Human Target

Victoria

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Apr 07, 2010 on FOX

• Cor blimey, its Princess Diana - The sequal!

I like this show, it's about as deep as Britney Spears lyrics, but it's mindless entertainment and there's nothing wrong with that.

That being said, this episode was painful to watch and I was unable to finish it. Maybe it's because I'm English and have a basic understanding of what a Royal Family is and how it operates, but I found the plot line to be so far fetched and utterly ridiculous that I just could not engage in it in any way.

We have a young woman playing the Princess of Wales (Princess Diana's title when she lived) who is having an affair with an American paramedic and subsequently wants to divorce the heir to the British thrown and move in with Joe Bloggs. A plot to assinate her is discovered by her butler (the attempt will be made whilst she is in a moving car no-less) and he decides an American mercenary would be the man to take care of her. Seriously somebody was paid to put that together. I think they missed the bit where the Queen mother comes back from the dead to feast on the brains of Prince Charles, but that might be next week.

I'm all for artistic license, but this was so far detatched from reality that it is impossible to take seriously. Maybe American viewers who have a skewed perception of what a Monarchy is may be forgiving in this Princess Diana vs. Chuck Norris tribute, but this episode just felt lazy, cheap and deeply innapropriate.

P.S. The Dick Van Dyke accent by the lead assasin was pricless though. " Allo guvnor... shine your shoes me ol' matey"