Hunted Forums

Cinemax (ended 2012)

Your Thoughts & Views about "Hunted"

Dec1964

[1]Oct 12, 2012
    • level: 35

Is anyone wathing this fantastic new show...?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NicksNicky

[2]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 2
    Yes i'm i find it to be verry good show (Let's just say you see that its a U.K. production instate of a U.S.A. one)

Dec1964

[3]Oct 16, 2012

NicksNicky wrote:
    Yes i'm i find it to be verry good show (Let's just say you see that its a U.K. production instate of a U.S.A. one)

So glad you like it, I Love this show.

longterm60

[4]Oct 22, 2012
    • level: 3

Beware - spoilers below.

I like the show - but am I alone in finding it increasingly annoying that 5'7" 125 lb women on various shows repeatedly beat the shinola out of several armed soldiers and cops who are a head taller andoutweighthem by 50 lbs.? I know, its a TV show, but really....

For example, in episode 1, Sam is shot in the abdomen and is sitting on the floor seriously wounded, but manages to grab a gun pointed at her in a large man's hand, turn it around and shoot him with it still in his hand, and then shoot another guy with the same gun. Come on folks - an armed female shooting guys is OK, as is fleeing from them successfully, but all this hand-to-hand combat is a bit much.

BTW, why are all bad-guy henchmen lousy shots?

This show looks like it will be even less connected to reality than 'Strike Back', but its entertaining, none the less, just like that show. Unlike open ended Americanbroadcastnetwork shows, it has a finite 8 episode arc, so they don't have to make up stuff to move the story line if they get renewed after 2 or 3 weeks. They have a story, they will tell it, and we'll see how it goes.

Good use of washed out color pallette. It's in color, but its not. Brit shows seem to do that a lot on crime stuff - think Wallender, Sherlock, e.g.,

Oh, and BTW, why doesn't the Dad-Villain have security sweeps that pick up the bugs Sam planted? Just askin'...

I'll give it a go for at least a few weeks - hope it stays fun..

Dec1964

[5]Oct 22, 2012

I've seen episode 3, its a really good show...

antdude

[6]Oct 23, 2012
    • level: 27
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsbV-ZwtbEw pilot can be watched online if you can.

I just watched it on my sick day (still not fully recovered after four days -- gah!). It was better than I expected. It reminded me of Alias (even attractive Melissa George actress is the main character in it), 24, Bourne movies, etc. Also, lots of English subtitles in foreign scenes. I think I will keep watching it (only its pilot was aired so far).

I saw this series mentioned on Reddit with its AMA on one of its writers who used write for The X-Files. It's a completely different type of shows. See http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/11y1bo/i_am_frank_spotnitz_writer_and_creator_of_hunted/ ...
    Edited on 10/23/2012 6:44pm

Dec1964

[7]Nov 1, 2012

antdude wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsbV-ZwtbEw pilot can be watched online if you can. I just watched it on my sick day (still not fully recovered after four days -- gah!). It was better than I expected. It reminded me of Alias (even attractive Melissa George actress is the main character in it), 24, Bourne movies, etc. Also, lots of English subtitles in foreign scenes. I think I will keep watching it (only its pilot was aired so far). I saw this series mentioned on Reddit with its AMA on one of its writers who used write for The X-Files. It's a completely different type of shows. See http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/11y1bo/i_am_frank_spotnitz_writer_and_creator_of_hunted/ ...

So glad you like it, i love this show.

jade38

[8]Nov 4, 2012
    • level: 11

I love Melissa George and her accent. I'm wondering why everyone on the show gets to have an accent of their own and she doesn't get to keep hers????

What's up with that?

sigone1937

[9]Nov 15, 2012
    • level: 1

Sad news...it's gone..Cancelled

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/hunted-axed-melissa-georges-uk-show-dumped-due-to-poor-ratings-20121115-29dad.html

astar

[10]Nov 20, 2012

mate! in order for a wee slip of a girl to beat the crap out of several gigantic armed thugs, only one thing is required.....training. she's simply so much better trained than they are and as for why the bad guys are lousy shots (imperial storm troopers) if the weren't then it'd be a real short show.........also, its a tv show switch off your reality buffers and just enjoy it.

Dec1964

[11]Nov 25, 2012

As i am sure as most people know The BBC has axed this show.

Recently when Mellissa George was here in Australia, It was confirmed,

but rumour has it all in the newspapers over here its been picked

up for a 2nd season by HBO.

If this is true & i think 90% true, the USA will even do a

better job with"HUNTED" with HBO.

ErikMadsen1

[13]Dec 22, 2012
    longterm60 wrote:

Beware - spoilers below.

I like the show - but am I alone in finding it increasingly annoying that 5'7" 125 lb women on various shows repeatedly beat the shinola out of several armed soldiers and cops who are a head taller andoutweighthem by 50 lbs.? I know, its a TV show, but really....

For example, in episode 1, Sam is shot in the abdomen and is sitting on the floor seriously wounded, but manages to grab a gun pointed at her in a large man's hand, turn it around and shoot him with it still in his hand, and then shoot another guy with the same gun. Come on folks - an armed female shooting guys is OK, as is fleeing from them successfully, but all this hand-to-hand combat is a bit much.

BTW, why are all bad-guy henchmen lousy shots?

This show looks like it will be even less connected to reality than 'Strike Back', but its entertaining, none the less, just like that show. Unlike open ended Americanbroadcastnetwork shows, it has a finite 8 episode arc, so they don't have to make up stuff to move the story line if they get renewed after 2 or 3 weeks. They have a story, they will tell it, and we'll see how it goes.

Good use of washed out color pallette. It's in color, but its not. Brit shows seem to do that a lot on crime stuff - think Wallender, Sherlock, e.g.,

Oh, and BTW, why doesn't the Dad-Villain have security sweeps that pick up the bugs Sam planted? Just askin'...

I'll give it a go for at least a few weeks - hope it stays fun..

That is why it is called fiction