Hustle

BBC (ended 2012)

TheOldBill

Hustle Fan Reviews (76)

• a show about con artist nice show especialy the first season

This show is fantastic it’s about a group of con artist they steel and deceive only when it’s rich when it’s a rich person or a bad person or when the challenge is exciting. A little bit like oceans 11. The first season is worth a 9.5 but the second is not as cool and original as the first one. But it still is nice to see in you’re spare time
    Season 3 is coming too
  • One of the greatest shows every been to TV!

Oh my, oh my... I never thought a series would be ever so surprising. It\'s fast, it\'s brilliant, every episode is a new great adventure, with the second season even more spinning than the first. Great show, I can\'t wait for the third season!

I think Tony Jordan -- and the wonderful cast, are really doing an amazing job - each episode is almost movie-long, and sure feels movie-like (especially if you like \"ocean\'s eleven\" kind of movies). The plots are great, the characters are deep (but not too deep), and, well... the English know something about good TV, that\'s for sure.

• In one word: Brilliant.

Hustle brings it all together:
    interesting unique characters which form a more interesting group, stylish locations and settings, intelligent conversations which lead to great consetups and that equals the BIG money.

it's interesting how every con unfolds and how the characters reveal a bit more of there secrets in every episode.
    another point is that there is very few violence in this series. in fact it shows that the smart way is the mostly the better one without beeing geeky.

technically hustle is done on a very high level. the look is great and there are is a lot of innovative camerawork in it.

hustle shows the way good tv-shows have to be made.
  • How to be a grifter.

This show brings hustling into a new perspective. It shows how to do something called "long hustles", not just the ordinary "find the queen" scam that every streetcorner has.

The show has a similar quality as Mission Impossible (the newer series from 1988, I have not seen the original series). They get a mark, they sort out what to do, and they do it.

The series center around a group of people, there's the fixer that can get you anything, the sexy girl with the sharp mind, the roper that finds the mark and sucks him in and introduces him to the inside man, the brains, and the new guy.

The new guy is how we learn, as the series develop they teach him new tricks. How to perfect the hustling. And at the same time this shows us the actual art. During the score the series might bring the series to a pause to explain more.

All in all, the series is time well spent, it is amusing, at points even hilarious, it has interesting personalities that develop, there's a good mixture of everything needed to concoct a good and filling broth.
  • Possibly the smartest show on television.

Hustle is the story of a bunch of 'grifters' (Con artists) who are halfway to being Robin Hoods; that is, they steal from the rich, but haven't yet gotten around to giving it to the poor. They do, however, only steal from those who "deserve it", allowing you to like the characters a lot more than you could if they were just thieves.

The artistry and complex plots require a lot of writing skill, and it is a great credit to the writers to pull it off seamlessly. You are kept guessing until the very end, but you are never left hanging. The cast are great, and the show is everything it should be; funny, smart, action packed, and clever.

If you get the chance, watch it.
  • What a great show!

I love this show. It's so different every time. I love the whole con thing ansd I love tryin to figure it out. My fav character is ash cus he takes cra eof the little things that really matter. I cany wait for the third series. I never saw the first one cus I thought it might be crap but then I watched the end of it and the second and became hooked. I love it. A great show all round.
  • Great show! - One of the few shows I look forward to watching.

This show is one of my all time favourites, and both seasons so far have been unmissable! (I now own season 1 on DVD, which I cant show watching.)

Hustle is about a group of 5 Con artists, who only con those who deserve it.

The storyline are so well planned/written and so original and complicated - but not to complex for the views to understand - and you never see what’s coming no matter how many times you guess.

The characters are great to, making the whole con look easy and making the life of a con, appealing to us viewers.
  • The show is about a group of British Con-artists, who con the rich people (esp. those who get rich by the way of crime) and have fun along the way. Sometimes they just do it for a good challenge. It a must see show.

The show mostly has a plot gimmick (concealed information) but it is mostly decent although not PG-13. It keeps me glued to my seat untill the last moment, when they open up the mystery on how they did it. Its a fun way to learn how and when if you are being "Hustled".;)
    Jaime Murray, is one hot con artists. All of them are brilliant and have special skills. Each episode is special and unique. It cracks me up when they make fool of these "smart guys".
    I can't wait for the next season.
  • Hustle has a style all it's own. It's posh, it's svelte and a whole heck of a lot of fun. Being a criminal never looked so cool.

Hustle has a style all it's own. It's posh, it's svelte and a whole heck of a lot of fun. Being a criminal never looked so cool and being able to dip your feet into the fantasy of being part of Mickey Brick's team is what it's all about. We know that the life of a long con artist can't be this fabulous, but oh how we wish it was. Simply put, Hustle is what Oceans 11 and Oceans 12 wished it could be.

Ensemble shows can be tough because invariably there's a weak character here or there, however with Hustle each character is strong in their own right. The anchor of the show may be Mickey "Bricks" Stone, but it wouldn't be a hit show without Danny, Stacie, Ash and Albert. It's the combination of all of the characters that makes the show what it is - fabulous.

Throughout each episode, Mickey's team plays out a long con which is often times quite complicated. It's not until the end, when there's a bit of a "reveal" and we're able to see exactly how the con was played out. As a result, you're engaged from the beginning to see if you can figure out what the gang is up to. Thankfully, there's always a nice surprise at the end, so it's always fresh and surprising.

Hustle provides high-style, tongue in cheek comedy with just a dash of realism to keep us coming back for more. Clever writing that doesn't rely solely on gimmicks makes this series a standout among all the rest. Clearly the BBC has a real gem on their hands and in my book is producing some of the best television anywhere on the globe.
  • hustle is a amazing show that shows the greatest con-man Micky Stone and his group on con artists and also his amazing cons

Hustle is the amazing con show with the greatest con artist of there time Micky Bricks and his team Danny Blue (short con artist) , Stacy Monroe (very pretty woman) , Ash Morgan (fixer) and Albert Stroller (the man to lure the target to them).
    they succseed in many great con's
    Hustle is the greatest con show of this time the way they do there con's are just amazing i have got the DVD season 1 and just cannot stop watching it.
    when season 2 comes out i will be watching the shows all the time as they do much better con's on season 2 than season 1
    this show is a must see it is one of the best TV shows EVER
    con's - 10/10
    team - 10/10
    show - 10/10
    OVERALL - 10/10
    my opinion - get some money and buy the season 1 DVD , buy the season 2 DVD when it comes out , and , watch season 3 when it comes back on BBC1 next year.
    MUST SEE - Hustle -
  • An intellectually aspiring show that entertans, amuses, excites and interests us all, as well as educates the budding criminal to be.

Every episoded is profoundly intelligently written.

It is another of our great dramas, good qualtiy, well acted, well produced, and well watched by all.

Hustle is a show that often intrigues and excites me and i have enjoyed the last couple of series. The show has been on Dead Ringers befre, which i have also found as amusing.

The Crown's Jewellry episode was truly fantastic, and kept us all on the edge of our seats as they were all arrested. The writers wanted to prove that the Conartists would not always find it so easy to get away with things, even though they eventually did and conned the police as well as the audience watching.

Long may it continue.
  • A cutting egde show with a group of elite con artist always looking for a new con and using ingenious plans to get the money.

A truly great show of this time. With Mickey Stone and the rest of his team of professional con artist take on the challenge of taking on some of the most daring cons with vast pay offs. The plot is very interging with with twists and turns in some episodes that would come out of nowhere. But as always you know in the back of your mind that Micky and the gang will some how won at the end. The seacond season was not as good as the original espically in the season finale when they decided to steal the crown jewels.
  • A very classy show indeed.

This is a great programme and oh my god its British!! Tony jordan has done a really good job because there is never a dull moment and the script is very well written. To top it all off there is a great cast and it has marc warren as the lovable and funny danny!! It was actually my nan that got me into this programme so thank you Nan!!
  • One of the best show ever by a long con.

Set in the city of London this show follows a gang of con artist that call them self the long con. In the show the gang pull all kinds of incredible heists that will have you thinking for hours of how they did it. This show has only had two series but I would love it if they tried for a third. Every thing about this show is genius the slick but sly characters and of cores the cons that are simply out of this world. I would recommend this show to anyone it is simply one of the best shows of my time and it will go down in history.
  • I loved it!!!

The best thing about this show is how they do it and the thing with Mikey, Stace and Danny of course. I was very impressed about this show, i liked episode two alot but aslo the superhero show. Keep up the good work and don´t just stop making the show i hate it when they do that.
  • Snappy London con artists with heart and style!

Hustle one of the best shows EVER! The cast is fantastic, it\'s totally entertaining, stylish, surprising and just good fun! Robert Vaughn is BRILLIANT, as are the rest of the cast. But the real star of the show is Marc Warren. He absolutly shines as Danny Blue. I\'m really excited about series 3!
  • No matter how bad the title summary might sound, it does not teach us to be conmen.

No matter how bad the title summary might sound, it does not teach us to be conmen. It teaches us that all the bad things that did, you will suffer the consequences. And no matter how perfect your plan might be, always prepare with a plan B and plan C in worse case scenarios.
  • Slick and well-written con-man drama.

Some of my favourite films revolve around the life of the con-man. (or Con 'artist' as Nicholas Cage says in Matchstick Men.) This show follows the same lines, but in most of the episodes it isn't as clear-cut as there being a simple twist at the end; Tony Jordan manages to thread many storylines and ways out into each episode so as an audience you have to stay on your toes and keep glued to the screen. This isn't difficult when you consider the slick direction, fast-paced humour and likeable, well-acted characters led by Adrian Lester (who I personally rank as on of Britain's best actors of the moment.) These elements mean that even if you can't quite follow the storyline there is still plenty to keep you entertained, and unlike many shows of this kind it definately warrants repeat viewings. To be honest I can barely remember some of the plots so when I watch the DVD's Iit's as if I'm doing so for the first time.

Highly reccomended and I can't wait for the third series which I believe starts sometime in Feb or March on the BBC.
  • Stunningly clever, fantastically filmed... A true masterpiece of British television. The long con all the way!

Hustle is a show about a group of long-con artists (con artists who set up a lure for a potential victim and slowly draw them in, rewarded with a large sum of money. The expenses and skills needed for this are high) who make a living cheating the scum of society out of their money. From the creators of Spooks, Kudos, this is a brilliantly crafty drama that is funny, suave and deviously brilliant. It is sometimes hard to figure out how they pulled the con off until it is revealed at the end, the characters have actual depth... I can\'t begin to count the great points about the programme. It is rarely a let down for viewers (only one episode, as far as I can tell), and the Mickey/ Danny problems can be hilarious. Truly a fantastic work. I would say this, of course; I own the first and second season collections. I can\'t wait for the third season on soon... Heh heh heh...
  • This show really sets the bar for all future shows relating to criminals. I just hope that the audience in the USA will be able to appreciate the show as much as the British audience does.

It has everything you would want a show to be, amazing, comical, riveting and so slick. It really makes you feel as though you are part of the crew that are capable of pulling off these amazing cons that just keep you guessing throughout the episode and series. It never ceases to amaze as to what the group get up to and to what lengths they go to, to make their next big score to keep them afloat for the time being, until they find another sucker to take for a ride along with their money. Truly inspirational, and you just have to admire the creators, writers and of course the actors in being capable to make it into the massive hit that it is in the UK.
  • This show is the definition of badass.

This show is incredible, and I've only seen 1.5 episodes. It keeps me on the edge of my seat and the show is so intricately plotted that you really have to pay attention, and if you do there's a huge payoff.

The characters are criminals, yes, but they're COOL criminals. I mean, who wouldn't want to be a smooth talking con man like Mickey? You care about the characters, and you also care about how cool they are.

It's so well-written, well-shot, and well-acted.

This is one of the coolest, smartest, and baddest shows on the tele, and I can't wait for more episodes.
  • Superb Entertainment! Every episode plays mindgames with the viewer

Loved "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels". This is so much like that movie in terms of flashy camera work, intricate plotting, brit wry humor, and a killer soundtrack.

Everything about this series just draws you into the environment Mickey and his crew move around in. From the classy intro animation, the jazz cum bossa nova / lounge music heard all over the episodes, it just evokes style and class.

Great Storytelling. Nice to check up on the episodes again to see what you missed unlike other series where once you've watched it, there's really nothing that makes you want to watch an episode again.

No episode wasted. Maybe one or two somewhat lame epsiodes but nothing that really takes down the series.

Worth Watching and totally Engrossing.
  • Mickey, Danny, Stacie, Albert and Ash are a group of grifters who play the 'long-con'. A good con artist takes the mark's money and he doesn't even know he's been conned, Mickey and the gang are at the top of the chain, and nothing can stop them.

I love Hustle so much. This excellent show rocks and the BBC are awesome at making quick thinking cool dramas like this. It beats most of that american crap and ever since it's been aired on AMC over in the US I think it's got a bit more recognisation. Usually when they do something like that the show ends up all 'americanized' and that pi**es me off, but I guess it's stayed as true to the originality as it could. I'm glad that the Kudos and the BBC decided to share this astounding and magnificent piece of TV with the yanks *lol* Oh and by the way, I'm British and I highly recommend this show to everyone who does and doesn't like dramas, it'll show you what you're missing.

10/10
  • 2 words - KICK ASS

this show puts other crime shows in the corner. hustle is the best crime show ever! with all the little unrelated events happening through the show, up until the end, you just cant keep track of whats goin on. if ya havent seen it, go and see it now.

Hustle rocks!
  • Follow the proceedings of five slick and stylish London-based scam artists skilled at relieving greedy fat cats of their cash!

A brilliant show, a very good acting, a refined sense of humour, and very slick and clever cons. A modern breed of Gentlemen thieves!
    The music is probably one of the nicest I can remember of, a combination of retro songs, with a twist of jazzy, funky sounds. Definately happy to see the show back on television...
  • A fine example of Brit-Slick

The pilot sets the general tone for the whole series. After watching the pilot, my interest was piqued. I wanted to know if the moderately high production value would be maintained, pushed or dropped. I wanted to know if plot development would turn out to be predictable, fragmented or revolutionary. I wanted to like the characters.

Into the 2nd series or season, I can't say I've been disappointed yet. Some low moments, yes, but generally moderately high production value, consistent ensemble acting and lively script and plot development.

Robert Vaughn is fabulous as usual, watching him kinda makes me miss Ilya Kuryakin.

Adrian Lester has had me hooked since Primary Colors.
  • Incredible storylines, brilliant characters, so very clever, LOVE IT!

Absolutely love this show. It keeps me hooked from beginning to end and there is always a fantastic twist at the end of each episode that you would never guess. Although a programme about Con Artists, each character is so loveable and the Mark is always someone who you feel deserves to be conned. Very sophisticated and clever as well as fantastically filmed it always has a slight feel-good edge to it. Utterly brilliant in every way, can't wait for series 3 to commence!
  • A must see drama with all the perks to keep you coming back for more!

This is a cleverly written show about five very intriguing con artists who are skillful, perky, bold and proficient. ALBIE, \\\"The Roper\\\" (Robert Vaughn)is the classy, suave, mild mannered con....ASH, \\\"The Fixer\\\" (Robert Glenister)has all the gadgets and gizmos to make the con work....MICKEY BRICKS, \\\"The Inside Man\\\" (Adrian Lester) is as slick and charming as they come....DANNY BLUE, \\\"The Wild Card\\\" (Marc Warren)the younger \\\"intern\\\" con with a playful attitude
    mixed with a stunning aptitude....and last, but not least....STACIE MONROE, \\\"The Lure\\\" (Jaime Murray)an attractive, sexy, clever con that lures the mark right in! These five will have you interested, wondering, squirming, astonished and chuckling until the very end.
  • This is a must see drama about a gropu of stylish and secret con-men. it is quite simple and easy to understand!

Firstly, it is the best drama shover ever and it really akes you excited.It is great drama, it also has a bit of comedy and a lot of realism. It is very gripping and a must see.

The characters all have very good, interesting and best of all, different personalities. That is how this show gets you interested.

It is a great, hour long drama showing the life of a group of con-men. The cons get even bigger and the last episode of the series is always a fantastic, mind-blowing con. These cons vary from jewell thiefs to portrait swaping.

This TV Drama is a must see!

Here are the people who play those fantastic characters.

Adrian Lester

Jaime Murray
    Stacie Monroe

Robert Glenister
    Ash Morgan
  • We do come up with the goods sometimes...

Over in the UK it is a real struggle to find decent well-written drama, the majority rely on tired old cop/detective formulas, or hospital dramas which desperately try to emulate ER (and fail)
    Hustle is one of the great joys of the TV schedule. Fast-paced, stylish, and not afraid to use attractive actors, it far outranks most other Brit TV shows at the moment. Adrian Lester (who plays Mickey, the head of the con-gang), is a brilliant actor (you guys may remember him from The Day after Tomorrow) and lends gravitas to the proceedings. Nice to see Robert Vaughn back in action too.
    Season3 episode2 was a real high point for me, the show deviating from its usual 'find victim, setup con, watch plan run into hurdle, then solved ingeniously' sequence, to pit Mickey again Danny, his young protege, in a contest of 'speed-conning'.
    Watch and enjoy!