HunterxHunter Forums

Fuji Television (ended 2004)

Battle/Vs Topic

CableGuy15

[1]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 19

Well, Im sure most know how this works....... I dont see any rules posted, so as long as it has atleast one HXH character, we should be able to debate about who would win in a fight from other animes too......

I'll post the first fight.

Hisoka(Yorkshin arc) vs. Gaara (Sasuke retreval arc)

I think this is a VERY interesting fight considering the two different fighting styles.....

Oh, and if you could, post why you think whoever you picked would win......

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ensatsu-ken

[2]Jan 12, 2007
    That's a good matchup CableGuy15. I'd have to say that Hisoka would win here though. I mean, Hisoka is pretty fast for one thing. Not to mention, that he could probably use his bungie gum, and attatch it to Gaara's gourd (full of the sand that he uses), and then pull it away from him. By doing so, it would leave Gaara completely defenseless to Hisoka's attacks. Besides that, Hisoka could just attatch his bungie gum to Gaara himself, and then he could just swing Gaara around with it, smashing him into rocks, walls, pillars, and many other hard surfaces/masses/objects, etc., lol . Anyways, I don't know if Gaara's sand would be much use against Hisoka in the first place. Hisoka could just throw some of his cards, and I wouldn't be surprised, since they are so thin, and he can throw thim as if they were really sharp (perhaps they are really sharp ), if they cut, or at least, slit right through a wall of sand which Gaara could form. The biggest point, which I would like to bring up, is that Hisoka, even after using all of these neat tricks, never seems to have even been close to using up all of his Nen aura. Whereas, we see that Gaara is constantly in danger of running out of either sand, or chakra (as seen in his fight with Kimomaru). And, even if he has a limitless supply of sand, but using the method he used in that fight with Kimomaru, he would still eventually run out of chakra, at least long before Hisoka ran out of Nen aura. So, I would deffinitely have to go with Hisoka for this fight .

CableGuy15

[3]Jan 12, 2007
    I give it to Hisoka too.... He's fast enough to get by Gaara's sand, and the only problem I see him having in that fight is that technique Gaara used on kimimaro.....

CableGuy15

[4]Mar 18, 2007
    Hmmmm, to revive this thread, how about Killua (End of OVA) vs Sasuke (final round of chunin exams)

ensatsu-ken

[5]Mar 19, 2007
    I'll go with Killua. While Sasuke's Chidori is superrior to any of Killua's electrical attacks (since he hasn't fully developed his hatsu yet, at this point), they are about equal in speed, and I believe that Killua will be able to avoid the Chidori (he'll come up with something I'm sure, because the OVA's gave us a very good example of how smart he can be when it comes to battle ). Also, since he has his yo-yo-s, he can fight Sasuke from a distance, and once he wraps one or two of them around Sasuke, he's pretty much done for, because all Killua has to do, is transmit electric currents from his hands, through the strings of the yo-yo-s, to end up (what I like to call) "deep-frying" Sasuke's body .

CableGuy15

[6]Apr 9, 2007
    Well ensatsu, since you and I are the only ones around, I'll choose a new fight.....

Gon (Current) Vs Yusuke (1st round of DT)

ensatsu-ken

[7]Apr 9, 2007
    CableGuy15 wrote:
    Well ensatsu, since you and I are the only ones around, I'll choose a new fight.....

Gon (Current) Vs Yusuke (1st round of DT)

Are you talking about where the manga leaves off, or where the OVAs leave off, because if you're talking about the manga, I left off on chapter 190 of it, and am far behind where Togashi left off, which I believe is chapter 260. However, if you're refferring to the OVAs, then I'd have to go with Yusuke.

AriSky

[8]May 13, 2007
    • level: 36

This one would be difficult to call.  Yuusuke at round one of the Dark Tournament versus Gon after the training with Knuckles and Shoot leaves Yuusuke sorely defeated.  However, Gon before the Heavens Arena versus Yuusuke after the Demon World Tournament sees Gon left in the dust.  I'd honestly say that the two are evenly matched, as is to be expected of the main characters of one manga-ka's different series.

A word for the first versus:  Unless Hisoka completely encased the sand with his bungee gum, there are individual grains and therefore no way to stop the sand.  I still believe that it would be a victory for Hisoka in the end, however. 

KingofIPirates

[9]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 32
    Cableguy you're an editor?! WHAT??? There must have been some bribe involved...

ascensx

[10]Jul 29, 2007
    • level: 22
    KingofIPirates wrote:

I'll give you one battle:

Goku (beginning of DBZ) x Gon (beginning of GI)

ensatsu-ken

[11]Jul 30, 2007
    ascensx wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:

Goku would win easily .

sphinx_vampire

[12]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 18

ascensx wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    I'll give you one battle: Goku (beginning of DBZ) x Gon (beginning of GI)

Goku vs. Gon

CableGuy15

[13]Aug 2, 2007
    KingofIPirates wrote:

Yes... Yes... I know it isnt the god-like status I truely deserve, but I contributed a bunch of stuff, and POOF! I'm an editor.

Too bad there arent any HXH fans around though....

New matchup: How about Gon (Begining of Greed Island) vs Naruto (End of Naruto Part 1)

ensatsu-ken

[14]Aug 3, 2007
    CableGuy15 wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:

Yes... Yes... I know it isnt the god-like status I truely deserve, but I contributed a bunch of stuff, and POOF! I'm an editor.

New matchup: How about Gon (Begining of Greed Island) vs Naruto (End of Naruto Part 1)

Naruto would probably win. Gon isn't that strong until later on in the Chimera Ant arc.

KingofIPirates

[15]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 32
    CableGuy15 wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:

huh I see the only reason was because the previous editor retired and you were just next in line. Eh, that makes sense.

Naruto wins.

ascensx

[16]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 22
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    ascensx wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:

Goku would win easily .

I'm not so sure. Goku was almost normal before his death and all the following happenstances...

ensatsu-ken

[17]Aug 4, 2007

ascensx wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    ascensx wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    I'll give you one battle: Goku (beginning of DBZ) x Gon (beginning of GI)
    Goku would win easily .
    I'm not so sure. Goku was almost normal before his death and all the following happenstances...

Are you serious ? Goku at the beginning of DBZ could easily destroy buildings, he could fly and move extremely fast, and has at least a hundred times for physical strength than Gon does in the current manga (probably even more). Let me ask you this: are you referring to Goku from the beginning of "Dragon Ball" or "Dragon Ball Z" (which in, in this case, is the time period when Goku is and adult) ? At any rate, Goku has always been anything but normal.

Edited on 08/04/2007 12:35pm

ensatsu-ken

[18]Aug 4, 2007
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    CableGuy15 wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:

huh I see the only reason was because the previous editor retired and you were just next in line. Eh, that makes sense.

Naruto wins.

KOP, have you watched Hunter X Hunter ? I'm just asking out of curiosity.

CableGuy15

[19]Aug 4, 2007
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    CableGuy15 wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:

Naruto wins.

What's wrong KOP? Does it eat you up that I'm an editor and you aren't? Get out of here. It's clear you just came here to start another one of your off-topic arguments, and unlike the other editors, I wont have it.

ensatsu-ken

[20]Aug 5, 2007
    CableGuy15 wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    CableGuy15 wrote:
    KingofIPirates wrote:

Naruto wins.

What's wrong KOP? Does it eat you up that I'm an editor and you aren't? Get out of here. It's clear you just came here to start another one of your off-topic arguments, and unlike the other editors, I wont have it.

Haha . Its nice to have power and authority over someone else, isn't it ?