HunterxHunter Forums

Fuji Television (ended 2004)

viz

RodimusZoro

[1]Sep 1, 2008
    • level: 10

i dont get why everyone likes viz so much, i mean hunter x hunter is one of my favorite manga and animes and i was fruious to find that viz got the rights to it, imo viz is almost as bad as 4krap,

so can someone tell me why its so great that viz is ruining this anime

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AriSky

[2]Sep 4, 2008
    • level: 36
    I'm trying my best not to go grammar Nazi on people, but please remember to use proper punctuation and captialization in the forums.

On that note, I don't know where you got the idea that everyone likes VIZ. I hate VIZ, and I don't use that word lightly. All of their voices sound the same, their censorship is beyond belief, and they change things assuming the stupid American fans won't notice (no offense to those of you who only watch dubbed anime, but let me tell you, you're missing a whole heck of a lot). The only reason I appear glad that VIZ has picked up HxH is because I've been waiting for the anime to come to the states for 10 years. Even if it's not FUNimation (who I really believe should have gotten it, I've been pushing for that for years), I'm still glad that someone finally had to balls to pick the series up and do what they can to bring it to America so the fans here can give it the love it deserves.

AfterImage34

[3]Sep 13, 2008
    Just out of curiosity, can anyone name any good dubs by Viz? I'm not too excited for this dub because if it's going to be anything like the Bleach dub, all of the character's voices will be bland and boring. :/

vampireXhunter

[4]Sep 18, 2008
    • level: 3
    i dont really care if the dub sucks or not just as long as the dvds have the subs on them because then i can just ignore the dubs

although on that note i watch both dubs and subs and you cant say that people who watch dubs are missing a whole lot in general because some dubs are pretty accurate but with some anime they really do change a lot but thats not for all anime

also some dubs change things around for the better like rurouni kenshin and yu yu hakusho imo

AfterImage34

[5]Dec 16, 2008
    Well, the first volume of the dub is out, but I can't find an english dub clip anywhere...

On that note, the dvd itself is a rip off. Viz must be out of their minds to think it's going to sell good when it's 15 episodes of an anime for $50.