I am Weasel

I.R. Gentleman

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Aug 05, 1997 on Cartoon Network

7.7
  • Baboon is royalty? What a twist!

This episode introduces us to the Kingdom of Yurp, obviously a reference to the continent of Europe. The Kingdom of Yurp is a poor one, and apparently they communicate through the use of toilets... intriguing. The Queen of Yurp asks Weasel to find the last heir of the Duke of Cankerberry, as the Kingdom of Yurp is in dire need of a new Duke. One of the more interesting plots used on the show so far. Not to mention the hilarious scene of people waiting in a line outside the "toilet/communicator" to make their own "transmissions".

Weasel soon finds the heir he was looking for in the person (?) of none other that I.R. Baboon! Baboon is enchanted to learn of his origins, as he was almost certain he was a heir to royalty, as one of his fortune cookies said so. A very reliable source, I might add.

Seeing Baboon's buffoonery, Weasel decides he has to teach Baboon how royalty should act. And thus the episode becomes an even clearer parody of the famous play, "My Fair Lady". Not that there is anything wrong with that, because this episode brings out some of Baboon's best lines and scenes. Clearly an episode that should not be missed for anything in the world.

After tiresome, but successful lessons about how a heir to royalty should act, Weasel travels to the Kingdom of Yurp, to present the newest Duke of Cankerberry, I.R.Baboon! The story ends with us seeing why the Kingdom of Yurp wanted a Cankerberry so badly: they want to make him work his butt off, seeing as how his ancestors never payed their debts to the kingdom! And thus Baboon is forced to start work by cleaning the "toilet/communicator".

Clearly a good episode, and one of the better ones plot-wise. How they come up with stuff like this is beyond me. Starting from an already somewhat cliched premise, they build up a good enough episode, able to make you laugh at least once.