I Dream of Jeannie

Genie, Genie, Who's Got the Genie? (3)

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Jan 30, 1968 on NBC

7.6
  • This is the best part of the whole story arc!

I still don't understand (and proably never will) what NASA hoped to discover by sending a plain, old, combination-locked safe to the moon. But, it was a good plot device, in that it allowed Jeannie-Brunette the closest thing to victory she's ever had, with regard to her feud with Jeannie-Blonde.

Tony Nelson, shrink-blinked into a birdcage? And, guarded by four, drop-dead gorgeous harem girls? Now, that's the kind of life imprisonment I would be more-than-glad to VOLUNTEER for!!!

Unfortunately, Ted Cassidy (the original Lurch Addams)has to ruin everything by coming home early from a vacation in the Swiss Alps. Oh, well! At least, Tony and Jeannie-Blonde were reunited in the following episode.

One piece of trivia, before I go. The belly dancer in the bluish-black outfit appeared two other times on this show. In episode 74 ("My Son, the Genie"), as one of Harold Ben Hadji's accidental blink-in's.

And, thirty episodes later, in "Jeannie the Governor's Wife." Where Dr. Bellows forces Tony to let him look inside a magic coin-operated kinetiscope.*

All he sees is the Belly Dancer In Blue. And, thanks to Jeannie, Dr. B is the _only_ one who can see her in that contraption! ;-D

*Imagine a VHF Viewmaster shaped like a slot machine.