Human Target

Run

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Feb 10, 2010 on FOX

7.2
  • I am so glad to see the return of imaginative FUN on TV! (Spoilers)

This episode was on a par with the Pilot, which is good. Very good. It has a great story line which in and of itself is plausible, but the execution of the "flush" is perfectly comic book, tongue-in-cheek and no one right now does this as well as Human Target! Mark Valley is perfectly cast in this role. This is more evident to me with each passing episode as he falls into this character quite naturally. He knows this is pure, imaginative fun, and he doesn't try to make it anything else. As such, the EQ (entertainment quotient) is extremely high. Combine his character with equally and consistently well executed characters by Chi McBride and Jackie Earle Haley, and this romp is bang on!

Kristen Lehman fit into this particular romp as beautifully and seamlessly as Trisha Helfer did in the Pilot. This time she was an ADA with a past she'd rather not acknowledge, but which was on her case (pun intended) in spite of her...well, actually, because of her! And Chase came to the hilarious rescue. (Did anyone else notice how much Lehman looks like Valley's real-life wife, Anna Torv??)

Dylan Neal was a treat to see (glad this baby is filmed in Canada...we get to see all our "hometown" favourites show up each episode!) and he does evil so well, though I admit I like him better as the good guy, a la "Mike Celluci" of Blood Ties...His character meets a rather ignominious end, and at the hands of "Vicki Nelson's" telescopic asp! Irony or what! :o}

Right from the opening this was fun, was impossible, and as such, fully engaged my imagination and my devotion. Please let this be the beginning of the firmly rooted return of imaginative TV programming? Those of us with imaginations that like to get out and run wild once in a while, have waited long enough...