Human Target

Victoria

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Apr 07, 2010 on FOX

• In the wrong hands, this story line might have gone wrong.

Thankfully, Human Target is in more than competent creative hands. In order to successfully ask an audience to suspend disbelief and invest in a Royal Family that is meant to represent THE Royal Family, and then have this course of events happen to them in what is supposed to be "today", you have got to be really good.

This was really good in the same vein as picking up a book on vacation or on the subway on the way to work, and getting lost in the story before you have to come back to reality. They planted the hook early, told the "Wallace and Simpson"-type story with energy and fantasy and action and humour, and had me thoroughly rooting for the underdogs against The Man...or The Majesty, as the case may be...

Less humour than usual though still glimpses of it, more angst and sadness for the loss of friends, and then that ever-so-fantasy-show glimpse of a potentially fairy tale ending.

My imagined ending is firmly with "Tony and Victoria", though in my version, I'm not certain their faces will ever see a commemorative cup and saucer set or the ubiquitous tea towels!