guerrero is the awesomest person ever (counting both fictional and real people)

3. it's the only episode where i don't know from the beginning what's going to happen

4. they were still awesome even whit the annoying aims and not werry grate ilsa (usually when there are annoying charterers the show becomes annoying but this one didn't)

I'll admit that the episodes could have been better without aims and ilsa but they are still not the reason the episodes were cancelled
  • Too bad!!

I like this show very much!I cant wait for the next episode every day!Please dont stop it....
  • Loving the show

I love the show very much especially the action, the story lines, the results and anything with Lennie James (Baptiste) and Mark Kelly going through their downs with great fight scenes in. Its obvious its a friendship that truly didn't end right and it seems all he wants is closure on. But I think that he would definitely be a great but shaky asset to the team. And one that seems would bring up the ratings a little more on the show. but any chemistry would either keep the show at bay or bring it up. Again, great cast and great show! Keep 'em coming!!

Love it!!

Thanks
  • Excellent show!!! A made for TV series of "The Bodyguard" with action at least and NO singing - thank heaven!!!

In short, a hired assassin with a change of heart. Now undertakes the task of protection instead of deletion! Christopher Chance and his colleagues from his previous life have a change of heart and make a few pounds at the same time. Hired to protect (or rather to become the target instead of the intended target) instead of hired to delete. Great story line with action a bit of heart and good feelings to rival "the Pollyanna Syndrome". All in all a feel good show with worthy adversaries, good plot (although some might be corny but then again as Kate Winslet said in The Holidays "I need a bit of corny in my life."!!!
  • Its like a top action movie, every single week.

Although its only early in the shows lifespan (one which I currently hope will last quite a while yet) I think its safe to say that Human Target is a top show.

While it uses many genre cliches it often turns them on their head and presents them in unique ways, every episode is exciting and does its own thing featuring inventive set peices which, along with the witty scripting and fantastic production values, goes along way to ensure you are always entertained.

The cast is excellent, especially Jackie Earl Healy who, if he keeps it up, could easily become one of the coolest characthers on TV with his somewhat shady and calculatingly badass computer nerd (yes you read that description right) who reguarly helps main characther Christopher Chance out of tricky situations.

Overall Human Target is pretty much Fox's answer to a show like Burn Notice, a top quality and slick action show that delivers plenty of thrills week in week out without fail (though Human Target is actualy way more action packed than Burn Notice) and is sure to please anyone who likes the genre even in the slightest.
  • cool tv show

why there is no season 3
  • So much better.......

This show is so much better than a lot of the stuff on today.
  • Great Show. Action packed and good story, especially for a low budget & low episode per season, show.

--------------------------------
    Why the Hell is Fox canceling this show? Why are people still using the Nielsen system?

I have never met anyone with a Nielsen box. And the people I know who have met someone in the program say the people with the box are over 60 with no kids at home. How is that supposed to help with show ratings exactly?

Have a checklist on TV.com or something. A place you have to go outside of watching your TV. An extra step where you have to click on a show to say you've watched it within a week to let advertisers know you've seen the Ad. Or if you haven't seen it clicking on Watch would actually register a notable "This Many People Have Watched This Episode".

Come On TV.com wouldn't you like to make more money by being the new Nielsen system?
  • This show is excellent viewing, the cast works well together a perfect combination.

Mark Valley has the perfect alpha male charisma to carry a show like this and that Chi McBride and Jackie Earle Haley are great supporting actors. Janet Montgomery provides a much-needed bit of energetic spark to a show. Janet Montgomery has some rough edges. The scene at the office with Haley shows just how much. The ease at which she gets in and out of tough spots, though, is probably going to prove useful. Indira Varma comes off as the quintessential Brit who knows exactly what she wants. Indira Varma is a good addition. She exudes sheer confidence without taking away from Mark Valley, long established in the lead role. It's going to be interesting to see just how money changes people, and perhaps a new sense of purpose comes about.
  • and exciment

one of the best action tv showes that I have seen and enjoyed in a long time tv needs more showes like this the family can watch this.Hope that they keep this one on I reall keeps you intrest in the show I put it in the class as the old tv series Wild wild west and I loved that one it stayes on a good while on tv human target is so full of action it keeps you hanging on wating to see what going to happen next. my husban and I watch every week please keep this show on whay is american idel in its time slot?
< 1 2