I Love Lucy Forums

CBS (ended 1957)

Does anybody have a least favorite Lucy episode?

kelalala_121

[1]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 16
    The ones I really don't like seeing are the ones where Ricky sings thru out the show. I really don't like his voice. Except baba loo, that one I like.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tb485

[2]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 8
    I really don't like Mertz and Kurtz", "Lucy cries Wolf" and "Ricky's Old Girlfriend"
    Edited on 11/26/2006 5:59pm

drwoowoocl

[3]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 10
    Its hard not to like any episodes of this series,but a couple of the celebrity guest episodes seem a little contrived.Especially the one with Bob Hope.I know Ricky Ricardo is a celebrity and he deals with other celebrities,but Bob Hope doesnt really add anything to that particular episode.And maybe the one about that Italian guy coming to visit.Isnt that basically a reworking of the Tennessee Ernie Ford episodes?

kelalala_121

[4]Nov 28, 2006

drwoowoocl wrote:
    Its hard not to like any episodes of this series,but a couple of the celebrity guest episodes seem a little contrived.Especially the one with Bob Hope.I know Ricky Ricardo is a celebrity and he deals with other celebrities,but Bob Hope doesnt really add anything to that particular episode.And maybe the one about that Italian guy coming to visit.Isnt that basically a reworking of the Tennessee Ernie Ford episodes?

The ones with Tenn. Ernie Ford were very funny. You are right though, it is hard not to like any episode of Lucy. I even like all of her movies. I guess I just do not like Ricky's voice. But now even Lucy's........ha ha.....

magnolia113

[5]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 5
    I love almose all of them but the episode "Lucy goes to Scotland" is my least favorite.

TVLANDFAN08

[6]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 2
    I think that "Lucy Goes To Scotland" Is my least favorite also, definitely! I am not too  crazy about "The Ameatur Hour" either but that one was just ok.  

MeyaP

[7]Jan 30, 2007

definitely gotta agree with the "Lucy Goes to Scotland" episode....& any other ones where there was a musical or any other long musical numbers for half or the majority of the episode....

whenever i see episodes like that, I just figure they were probably better appreciated during the time they came out - ya' know...a different type of society and world...

but.....just not for me, today!

GarrisonSkunk

[8]Feb 4, 2007
    • level: 27
    I think my least favorite episodes are two considered to be classics -- the one with her stomping the grapes, and the one withLittle Ricky being born. I just don't find those episodes funny. On the other hand I think my favorite one is the one with all the baby chicks loose in the house so maybe I just have weird tastes in what's funny.

kelalala_121

[9]Feb 12, 2007
    I kinda thought the one where little Ricky was born wasn't as funny either. Ricky going around in that horrified get-up he was in just seemed dumb.

paul_mccartney

[10]May 2, 2007
    • level: 7
    Actually, I think Lucy Goes to the Hospital was the best. Now Housewarming, THAT was my least favorate. Especially the point with Betty Ramsey and Ethel. I also never liked Country Club Dance.

shelley06

[11]May 3, 2007
    • level: 21
    magnolia113 wrote:
    I love almose all of them but the episode "Lucy goes to Scotland" is my least favorite.

I never liked that one either. But I preferred the later seasons to season 1--it was my least fav. season.

stellarchick86

[12]Jan 2, 2008
    • level: 32
    I didnt care for the tennessee ernie ones, or the gondalerer ones either, but i didnt hate them. Or lucy goes to scotland..the only good part is when ethel and fred come out as a dragon lol..if they still hated eachother at that point i wouldve loved to see the look on their faces when they found out theyd have to do that! lol

143403ah

[13]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 7
    I dont Really like Mertz and Kurtz

east215

[14]Apr 21, 2008
    • level: 6

Alot of the first season episodes didn't work. Many were based on epsiodes of Lucy's radio program, "My Favorite Husband", and didn't translate well to television. Also the characters weren't really fleshed out yet. One from later seasons that I don't care for are "Lucy Goes to Scotland", "Mertz and Kurtz", "Lucy Becomes A Sculptress", Bob Hope, Cornell Wilde (except the ending where Lucy comes in covered in palm fronds), and Van Johnson. The episodes with guest stars (except Harpo, William Holden, and Richard Widmark) are usually weak. However, I thought the Tennessee Ernie Ford epsidoes were some of the best.

chaosrainz

[15]Apr 22, 2008
    • level: 17
    I guess I'm weird. I liked the Lucy Goes to Scotland one. Or parts of it anyway. It's not a favorite per se, but certainly not a non favorite.
    The whole banter with Ricky and Lucy in the dream I thought was cute.
    Lay you doon and dee. lol

stellarchick86

[16]Apr 22, 2008
    Id also have to add The Audition and Lucy is a Sculptruss to that list too. LIAS is just kind of boring, and TA is too long and drawn out, plus I hate clowns lol so I usually skip those 2. My mom will watch Lucy with me sometimes because she watched it when she was little but she doesnt like the country episodes for some reason. Im like those are some of the best ones! But considering how many episodes there are, skipping a few is usually pretty good because with some shows theres only a handful that are pretty good.

Lamb2Slaughter

[17]Apr 22, 2008
    I don't care at all for "The Publicity Agent." In fact, I despise it. Lucy and Ethel pose as a royal subject and her keeper respectively, in order to show how popular Ricky is in the royalty's eyes. First, they make up the name of a country, 'Franistan.' Right off, this insults the intelligence of the audience. Then Lucy calls herself a 'Majarincess.' I could gag. Imbecilic! Then there's the phony, nasal, high-pitched whine that Lucy speaks in. Just a ridiculous scenario and execution all around. This one should have never been made. GAH!

kelalala_121

[18]Apr 29, 2008
    I do not like that one either. The only funny part was when it was over when Lucy conks over on the bed.

stellarchick86

[19]May 2, 2008
    I definetly thought there were worse ILL episodes. I thought it wasnt all that great until the guys came into the hotel room..and Ethel screeching out 'hail tiger!' haha

bliarxoxo

[20]Jul 1, 2008
    • level: 15
    there r no bad eposides htere r all funny