Human Weapon Forums

The History Channel (ended 0000)

What Fighting Style are you hoping that do in a later show?

RottNKorpse

[1]Aug 12, 2007
    • level: 8

As the subject asks, What Fighting Style are you hoping that do in a later show? Let's say they actually read these posts...what style or form of martial arts would you like to see them do at a later show?

I want to see a lot like Kung Fu, Pankration, Krav Maga, Sambo, Bokator and many more but the one I want to see the most would be Capoeira, the Brazilian form of Martial Arts known for it's incredible athletic moves which resemble that of a break dancer.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Alter_Legiones

[2]Aug 15, 2007
    • level: 4

Ya. Capoeira would be sweet! I can only imagine how funny it would be to see Bill perform some of those moves!

Otherstyles i'd like to see are Yaw-Yan, Kalarippayattu, TaiChi and maybe Abir

Edited on 08/19/2007 1:01pm

speedy-Y-jive-O

[3]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 9
    Bill and capoeira, HA!

SoylentYellow

[4]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 21

THUNDERDOME !!

2 Men enter 1 Man leaves...

Chainsaws, pole blades and hammers are a must.

MajehKing

[5]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 16
    I just can't see them doing Capoeira or Kung Fu. The guys don't seem that fluid.

I'd like to see their take on Sumo wrestling and Tae Kwon Do.

RottNKorpse

[6]Aug 20, 2007

Alter_Legiones wrote:
    Ya. Capoeira would be sweet! I can only imagine how funny it would be to see Bill perform some of those moves!

Yea, it would be hilarious to see Bill try it and that is one of the reasons I want to see them do it for an episode but the main reason is because it is my favorite fighting style. I wish I could find someone to teach me it in the US but not only is there none in my state, I dont think there is a single school in the whole country.

MajehKing wrote:
    I just can't see them doing Capoeira or Kung Fu. The guys don't seem that fluid.

Yea but ratings is what keeps shows going and you know a lot of people would watch both of those episodes.

speedy-Y-jive-O

[7]Aug 21, 2007
    After re watching the Eskrima episode i'd like to see them try their hand at Kendo. It'd put Bill and Jason on a level pegging. That or Kraf Maga, for the brutality.

MajehKing

[8]Aug 22, 2007
    • level: 16
    Where's Kraf Maga from? I never heard of it.

RottNKorpse

[9]Aug 23, 2007
    Krav Maga is an extremely violent Martial Art from Israel. It actually isnt a style for sport...mainly it is for self-defense. It was created by Imi Lichtenfeld in the 1940s.

danharr

[10]Aug 23, 2007
    • level: 45
    Kung fu and Coperia but neither one of those guys could do the latter so I don't know where the show is going.

RottNKorpse

[11]Aug 24, 2007
    Krav Maga has been announced to be an episode...it will be the topic of the show next week...first they are doing Pankration and then Krav Maga.

http://www.tv.com/human-weapon/krav-maga-of-the-israeli-commandos/episode/1131348/summary.html?tag=ep_list;title;6

danharr

[12]Aug 25, 2007
    Well human weapon shouldn't just be limited to the body. With in reason of course no guns and I doubt the could pull off a safe knife fight but things like Kendo or Samurai fighting with bamboo swords those would be great.

Alter_Legiones

[13]Aug 25, 2007
    • level: 4
    danharr wrote:
    Well human weapon shouldn't just be limited to the body. With in reason of course no guns and I doubt the could pull off a safe knife fight but things like Kendo or Samurai fighting with bamboo swords those would be great.
    Actually, that sounds like a good idea too. They've already done limited weapons styles with Eskrima and (more than likely) Krav Maga. Sword styles like Kendo or Ni-Ten-Ichi-Ryu would be interesting, as well as maybe Fencing or Gatka. Or even styles using other weapons such as a Chinese staff, Kusarigama (yeah right, but would be fun to watch) or maybe even Shuriken throwing. I'm not saying they should dedicate a whole season or anything to weapons, but maybe once every 5 episodes or so for something different.

speedy-Y-jive-O

[14]Aug 27, 2007
    Cool we're getting Kraf Maga. Now how about the obscure British martial art of Ba rt it su (all one word but it gets censored if you type on here like that!?!) No kidding Check it out on Wikipedia. Sherlock Holmes used it.
    Edited on 08/27/2007 8:43am

epp1e

[16]Aug 31, 2007
    • level: 2
    Definitely want to see Capoeira, in addition to Shaolin-style Kung Fu and Wing Chun. The style I want to see most would be Drunken Boxing, but I don't know if they'd be able to find a master of the art so easily.

danharr

[17]Sep 2, 2007

speedy-Y-jive-O wrote:
    Cool we're getting Kraf Maga. Now how about the obscure British martial art of Ba rt it su (all one word but it gets censored if you type on here like that!?!) No kidding Check it out on Wikipedia. Sherlock Holmes used it.

Naw it's too close to Savate so no point.

OmegaDark

[18]Sep 11, 2007
    • level: 5
    Being a Taekwondo student, I too would also like to see their take on Taekwondo.

I'm also learning Chinese Kenpo and would love to an episode on that later on.

I didn't care too much for the Krav Maga & its weapons training.

Next, I believe they are covering the US Marine's Fighting Style. Its a combination of various techniques...much like MMA, so Jason should be right at home.

vinylking

[19]Sep 11, 2007
    They seem too eastern style biased. Granted they did Pankration (not a lot of rules which makes it awesome) and Savate but most episodes I see seem to be either eastern martial arts or styles derived from them. How about some good old fashioned boxing? Let's do Greco-Roman wrestling. Kaspin seems interesting. Irish Bata, Egyptian Stick Fencing and Kapu Kuialua all seem really cool. Of course most of these won't be tried but a guy can hope can't he?

OmegaDark

[20]Sep 27, 2007
    I just noticed that Kick Boxing ,Taekwondo, Sumo Wrestling are all mentioned in the intro. Is this a hint?
    Also, their website has a flash game. Kung-Fu is one of the opponents, so I'm guessing they'll be doing that soon enough.