Human Target

The Other Side of the Mall

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Dec 22, 2010 on FOX

7.4
  • Now that's what I'm talking about!! WELCOME BACK HUMAN TARGET!!!

Can we please forget that this is S2 E06 and call it S2 E01? Finally an episode of Human Target that can can be called Human Target rather than Moonlighting 2010. I don't mind Ilsa being on the show, but make her more like she was in this one - as a small support character, kinda like Phillip Broyles of Fringe. He gives us the parameters of the mission and occasionally has to step in and do a little discipline. This show needs to have that role but it doesn't need a romance brewing between Ilsa and Chance. This was Winston's part in Season 1. However, with the stories getting bigger, Winston will be in the field more. I really liked this show being the boys' club. And yes, I consider Ames as one of the guys. In this episode, we finally got to see Guerrero actually kick a little tale. I miss Guerrero. MORE Guerrero!! Strangely though, I'm not sure that I heard him say "Dude" even once. I think, I'm going to start guessing the "dude" count before the episodes from now on. And, we got to see the rebellious Ames do some cool stuff this episode too. Ohhh.. and Winsta was awesome! That's Winston as Santa!! I've always liked the characters that John Michael Higgins plays - Richard Applebaum. Well chosen for this part too. I liked Joel's Tshirt, "ESC." I kind of get the impression that we haven't seen the last of this family. And, they would be welcomed on my TV again.
  • Love the show. This episode disappointing.

I just love this show: its dynamics, its fast action, its excellent stunts, and brilliantly shot fight scenes. None of them could be seen this time. OK, OK, there were a few fight scenes in this episode, but they did not feel so strong as usual. I do not know if it was because of Christmas, and the producers wanted a peaceful episode with a Christmas tree. It did not work for me at all. Human Target without all the action is just like any other detective show.
    Another thing I found disturbing this time were all those small lines when the main characters were supposed to sound funny. Guerrero just stopped being dangerous, and Chance stopped being solid and manly. In my opinion the fun of this show should lie in the action, not the lines the characters say.
  • I'm just beginning to watch Human Target on a regular basis - the episodes I saw last year were unimpressive, but I was drawn to the "cliffhanger" season finale.

Having said that - I like the addition of the Ilsa character this season - she adds a touch of class to the show. And although she was mostly missing from this episode, I still rather enjoyed it. One reason is that I like the holiday themes that series usually run at this time of the year. So the fact that some of the action takes place at an extravagantly decorated mall was definitely a plus. I liked the fact that Chance and Guerrero were absolutely mortified at having to visit suburbia - and that Winston, in contrast, felt quite at home, even when asked to protect the Mrs. by joining her book club/ discussion group. Some of the remaining plotline was improbable (like the son being asked to meet and turn over his laptop to a known assasin) but all in good fun, I guess. I tend to watch two or three episodes at a time, and this can add to the enjoyment of this particular show. If I'm lucky, the episodes will only continue to get better.