I Dream of Jeannie Forums

NBC (ended 1970)

Jeannie

whoa_chica

[1]Jan 16, 2006
    • level: 27
    Does anyone else think that Jeannie was a Sex Symbol in her day?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Random862

[2]Jan 17, 2006
    • level: 7
    I don't think... I know she was. It's been stated in magazines and television documentaries and a ton of websites.

LadyNaz

[3]Feb 22, 2006
    • level: 5
    Heck Yeah. I remember when I was young I wanted to be just like her, and have the twinkle little nose of tabatha and samantha from bewitched

To be a kid again

outoffog

[4]Mar 28, 2006
    • level: 16
    Jeannie wasn't supposed to be "sexy" (SHE didn't think she was!)- it was the way Barbara Eden portrayed her. Yes, she was a knockout, but she had a mind: she knew what SHE wanted, and what she THOUGHT her "master" should have..even if it almost killed him. It's pretty hard NOT to think of her as being sexy in that harem outfit....but it's also her attitude, her innocence--that's why Jeannie is so beloved, even after 40 years. Sidney Sheldon KNEW what he was creating, and he was right!

SupermanNYC

[5]Apr 21, 2006
    • level: 45
    yes I think so as well. but back then, they would even show her belly button. they wasn't aloud to show it.

outoffog

[6]Apr 27, 2006
    • level: 16

Well, 'superman', there WERE a few navels that DID turn up during NBC's 1965-'66 season: one in particular, was Pamela Curran's {she played the 'Princess' in the second "JEANNIE" episode, "My Hero?"}. In "The Greatest Coward On Earth" episode of "BRANDED" [November, 1965], Pamela portrayed a "belly dancer" in a small circus troupe of the 1870's. In one scene, her navel was sticking RIGHT OUT of her costume, you couldn't miss it!!! In a follow-up scene, it was suddenly HIDDEN from view.....I suppose you could "expose" so much back then. But NBC made it clear that Barbara Eden's navel would NEVER be shown (even though 'Jeannie' "casually" lowered her harem pants just enough to give us a small peek in part two of "The Case Of My Vanishing Master"!).

KaylaraAshlee

[7]Dec 8, 2007
    • level: 2

Well yes and no. She was beautiful and she was a genie that wore a genie outfit that showed her stomach but not her belly button. So it is a yes and no answer. But she was a mother so no there.

No because she was pregnant in the first season (That's why she wore the pink scarves)

Yes because she was a half naked genie walking around.