HunterxHunter Forums

Fuji Television (ended 2004)

manga chapters 261+[spoilers,of course]

Mari193

[1]Oct 31, 2007
    • level: 14

is anyone here reading the new chapters of the manga?

i mean... since october 6th shonen jump is publishing the chapters and nobody came to discuss them yet

***SPOILER***

Edited on 10/31/2007 4:55pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ensatsu-ken

[2]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 19
    Mari193 wrote:
    is anyone here reading the new chapters of the manga?

i mean... since october 6th shonen jump is publishing the chapters and nobody came to discuss them yet

***SPOILER***

I'm really liking the new/latest chapters so far . Also, I know exactly what you mean about the artwork. I am so relieved that we at least have one major problem that Togashi has managed to work out .

AriSky

[3]Nov 1, 2007
    • level: 36

But of course! The newest chapters (I assume) are pre-drawn at this point; meaning Togashi-sensei only has to send them to the magazine, not worry about meeting his deadlines. I do agree that the magazine-released art has improved drastically, but y'all really need to see the tankoban. Togashi-sensei's cleaned everything up before releasing it in novel format. A while back I was going to post comparison pics, and if I feel up to it tomorrow, I shall, just so y'all can see.

As for the content of the recent chapters, I admit that I'm sorely disappointed. The only thing that's had me excited since it started up again was 263's end because of the appearance of Zeno and Netero--together, nonetheless. It's just something out of the blue (that gets explained in 264, lol). Regarding what's going to be happening to the series after the 10 week reappearance, I really hope that Togashi-sensei doesn't try to end it, cause that wouldn't be possible unless something freaky like "Ging disguising himself as Neferpitou" happens. And that would just be lame. And WTF. XD

Mari193

[4]Nov 4, 2007
    i just can't believe that the hunters only got inside the palace now *chapter 265* lol

5 chapters= 2 minutes ._. WTF.....

AriSky

[5]Nov 4, 2007

OH NOES! Hunter x Hunter's developing a DBZ complex! X.x

Dear lord... I'm sick of the diversions, but the end of that chapter... There's no way Togashi can delay this any longer. The backstory on Netero was nice, but the action... right now, that's all I care about. And OMG, the arms! Yupi has multiple arms! XD

sphinx_vampire

[6]Nov 5, 2007
    • level: 18
    Yeah Netero's backstory was nice... looked pretty good in his young days.

Mari193

[7]Nov 6, 2007
    yeah but... they're in the middle of an invasion... we wanna see ACTION, not flashbacks x_x,also... I wanna see killua's new technique x_x

ensatsu-ken

[8]Nov 6, 2007
    Mari193 wrote:
    yeah but... they're in the middle of an invasion... we wanna see ACTION, not flashbacks x_x,also... I wanna see killua's new technique x_x

You know what I want to see....or rather, who I want to see ?....Well, I for one, want to see Kurapika and Leorio again. I really miss seeing both of them ....

AriSky

[9]Nov 6, 2007

ensatsu-ken wrote:
    You know what I want to see....or rather, who I want to see ?....Well, I for one, want to see Kurapika and Leorio again. I really miss seeing both of them ....

YES! I'm a Kurapika fangirl through and through, and it's annoying that Togashi just decided to throw him and Leorio and Senritsu and all the others out for the NGL/Chimera Ants arc. I'd be really pleased if they made an appearance in the near future.

Mari193

[10]Nov 7, 2007
    AriSky wrote:

ensatsu-ken wrote:

YES! I'm a Kurapika fangirl through and through, and it's annoying that Togashi just decided to throw him and Leorio and Senritsu and all the others out for the NGL/Chimera Ants arc. I'd be really pleased if they made an appearance in the near future.

kurapika will appear.... IF the genei ryodan comes back ._.

sphinx_vampire

[11]Nov 7, 2007
    Mari193 wrote:
    AriSky wrote:

ensatsu-ken wrote:

kurapika will appear.... IF the genei ryodan comes back ._.
    At chapter 225 we seen the other genei ryodan like Feitan,Sh!zuru, Phinx, Shalnark even Karuto Zoaldeck they fight Ants here. Ah I'm also Kurapica fangirl I really miss him and his abilities in this arc.

AriSky

[12]Nov 7, 2007
    Yeah, lol. 40 chapters ago. What're the odds Togashi completely forgot he placed them in NGL? *sigh* As much as I don't want to admit that the series is going downhill... it's times like these that I realize it is. Hopefully Togashi will be able to conclude the series with a bang, not a whimper.

ensatsu-ken

[13]Nov 7, 2007
    AriSky wrote:
    Yeah, lol. 40 chapters ago. What're the odds Togashi completely forgot he placed them in NGL? *sigh* As much as I don't want to admit that the series is going downhill... it's times like these that I realize it is. Hopefully Togashi will be able to conclude the series with a bang, not a whimper.

To me, it doesn't look as though its even close to done (as far as the series goes as a whole). While the Chimera Ant arc seems to be nearing its conclusion, as its currently in its stage of climax, there is still so much left to be accomplished within the rest of the series. I mean, Gon still needs to find his father, or at least find out something important about him. And by the looks of it, after this arc wraps up, I'm willing to bet that there will be another arc in which Gon tries to find and get back Killua, again . The reason for thinking so being that Killua himself indicated that he would be leaving Gon, once this whole matter with NGL was over.

As for the manga going downhill, I agree to some extent. I feel that this arc has been dragging on for a little bit now, but even so, I'm still entertained, and it still manages to hold my interest (unlike Naruto and Bleach, which have been rather boring for the last 50-75 chapters, IMO). In that aspect, the series has not gone downhill a whole lot, since I am still enjoying it very much (but unfortunately, just not as much as before ). Still, that's OK, because I have faith in Togashi, and I am willing to bet almost anything, that he will restore the series to its original quality within just a short amount of time. I mean, afterall, he hadn't done any manga for a gap of nearly 2 years. It wouldn't be surprising if he lost some of his touch, since the pacing was interrupting. And considering that he was feeling pretty sick towards the start of the hiatus, primarily right before the chapters which came after the end of the hiatus, the slight slipping in quality should be understadable. With that said, lets at least give the guy a chance to get his bearings back .

Mari193

[14]Nov 8, 2007
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    AriSky wrote:
    To me, it doesn't look as though its even close to done (as far as the series goes as a whole). While the Chimera Ant arc seems to be nearing its conclusion, as its currently in its stage of climax, there is still so much left to be accomplished within the rest of the series. I mean, Gon still needs to find his father, or at least find out something important about him. And by the looks of it, after this arc wraps up, I'm willing to bet that there will be another arc in which Gon tries to find and get back Killua, again . The reason for thinking so being that Killua himself indicated that he would be leaving Gon, once this whole matter with NGL was over. As for the manga going downhill, I agree to some extent. I feel that this arc has been dragging on for a little bit now, but even so, I'm still entertained, and it still manages to hold my interest (unlike Naruto and Bleach, which have been rather boring for the last 50-75 chapters, IMO). In that aspect, the series has not gone downhill a whole lot, since I am still enjoying it very much (but unfortunately, just not as much as before ). Still, that's OK, because I have faith in Togashi, and I am willing to bet almost anything, that he will restore the series to its original quality within just a short amount of time. I mean, afterall, he hadn't done any manga for a gap of nearly 2 years. It wouldn't be surprising if he lost some of his touch, since the pacing was interrupting. And considering that he was feeling pretty sick towards the start of the hiatus, primarily right before the chapters which came after the end of the hiatus, the slight slipping in quality should be understadable. With that said, lets at least give the guy a chance to get his bearings back .
    I Agree with almost everything you've said ._. ... but I don't really think that gon will try to get killua back if he leaves... i mean.... Gon said once that if killua really wanted to go,he wouldn't search for him... Hunter x Hunter is interesting, even if this saga isn't as good as the others, it stills good,we can't stop reading it ._. But i'm sure that the next saga will be better(if togashi makes another saga ._.~~)
    Edited on 11/08/2007 11:55am

ensatsu-ken

[15]Nov 8, 2007
    Mari193 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    AriSky wrote:
    To me, it doesn't look as though its even close to done (as far as the series goes as a whole). While the Chimera Ant arc seems to be nearing its conclusion, as its currently in its stage of climax, there is still so much left to be accomplished within the rest of the series. I mean, Gon still needs to find his father, or at least find out something important about him. And by the looks of it, after this arc wraps up, I'm willing to bet that there will be another arc in which Gon tries to find and get back Killua, again . The reason for thinking so being that Killua himself indicated that he would be leaving Gon, once this whole matter with NGL was over. As for the manga going downhill, I agree to some extent. I feel that this arc has been dragging on for a little bit now, but even so, I'm still entertained, and it still manages to hold my interest (unlike Naruto and Bleach, which have been rather boring for the last 50-75 chapters, IMO). In that aspect, the series has not gone downhill a whole lot, since I am still enjoying it very much (but unfortunately, just not as much as before ). Still, that's OK, because I have faith in Togashi, and I am willing to bet almost anything, that he will restore the series to its original quality within just a short amount of time. I mean, afterall, he hadn't done any manga for a gap of nearly 2 years. It wouldn't be surprising if he lost some of his touch, since the pacing was interrupting. And considering that he was feeling pretty sick towards the start of the hiatus, primarily right before the chapters which came after the end of the hiatus, the slight slipping in quality should be understadable. With that said, lets at least give the guy a chance to get his bearings back .
    I Agree with almost everything you've said ._. ... but I don't really think that gon will try to get killua back if he leaves... i mean.... Gon said once that if killua really wanted to go,he wouldn't search for him... Hunter x Hunter is interesting, even if this saga isn't as good as the others, it stills good,we can't stop reading it ._. But i'm sure that the next saga will be better(if togashi makes another saga ._.~~)

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that he will have to stick to his word . I mean, Gon does seem like the type to stick to what he says about something, but even so, Killua is his best friend, and he probably will end up looking for him after awhile. Not only that, but I will be extremely pissed at Togashi, if he just casts Killua aside like he did with so many other interesting characters from HXH .

Mari193

[16]Nov 9, 2007
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    Mari193 wrote:
    ensatsu-ken wrote:
    AriSky wrote:

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that he will have to stick to his word . I mean, Gon does seem like the type to stick to what he says about something, but even so, Killua is his best friend, and he probably will end up looking for him after awhile. Not only that, but I will be extremely pissed at Togashi, if he just casts Killua aside like he did with so many other interesting characters from HXH .
    yeah... Killua can't dissappear too... the series would be so boring... well.. anyway... looks like the REAL battle is finally beginning*chapter 266*

AriSky

[17]Nov 9, 2007

Mari193 wrote:
    yeah... Killua can't dissappear too... the series would be so boring... well.. anyway... looks like the REAL battle is finally beginning*chapter 266*

Regarding the other main characters disappearing: maybe that's Togashi's plan. Once their issues have been resolved or at least focused on, he considers their story line completed (ignoring the fact that Leorio didn't really get anything). Maybe that means that Gon will have to prove everything he's learned while on his journey in the final stretch towards his father; meaning he'll have to go it alone? It doesn't fit with the messages Togashi seems to be sending with the series (that of friendship and whatnot), but y'never know. Maybe it will be one of those 'friends will find you on your way' happenstances.

Blah. I had an idea and then I started typing it and it died. I'll just quit while I'm ahead.

AriSky

[18]Nov 10, 2007

Double-posting, but on two entirely different topics...

Chapter 266 was... interesting. The action has finally begun, but I get the strongest feeling now that Togashi-sensei has become disconnected with the characters. It's like when a fan tries to write fanfiction and fails because they don't know every single little detailed aspect of the character. The two year hiatus has given him too long of a break and he's lost touch with the characters. This is why he's opted to narrate rather than progress the storyline with dialogue.

Does anyone else see this?

sphinx_vampire

[19]Nov 12, 2007
    AriSky wrote:

Double-posting, but on two entirely different topics...

Chapter 266 was... interesting. The action has finally begun, but I get the strongest feeling now that Togashi-sensei has become disconnected with the characters. It's like when a fan tries to write fanfiction and fails because they don't know every single little detailed aspect of the character. The two year hiatus has given him too long of a break and he's lost touch with the characters. This is why he's opted to narrate rather than progress the storyline with dialogue.

Does anyone else see this?

Yeah, almost agree w/ you...but I think he never forget to developed Gon's character...

Oh where's the King?

AriSky

[20]Nov 17, 2007

OMG!! Action! Something's happened!

We finally, FINALLY, get our first glimpse of Meruem's real power in chapter 267! That's something I've been waiting for since he was born! We all knew that he'd be powerful, it was just a question of how much so. This does bring up the question of whose fault was it that Komugi was injured. It's likely that Zeno's dragons were the cause and the release of the King's Nen was the result of seeing her hurt. I'm sure we'll be shown in the next week.

And y'all! Discuss!