Hustle

BBC (ended 2012)

TheOldBill

Hustle Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• Fast paced, sexy and exciting!

This show is amazing. I love all the character and the plot lines. It is like watching mini-movies instead of a television show. All the cons the group pull of are very believeable. The characters from Mickey to Danny to Albert to Stacie to Ash are all lovable and you want to see them prosper. A show that doesn't dumb itself to please the audience.
  • Just great, it\'s a pity having to wait a year for every season.

I just love it. Carachters are well bult, avery chapter is fresh and interesting. The only bad thing, seasons a so short... At he beginnig I though I would soon get tired, because it\'s no easy to make so many con stories, but creators jus make every episode really special. Every season just gets better, and allways with the same cast, wich I fint it relly difficult to do. It has been a wonderfull discovery for me, really amazing. I just can\'t wait for next season to satart, and I know i will have to wait for a long year.
  • This show is as unpredictable and cool as they come.

This is the best show that most people have never seen or heard of. Mickey, Danny, Albert, Stacie, and Ash work together to perform "the long con." They make a living hustling greedy rich people out of their money. The funny thing is, they think that they are performing noble work. All five are extremely smart and are usually several steps ahead of their mark. Mickey, the leader, is the smartest character I've ever seen when it comes to human psychology. He's totally awesome! The writers really do an amazing job writing near-perfect scripts just about every episode. Even though the main characters are thieves, you can't help but cheer for them and applaud their brilliant planning and execution. No show combines humor, plot, and depth as good as Hustle.
  • The show's top-notch in some of the most important criteria for a great TV show. Hustle is smart, funny, unpredictable, and the acting is superb.

• This show is as unpredictable and cool as they come.

• The best non-con that would put pros to shame

Although you could say it gives people ideas it is still a brillant show a true masterpiece that you could not recreate if you tried and they it stops and they talk pure genius, A comedy type show full of twist and turns that you didn't see coming like a car knocking you down but it isn't a car it's amazement and it doesn't cause serious effects only the jaw dropping wow factor.
  • One of the best shows ever!!

This show is really great. Funny, intense, extremely intelligent writing, GREAT acting, and can even get a little intense. This show manages to con the audience everytime, even if you've learned to pick up on somethings, when the closing music starts, you know your in for a surprise. I can't wait for season 4. the only negative is that there are only 6 episodes a season. Great SHow
  • Hard to find something negative to say about this show!!

This show is bound to be a classic. The cast is witty, charming, and loveable. It's impossible to dislike one character on Hu$tle because they all have the same goal. Their personalities make them unique and put the show in a league of its own. The concept is incredibly innovative yet, unlike many other shows on TV nowadays, still fathomable. These guys are slick and it's hard enough to find holes in these storylines--but who's looking?! The show is respectable in that it makes you love the guys who would normally be considered "bad guys," and not take pity on the seemingly "innocent" marks (aka the supposed "good guys").
  • Have you ever met a criminal with morals?

I find it strange watching this show that makes me feel a connection with criminal masterminds, but I do. I can't explain it. It may have something to do with the addictive storylines that you try to predict, and think you have locked up until the final seconds where your theory is entirely blown to shreds. It may have something to do with them screwing over the arrogant and amoral of the British elite in such a humiliating fashion that you wished that these people actually existed. It could even have something to do with Jaime Murray. But whatever it is this show is captivating from theme music to credits. It’s clever, it’s funny, and it gives you that warm feeling in your stomach whenever you watch it. This is a show with the entirely necessary feel good factor.
  • Just love this one. Smart, smooth, sexy, and sly. I look forward to it every week. What a great choice. Worth a try.

“Hustle” is an excellent BBC import. “Hustle” is one of the more stylish series on TV (broadcast and cable) from storylines and characters to sets, fades, and transitions. Each episode is so well woven and includes the viewer on the secrets of the con. The moral and game elements of the themes allow the viewer to associate with the characters on a level beyond entertainer and entertained. The shots are crisp, no idea is left undeveloped, and the music is complimentary. It is nice to watch a clever and smooth hour long series that is not dark and gloomy as many are these days. The good guys win, albeit with seamless effort and illegal activity. It is very well balanced in every way which makes it go down so easily, leaving one thirsting for more. Highly Recommended!!
  • clever, witty and hillarious

this show was very well done. The "grifts" are very clever and well thought out. This is a british version that rivals and beats Ocean's Eleven. The show consists of a team of 5 people that are constantly puting together elaborate con's where they use brilliant trickery to cheat people money. The creators make the "bad guys" good, their first rule is "you can't cheat an honest man" "it's impossible". Every episode is original and employs a brilliant con that keeps you laughing and thinking the whole way.

Not your average crime show, unlike the american copy "Heist" is realistic and much more exhilerating and addictive.
  • We do come up with the goods sometimes...

Over in the UK it is a real struggle to find decent well-written drama, the majority rely on tired old cop/detective formulas, or hospital dramas which desperately try to emulate ER (and fail)
    Hustle is one of the great joys of the TV schedule. Fast-paced, stylish, and not afraid to use attractive actors, it far outranks most other Brit TV shows at the moment. Adrian Lester (who plays Mickey, the head of the con-gang), is a brilliant actor (you guys may remember him from The Day after Tomorrow) and lends gravitas to the proceedings. Nice to see Robert Vaughn back in action too.
    Season3 episode2 was a real high point for me, the show deviating from its usual 'find victim, setup con, watch plan run into hurdle, then solved ingeniously' sequence, to pit Mickey again Danny, his young protege, in a contest of 'speed-conning'.
    Watch and enjoy!
  • This is a must see drama about a gropu of stylish and secret con-men. it is quite simple and easy to understand!

Firstly, it is the best drama shover ever and it really akes you excited.It is great drama, it also has a bit of comedy and a lot of realism. It is very gripping and a must see.

The characters all have very good, interesting and best of all, different personalities. That is how this show gets you interested.

It is a great, hour long drama showing the life of a group of con-men. The cons get even bigger and the last episode of the series is always a fantastic, mind-blowing con. These cons vary from jewell thiefs to portrait swaping.

This TV Drama is a must see!

Here are the people who play those fantastic characters.

Adrian Lester

Jaime Murray
    Stacie Monroe

Robert Glenister
    Ash Morgan
  • A must see drama with all the perks to keep you coming back for more!

This is a cleverly written show about five very intriguing con artists who are skillful, perky, bold and proficient. ALBIE, \\\"The Roper\\\" (Robert Vaughn)is the classy, suave, mild mannered con....ASH, \\\"The Fixer\\\" (Robert Glenister)has all the gadgets and gizmos to make the con work....MICKEY BRICKS, \\\"The Inside Man\\\" (Adrian Lester) is as slick and charming as they come....DANNY BLUE, \\\"The Wild Card\\\" (Marc Warren)the younger \\\"intern\\\" con with a playful attitude
    mixed with a stunning aptitude....and last, but not least....STACIE MONROE, \\\"The Lure\\\" (Jaime Murray)an attractive, sexy, clever con that lures the mark right in! These five will have you interested, wondering, squirming, astonished and chuckling until the very end.
  • Incredible storylines, brilliant characters, so very clever, LOVE IT!

Absolutely love this show. It keeps me hooked from beginning to end and there is always a fantastic twist at the end of each episode that you would never guess. Although a programme about Con Artists, each character is so loveable and the Mark is always someone who you feel deserves to be conned. Very sophisticated and clever as well as fantastically filmed it always has a slight feel-good edge to it. Utterly brilliant in every way, can't wait for series 3 to commence!
  • A fine example of Brit-Slick

The pilot sets the general tone for the whole series. After watching the pilot, my interest was piqued. I wanted to know if the moderately high production value would be maintained, pushed or dropped. I wanted to know if plot development would turn out to be predictable, fragmented or revolutionary. I wanted to like the characters.

Into the 2nd series or season, I can't say I've been disappointed yet. Some low moments, yes, but generally moderately high production value, consistent ensemble acting and lively script and plot development.

Robert Vaughn is fabulous as usual, watching him kinda makes me miss Ilya Kuryakin.

Adrian Lester has had me hooked since Primary Colors.
  • Follow the proceedings of five slick and stylish London-based scam artists skilled at relieving greedy fat cats of their cash!

A brilliant show, a very good acting, a refined sense of humour, and very slick and clever cons. A modern breed of Gentlemen thieves!
    The music is probably one of the nicest I can remember of, a combination of retro songs, with a twist of jazzy, funky sounds. Definately happy to see the show back on television...
  • 2 words - KICK ASS

this show puts other crime shows in the corner. hustle is the best crime show ever! with all the little unrelated events happening through the show, up until the end, you just cant keep track of whats goin on. if ya havent seen it, go and see it now.

Hustle rocks!
  • Mickey, Danny, Stacie, Albert and Ash are a group of grifters who play the 'long-con'. A good con artist takes the mark's money and he doesn't even know he's been conned, Mickey and the gang are at the top of the chain, and nothing can stop them.

I love Hustle so much. This excellent show rocks and the BBC are awesome at making quick thinking cool dramas like this. It beats most of that american crap and ever since it's been aired on AMC over in the US I think it's got a bit more recognisation. Usually when they do something like that the show ends up all 'americanized' and that pi**es me off, but I guess it's stayed as true to the originality as it could. I'm glad that the Kudos and the BBC decided to share this astounding and magnificent piece of TV with the yanks *lol* Oh and by the way, I'm British and I highly recommend this show to everyone who does and doesn't like dramas, it'll show you what you're missing.

10/10
  • Superb Entertainment! Every episode plays mindgames with the viewer

Loved "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels". This is so much like that movie in terms of flashy camera work, intricate plotting, brit wry humor, and a killer soundtrack.

Everything about this series just draws you into the environment Mickey and his crew move around in. From the classy intro animation, the jazz cum bossa nova / lounge music heard all over the episodes, it just evokes style and class.

Great Storytelling. Nice to check up on the episodes again to see what you missed unlike other series where once you've watched it, there's really nothing that makes you want to watch an episode again.

No episode wasted. Maybe one or two somewhat lame epsiodes but nothing that really takes down the series.

Worth Watching and totally Engrossing.
  • This show is the definition of badass.

This show is incredible, and I've only seen 1.5 episodes. It keeps me on the edge of my seat and the show is so intricately plotted that you really have to pay attention, and if you do there's a huge payoff.

The characters are criminals, yes, but they're COOL criminals. I mean, who wouldn't want to be a smooth talking con man like Mickey? You care about the characters, and you also care about how cool they are.

It's so well-written, well-shot, and well-acted.

This is one of the coolest, smartest, and baddest shows on the tele, and I can't wait for more episodes.
  • This show really sets the bar for all future shows relating to criminals. I just hope that the audience in the USA will be able to appreciate the show as much as the British audience does.

It has everything you would want a show to be, amazing, comical, riveting and so slick. It really makes you feel as though you are part of the crew that are capable of pulling off these amazing cons that just keep you guessing throughout the episode and series. It never ceases to amaze as to what the group get up to and to what lengths they go to, to make their next big score to keep them afloat for the time being, until they find another sucker to take for a ride along with their money. Truly inspirational, and you just have to admire the creators, writers and of course the actors in being capable to make it into the massive hit that it is in the UK.
  • Stunningly clever, fantastically filmed... A true masterpiece of British television. The long con all the way!

Hustle is a show about a group of long-con artists (con artists who set up a lure for a potential victim and slowly draw them in, rewarded with a large sum of money. The expenses and skills needed for this are high) who make a living cheating the scum of society out of their money. From the creators of Spooks, Kudos, this is a brilliantly crafty drama that is funny, suave and deviously brilliant. It is sometimes hard to figure out how they pulled the con off until it is revealed at the end, the characters have actual depth... I can\'t begin to count the great points about the programme. It is rarely a let down for viewers (only one episode, as far as I can tell), and the Mickey/ Danny problems can be hilarious. Truly a fantastic work. I would say this, of course; I own the first and second season collections. I can\'t wait for the third season on soon... Heh heh heh...
  • Slick and well-written con-man drama.

Some of my favourite films revolve around the life of the con-man. (or Con 'artist' as Nicholas Cage says in Matchstick Men.) This show follows the same lines, but in most of the episodes it isn't as clear-cut as there being a simple twist at the end; Tony Jordan manages to thread many storylines and ways out into each episode so as an audience you have to stay on your toes and keep glued to the screen. This isn't difficult when you consider the slick direction, fast-paced humour and likeable, well-acted characters led by Adrian Lester (who I personally rank as on of Britain's best actors of the moment.) These elements mean that even if you can't quite follow the storyline there is still plenty to keep you entertained, and unlike many shows of this kind it definately warrants repeat viewings. To be honest I can barely remember some of the plots so when I watch the DVD's Iit's as if I'm doing so for the first time.

Highly reccomended and I can't wait for the third series which I believe starts sometime in Feb or March on the BBC.
  • No matter how bad the title summary might sound, it does not teach us to be conmen.

No matter how bad the title summary might sound, it does not teach us to be conmen. It teaches us that all the bad things that did, you will suffer the consequences. And no matter how perfect your plan might be, always prepare with a plan B and plan C in worse case scenarios.
1 2 3