Human Weapon

The History Channel

Human Weapon Fan Reviews (10)

• Nice try

Jason Chambers sucks. Talks too much, thinks hes too cool for school, gets his arse kicked all the time. Humility is a HUGE part of martial arts. Learn from your cohost.
  • Fighting in Real Life

This made me see that fighting isn't all about throwing fists at each other and wait until one falls, or the bigger person will always win over the weaker person. This show shows different styles of fighting around the world with Jason Chamber and Bill Duff. This TV can explain to you and influence you to choosing a type of martial arts that works for you and how some techniques work. So if your a fan of martial arts, it's a great show for you.
  • Great Martial Arts...

I love this show. It really takes you to the roots of the Martial Arts and showa you how things began. It also shows you something about the culture and history that surrounds some Martial Arts.
    Each episode has a nice time line to watch. You start with the history, then the outlining of the challenge, then the training with several great people of the Martial Arts and then finally the challenge.
    The presentation is really nice, when they start telling you stuff you can almost taste their enthousiasme about it.
    I only wish that I would be able to make such trips and learn the Martial Arts from the best in the world.
  • Good show if your looking for some spice in your documentaries this show was it.

Good show if your looking for some spice in your documentaries this show was it. The premise of two athletic but pretty much regular guys tackling the worlds fighting styles was very captivating. Each week you wondered if Jason or Bill would be made a complete fool of or prevail. The show also revealed some things about other countries. It was very eye opening to see a champion get pummeled by one of the guys on their home turf. I don't know why the show was canceled perhaps the host moved on but it was certainly a draw for those of us who may have grown board with the history channel.
  • Fight Quest is better.

This show is very similar to the Discovery Channel show, Fight Quest. Human Weapon follows two people, Bill Duff and Jason Chambers, as they travel the world and learn different fighting styles from that area. Human Weapon goes into the physics of each move and tells you how much damage it will do and how fast the blow is going and so on but it doesn't actually show you the type of training you have to do like Fight Quest does. Also in Human Weapon they just focus on a few moves that can be very powerful in a fight. It's an overall good show just not as good as Fight Quest.
  • Travel the world learning different martial arts.

Hosts Bill and Jason travel around the world to learn a martial art popular in that region and train under a master and eventually fight one of the better students under the masters teachings. As someone who practices martial arts, this show is awesome. I love the way that they break down each move and technique to show all the power and skill it really does take to execute such a move. The main fighters, Bill and Jason, also are interesting and it is fun to watch them in fights against someone who is more talented then them. Overall, this is one of my favorite shows and hope they continue to make new episodes.
  • Wanna be a Human Weapon!?!

So?
    You Wanna be a Human Weapon?
    This series helps you to your goal one step closer. If you dont know how to begin, or which martial art is gonna fit for you, than this is your show.
    Jason Chambers, and Bill Duff are on a journey to learn more and more fighting styles around the globe. Kung-Fu, MuayThai, Silat, MMA and so much more. These 2 pro fighters learn from true masters, and demonstrate the moves, so you can choose, which one is the best. And at the end of each journey, they have to face a real Human Weapon, the champion of that style. I recommand this show to those, who like take care of your mind and body... and likes martial arts. :P :D
  • Really cool show with great explanations of different martial arts moves. You could actually learn something here.

Jason and Bill travel around the world to show you some of the oldest fighting techniques of different cultures. For each one of them, they go through something like a week of rigorous training, exploring the roots of the different martial arts as they meet and work with masters of those arts. When they have learnt a couple of fighting techniques, one of them will enter the ring with a local master and have a real fight.

This show is fun, surprisingly educational, and has some great images.
  • How can someone make a show about Mixed Martial Arts more interesting after all the shows that are currently being made that just contain match after match? Well The History Channel has done it.

The Human Weapon is a great show which includes great detail and information about the martial art of each week and even the culture of the area that created each particular style of Martial Arts. The show explains and even teaches you various moves of each style but they also use a 3D demonstration of how it works as well as explain how effective each move is.

I am loyal fan of this show and I plan to watch every episode...if I don't make the original air date I know I will be able to watch it at a later date thanks to the History Channel being smart enough to air repeats of each episode.

I give this show a 9.5 out of 10 and I would suggest to any MMA fan to watch this show.
  • Can two fighters travel the world, beat champions, and become true human weapons?

I am a huge fan of martial arts and i watch history channel so after watching a fairly funny commercial for it I decided to watch it. Best idea of the summer.

When I watched the first episode, Muay thai, the hosts, Bill and Jason, two fighters with experience went to Thai land to learn Muay Thai.

Not only did they teach about the culture of Muay thai, as expected by the history channel, but they have great 3D models demonstrating the powerful moves and abilities of the martial art.

So far they have only aired 3 episodes and each one is better than the next. They meet famous martial arts masters, go in detailed depth about the fighting style, and finally, face a champion.

The champion is the current champion of that style. Bill and Jason have to use that style to win, and so far they haven't won, and they probobly never will.

Either way this show is an attention grabber, and don't be to dissapointed if you miss and episode, because History channel shows an episode a few times a day, all week long. So if you love martial arts, history, and really huge guys beating the living tar out of each other, this is the show for you!