Hung

HBO (ended 2011)

TV123456

Hung Fan Reviews (6)

• A man decides to become an escort after his house burns down, which is the final straw in a series of bad luck events.

At first I thought this was just going to be a semi-risque show about a guy who decides to enter the world of escorting. As I was watching I started to see that that was not the case, the adventures of Ray's life have been going south since his high school graduation, between working for mediocre money, an ex-wife who married for money, and neighbors who are on his back over trivial concerns. In high school Ray was the all star athlete and as that old adage goes some people do peak in high school, but that is not all that this show is about, there was a hint of the economy sucks and the world is going to end.

Yet here is this guy just trying to figure out how to make it in this world when after listening to some guy tell him how to get rich quick he learns from the slightly crazed women in his life that he only has one marketable skill he is well endowed. Hung plays off the current economic situation well by adding a lot of dry humor and innuendos, and not to mention features Thomas Jane a real powerhouse actor.