Hustle

BBC (ended 2012)

TheOldBill

Hustle Fan Reviews (76)

• its an amazinhg show, however in season 4 it is just not the same without mickey. 10/10

an amazing show. a con crew based in london, they work the long con getting huge takings. it is so amazing after you have watched it you feel like you have been conned as well. it is written and directed very well, you cannot fault the programme the only problem is that in season 4 mickey is not there and he was the best character so that season is still good but it cannot match up to the amazingness of 1-3.abolutely. watch it it is addictive. actors are amazing storylines are untouchable. un comparable to anything else. 100% ., 10/10 ,. bring on the next seasons
  • Never con an honest man…. Promise something for nothing, and give nothing for something

This movie made me love British series…. I love the con artists who only con the greedy people…. Love the concept… love the tricks…. Love the team…. Love everything about this series… I like Mickey, Stacy and Danny….. they are very funny… I love Edie the bartender…I always feel sorry for him because he always become the bullied…. I only watch it until the 3rd season and haven't watch the 4th yet but I heard Mickey wasn't there anymore… America stole him apparently… disappointed… I don't know who's going to replace him… but I can't imagine somebody else playing this part….
  • The Con Is On!!

This show is genius! i first watched an episode 3 years ago, me and my student flat mates were watching TV and it came on, it was the series 1 finale, but we didnt realise! and we were hooked! we waited for the next week to arrive and we put the TV on at the same time and it wasnt on, we didnt realise it was th season finale! we were gutted!

Soooo...i asked good old chris cringle for series 1 for christmas! and i must say, it was awesome! the plot lines and cons are awesome, the way all the characters flow together is amazing! and there is generally always a twist at the end of the episodes, where something has happened off-screen and it is shown at the end to wrap up the con! but sometimes the cons are not always 100% succesfull, thats why i like it so much as they dont aways manage to pull off the con! so you never know what to expect, since i have watched series 2 and 3 and it gets better by the series! gonna watch series 4 soon, hopefully it will stick to the same standards! because i dont think it could possibly get any better! but i shame wait and see!

Highly recommended!
  • In one word: SENSATIONAL!!

The genuine article
    The con is on, and the series of the 60s-style crime caper is just as slick and sexy as it is silly.
    Slick, glossy and full of technical gee-whizzery - Hustle!
    Sensational is the only way to describe Hustle. Every episode so far has been a gem. The last episode in the second season was exceptionally good. I defy anyone to claim they had the con worked out from the beginning; when the penny finally did drop, the elation was tangible. Adrian Lester and Robert Vaughn head a quintet of grifters: scam merchants dedicated to "long cons" that involve meticulous planning, wisecracks and sporadic outbreaks of conscience.

In an age when TV consists mainly of a sea of drivel, we should all rejoice in these islands of intelligent entertainment. I only that this wonderful series is picked up again and again and again ...
  • Hustle is such a great show. Like the hit show LOST, it keeps you thinking and makes you pay attention to every detail. Shows like that are rare.

Most shows now are reality shows. It's hard to find a show as good as Hustle. Hustle makes you think (which people don't do enough of nowadays). You're always trying to guess the ending but you never know what it is. It's a complicated show and that's what makes it so great! What's also nice is that if you miss an episode you wont be confused about the next one. It's a funny show too.
  • Another great hit from the BBC drama department

A breath of fresh air in every way. The show is just as clever as the characters, and what a brilliant mix they are, the cool leader, the wise old head, the fixer, the sexy charmer and the arrogant go getter. The plots are among the best I've ever seen, in fact they are, so full of clever and unexpected yet logical twists. Why can't all shows be like this? The best thing is that recently they haven't been getting away with it all the time so you no longer feel its be alright in the end. Truely essential viewing.
  • Fantastic!

This show is slick, smooth and just a kick to watch. This is how a show should be produced. I liken it to the old Mission Impossible series, but with more of a behind the scenes aspect. We see how the team gets their mark and watch them discuss the plan as it goes along, though we're not shown everything.

Adrian Lester is fantastic. I had no idea he had such range. I thought he was American at first, because I had seen him in a film portraying a New Yorker. On here, he changes his accent to suit the characters he plays, and he does a phenomenal job.

I'm also pleased with Robert Vaughn's performance. Always a favorite since the Man From UNCLE days, he's such a joy to watch.
  • its a great british show about a group of friends, their job? pull cons on greedy people.

love it its an hour well spent. just wish they were more than 6 episodes per season, you will fall for all 5 characters. the show takes place in london, and the locations are awesome. the 5 characters are Mickey, Stacie, Ash, Danny and albert, and each of them complement each other, mickey is the the brains, Ash is in charge of getting hotels, tolls etc, stacie is their secret weapon of seduction, albert finds the marks and danny is the \\\"new guy\\\". i hope all of you enjoy it as much as i do, for the South Americans visitors i found out it runs on people and arts every night.
  • Smart, sexy, and suave, this show just drips with cool.

This has got to be one of the best shows on television, British or otherwise.

Mickey Bricks Stone, Danny Blue, Albert Stroller, Stacie Monroe, and Ash Morgan are a confidence team, conning their way through upper class London.
    Using their street smarts, upper class intelligence and an extra deck up their sleeves, they always get their mark.

The First Rule of the Con: You can't cheat an honest man. Can't be done. Impossible. Find someone who wants something for nothing, and give them nothing for something.

Smart, sexy, and suave, this show just drips with cool.
  • The best non-con that would put pros to shame

Although you could say it gives people ideas it is still a brillant show a true masterpiece that you could not recreate if you tried and they it stops and they talk pure genius, A comedy type show full of twist and turns that you didn't see coming like a car knocking you down but it isn't a car it's amazement and it doesn't cause serious effects only the jaw dropping wow factor.
  • One of the best shows ever!!

This show is really great. Funny, intense, extremely intelligent writing, GREAT acting, and can even get a little intense. This show manages to con the audience everytime, even if you've learned to pick up on somethings, when the closing music starts, you know your in for a surprise. I can't wait for season 4. the only negative is that there are only 6 episodes a season. Great SHow
  • Hard to find something negative to say about this show!!

This show is bound to be a classic. The cast is witty, charming, and loveable. It's impossible to dislike one character on Hu$tle because they all have the same goal. Their personalities make them unique and put the show in a league of its own. The concept is incredibly innovative yet, unlike many other shows on TV nowadays, still fathomable. These guys are slick and it's hard enough to find holes in these storylines--but who's looking?! The show is respectable in that it makes you love the guys who would normally be considered "bad guys," and not take pity on the seemingly "innocent" marks (aka the supposed "good guys").
  • Have you ever met a criminal with morals?

I find it strange watching this show that makes me feel a connection with criminal masterminds, but I do. I can't explain it. It may have something to do with the addictive storylines that you try to predict, and think you have locked up until the final seconds where your theory is entirely blown to shreds. It may have something to do with them screwing over the arrogant and amoral of the British elite in such a humiliating fashion that you wished that these people actually existed. It could even have something to do with Jaime Murray. But whatever it is this show is captivating from theme music to credits. It’s clever, it’s funny, and it gives you that warm feeling in your stomach whenever you watch it. This is a show with the entirely necessary feel good factor.
  • Just love this one. Smart, smooth, sexy, and sly. I look forward to it every week. What a great choice. Worth a try.

“Hustle” is an excellent BBC import. “Hustle” is one of the more stylish series on TV (broadcast and cable) from storylines and characters to sets, fades, and transitions. Each episode is so well woven and includes the viewer on the secrets of the con. The moral and game elements of the themes allow the viewer to associate with the characters on a level beyond entertainer and entertained. The shots are crisp, no idea is left undeveloped, and the music is complimentary. It is nice to watch a clever and smooth hour long series that is not dark and gloomy as many are these days. The good guys win, albeit with seamless effort and illegal activity. It is very well balanced in every way which makes it go down so easily, leaving one thirsting for more. Highly Recommended!!
  • clever, witty and hillarious

this show was very well done. The "grifts" are very clever and well thought out. This is a british version that rivals and beats Ocean's Eleven. The show consists of a team of 5 people that are constantly puting together elaborate con's where they use brilliant trickery to cheat people money. The creators make the "bad guys" good, their first rule is "you can't cheat an honest man" "it's impossible". Every episode is original and employs a brilliant con that keeps you laughing and thinking the whole way.

Not your average crime show, unlike the american copy "Heist" is realistic and much more exhilerating and addictive.
  • This is a must see drama about a gropu of stylish and secret con-men. it is quite simple and easy to understand!

Firstly, it is the best drama shover ever and it really akes you excited.It is great drama, it also has a bit of comedy and a lot of realism. It is very gripping and a must see.

The characters all have very good, interesting and best of all, different personalities. That is how this show gets you interested.

It is a great, hour long drama showing the life of a group of con-men. The cons get even bigger and the last episode of the series is always a fantastic, mind-blowing con. These cons vary from jewell thiefs to portrait swaping.

This TV Drama is a must see!

Here are the people who play those fantastic characters.

Adrian Lester

Jaime Murray
    Stacie Monroe

Robert Glenister
    Ash Morgan
  • A must see drama with all the perks to keep you coming back for more!

This is a cleverly written show about five very intriguing con artists who are skillful, perky, bold and proficient. ALBIE, \\\"The Roper\\\" (Robert Vaughn)is the classy, suave, mild mannered con....ASH, \\\"The Fixer\\\" (Robert Glenister)has all the gadgets and gizmos to make the con work....MICKEY BRICKS, \\\"The Inside Man\\\" (Adrian Lester) is as slick and charming as they come....DANNY BLUE, \\\"The Wild Card\\\" (Marc Warren)the younger \\\"intern\\\" con with a playful attitude
    mixed with a stunning aptitude....and last, but not least....STACIE MONROE, \\\"The Lure\\\" (Jaime Murray)an attractive, sexy, clever con that lures the mark right in! These five will have you interested, wondering, squirming, astonished and chuckling until the very end.
  • Incredible storylines, brilliant characters, so very clever, LOVE IT!

Absolutely love this show. It keeps me hooked from beginning to end and there is always a fantastic twist at the end of each episode that you would never guess. Although a programme about Con Artists, each character is so loveable and the Mark is always someone who you feel deserves to be conned. Very sophisticated and clever as well as fantastically filmed it always has a slight feel-good edge to it. Utterly brilliant in every way, can't wait for series 3 to commence!
  • 2 words - KICK ASS

this show puts other crime shows in the corner. hustle is the best crime show ever! with all the little unrelated events happening through the show, up until the end, you just cant keep track of whats goin on. if ya havent seen it, go and see it now.

Hustle rocks!
  • Mickey, Danny, Stacie, Albert and Ash are a group of grifters who play the 'long-con'. A good con artist takes the mark's money and he doesn't even know he's been conned, Mickey and the gang are at the top of the chain, and nothing can stop them.

I love Hustle so much. This excellent show rocks and the BBC are awesome at making quick thinking cool dramas like this. It beats most of that american crap and ever since it's been aired on AMC over in the US I think it's got a bit more recognisation. Usually when they do something like that the show ends up all 'americanized' and that pi**es me off, but I guess it's stayed as true to the originality as it could. I'm glad that the Kudos and the BBC decided to share this astounding and magnificent piece of TV with the yanks *lol* Oh and by the way, I'm British and I highly recommend this show to everyone who does and doesn't like dramas, it'll show you what you're missing.

10/10
  • Superb Entertainment! Every episode plays mindgames with the viewer

Loved "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels". This is so much like that movie in terms of flashy camera work, intricate plotting, brit wry humor, and a killer soundtrack.

Everything about this series just draws you into the environment Mickey and his crew move around in. From the classy intro animation, the jazz cum bossa nova / lounge music heard all over the episodes, it just evokes style and class.

Great Storytelling. Nice to check up on the episodes again to see what you missed unlike other series where once you've watched it, there's really nothing that makes you want to watch an episode again.

No episode wasted. Maybe one or two somewhat lame epsiodes but nothing that really takes down the series.

Worth Watching and totally Engrossing.
  • This show is the definition of badass.

This show is incredible, and I've only seen 1.5 episodes. It keeps me on the edge of my seat and the show is so intricately plotted that you really have to pay attention, and if you do there's a huge payoff.

The characters are criminals, yes, but they're COOL criminals. I mean, who wouldn't want to be a smooth talking con man like Mickey? You care about the characters, and you also care about how cool they are.

It's so well-written, well-shot, and well-acted.

This is one of the coolest, smartest, and baddest shows on the tele, and I can't wait for more episodes.
  • This show really sets the bar for all future shows relating to criminals. I just hope that the audience in the USA will be able to appreciate the show as much as the British audience does.

It has everything you would want a show to be, amazing, comical, riveting and so slick. It really makes you feel as though you are part of the crew that are capable of pulling off these amazing cons that just keep you guessing throughout the episode and series. It never ceases to amaze as to what the group get up to and to what lengths they go to, to make their next big score to keep them afloat for the time being, until they find another sucker to take for a ride along with their money. Truly inspirational, and you just have to admire the creators, writers and of course the actors in being capable to make it into the massive hit that it is in the UK.
  • Stunningly clever, fantastically filmed... A true masterpiece of British television. The long con all the way!

Hustle is a show about a group of long-con artists (con artists who set up a lure for a potential victim and slowly draw them in, rewarded with a large sum of money. The expenses and skills needed for this are high) who make a living cheating the scum of society out of their money. From the creators of Spooks, Kudos, this is a brilliantly crafty drama that is funny, suave and deviously brilliant. It is sometimes hard to figure out how they pulled the con off until it is revealed at the end, the characters have actual depth... I can\'t begin to count the great points about the programme. It is rarely a let down for viewers (only one episode, as far as I can tell), and the Mickey/ Danny problems can be hilarious. Truly a fantastic work. I would say this, of course; I own the first and second season collections. I can\'t wait for the third season on soon... Heh heh heh...
  • Snappy London con artists with heart and style!

Hustle one of the best shows EVER! The cast is fantastic, it\'s totally entertaining, stylish, surprising and just good fun! Robert Vaughn is BRILLIANT, as are the rest of the cast. But the real star of the show is Marc Warren. He absolutly shines as Danny Blue. I\'m really excited about series 3!
  • I loved it!!!

The best thing about this show is how they do it and the thing with Mikey, Stace and Danny of course. I was very impressed about this show, i liked episode two alot but aslo the superhero show. Keep up the good work and don´t just stop making the show i hate it when they do that.
  • A cutting egde show with a group of elite con artist always looking for a new con and using ingenious plans to get the money.

A truly great show of this time. With Mickey Stone and the rest of his team of professional con artist take on the challenge of taking on some of the most daring cons with vast pay offs. The plot is very interging with with twists and turns in some episodes that would come out of nowhere. But as always you know in the back of your mind that Micky and the gang will some how won at the end. The seacond season was not as good as the original espically in the season finale when they decided to steal the crown jewels.
  • hustle is a amazing show that shows the greatest con-man Micky Stone and his group on con artists and also his amazing cons

Hustle is the amazing con show with the greatest con artist of there time Micky Bricks and his team Danny Blue (short con artist) , Stacy Monroe (very pretty woman) , Ash Morgan (fixer) and Albert Stroller (the man to lure the target to them).
    they succseed in many great con's
    Hustle is the greatest con show of this time the way they do there con's are just amazing i have got the DVD season 1 and just cannot stop watching it.
    when season 2 comes out i will be watching the shows all the time as they do much better con's on season 2 than season 1
    this show is a must see it is one of the best TV shows EVER
    con's - 10/10
    team - 10/10
    show - 10/10
    OVERALL - 10/10
    my opinion - get some money and buy the season 1 DVD , buy the season 2 DVD when it comes out , and , watch season 3 when it comes back on BBC1 next year.
    MUST SEE - Hustle -
  • Hustle has a style all it's own. It's posh, it's svelte and a whole heck of a lot of fun. Being a criminal never looked so cool.

Hustle has a style all it's own. It's posh, it's svelte and a whole heck of a lot of fun. Being a criminal never looked so cool and being able to dip your feet into the fantasy of being part of Mickey Brick's team is what it's all about. We know that the life of a long con artist can't be this fabulous, but oh how we wish it was. Simply put, Hustle is what Oceans 11 and Oceans 12 wished it could be.

Ensemble shows can be tough because invariably there's a weak character here or there, however with Hustle each character is strong in their own right. The anchor of the show may be Mickey "Bricks" Stone, but it wouldn't be a hit show without Danny, Stacie, Ash and Albert. It's the combination of all of the characters that makes the show what it is - fabulous.

Throughout each episode, Mickey's team plays out a long con which is often times quite complicated. It's not until the end, when there's a bit of a "reveal" and we're able to see exactly how the con was played out. As a result, you're engaged from the beginning to see if you can figure out what the gang is up to. Thankfully, there's always a nice surprise at the end, so it's always fresh and surprising.

Hustle provides high-style, tongue in cheek comedy with just a dash of realism to keep us coming back for more. Clever writing that doesn't rely solely on gimmicks makes this series a standout among all the rest. Clearly the BBC has a real gem on their hands and in my book is producing some of the best television anywhere on the globe.
  • The show is about a group of British Con-artists, who con the rich people (esp. those who get rich by the way of crime) and have fun along the way. Sometimes they just do it for a good challenge. It a must see show.

The show mostly has a plot gimmick (concealed information) but it is mostly decent although not PG-13. It keeps me glued to my seat untill the last moment, when they open up the mystery on how they did it. Its a fun way to learn how and when if you are being "Hustled".;)
    Jaime Murray, is one hot con artists. All of them are brilliant and have special skills. Each episode is special and unique. It cracks me up when they make fool of these "smart guys".
    I can't wait for the next season.
< 1 2 3