I am Weasel

My Friend, the Smart Banana

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 31, 1998 on Cartoon Network

• While Weasel befriends a smart banana, Baboon finds a friend in the form of a grape.

In this episode we find Weasel and Baboon working in a super market. Weasel has been the employee of the month for the last years, and of course Baboon is jealous on his success.

Weasel, while washing the fruits, finds a sentient banana, one almost as smart as him! The banana is outraged by the fact that people buy bananas and then eat them. He runs away, and Weasel chases it. They soon start developing a friendship, after a friendly game of chess.

The banana is then sent around the world, to learn about each and every culture. Weasel and Baboon follow, as well as Baboon's new friend, a grape.

Soon unfortunately the banana is ready to die, as it has lived a long time for a banana. The ending was funny, but it could easily be interpreted as disturbing too: Weasel and Baboon eat the banana in an ice cream sundae?

Overall, a good episode, but nothing too memorable. Some funny quotes, some funny scenes, but other than that, nothing.