Hyperdrive

A Gift from the Glish

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jan 11, 2006 on BBC Two

7.2
  • Watchable

I never heard of this show until I read a couple of reviews of the brilliant Other Space (one favorable, on unfavorable) that compared it with Hyperdrive.

I understand the comparison, because they're both ensemble space sci-fi parodies, but I was far less enamored of Hyperdrive. It seemed like The Office in space, mixed in with a Star-Trek-style story, and while it had a couple of good moments, it was never that funny or clever (unlike Other Space).

Maybe it gets better, but I'm not inspired to continue watching.
  • WORTH THE WATCHING

when it was announced that BBC was going to run the 6 episodes of this show - I though WOW, about time they get something funny over here.

It does have that red dwarf feel about it....but with a dash of typical Brit humoour.

If you want to fill 40 minutes with silly sci-fi from the UK - then this show is just for you - you may not like the off-the-wall feel of the style in which this show is presented - but trust me - when you get through the episode - you will want to joice the crew and head off to a crazy adventure with them for the next 6 weeks.

If you can't wait - try to find the 6 episodes on the internet - they're out there - you just have to know where to dig - and they are worth it - just silly fun to fill the time in front of the tele~!

Peace...