I Love Lucy Forums

CBS (ended 1957)

Does anybody have a least favorite Lucy episode?

ajtmaestro

[21]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 19
    Well, there are a few episodes that I really didn't care too much for, but my absolute least favorite would be "Mertz and Kurtz."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

senor_fritz

[22]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 20

I don't care much for Lucy Meets Charles Boyer. That episode was pretty underwhelming. There are also several others but can't remember the names.

Edited on 07/11/2008 8:53am
    Edited 2 total times.

ga68153

[23]Jul 12, 2008
    • level: 6
    I really don't have a least favorite. This show is amazing.
    Edited on 07/12/2008 7:58am

Clem4077

[24]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 7
    Lucy Wants to Move to the Country. I still enjoyed the show when they moved to the country, but getting there in this episode, I didn't care for it. Especially Ethel's selfishness. Ricky buys Lucy the country house and there's Ethel acting like a big spoiled brat, sobbing, pleading and finally convincing Lucy not to move. Ick. Then the later gangster bit wasn't too pleasant.
    The Marriage License. I just didn't like Lucy's treatment of Ricky in this episode. She wanted to relive the past, and in trying to make it just as it was, Ricky was the one to suffer for it.
    Lucy's Bicycle Trip. I never cared for this one. A lot of times situations work where things keep going wrong, and are funny, this one with Lucy's missing passport and the border guards not letting her cross dragged on too much for me.

omnidoctor

[25]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 3
    Now for me the John Wayne ep's and the one where they thumb a ride with someone they start thinking is a murderer bore me.

JonJax

[26]Jul 2, 2009
    • level: 18
    I don't like the Scottish episode, the only one I don't get at least one hearty laugh. Also the rarely shown Christmas eps with Fred ruining a Christmas tree is not very funny. I am not a John Wayne fan, in fact I despise his image and legend because of his private life activities, however his appearance in I Love Lucy while in Hollywierd is the only time I will watch anything with him on screen

sasou82

[27]Jan 29, 2010
    • level: 11
    To be honest my least favorite episode is the pilot episode. I don't know why but it annoys me and so does the one where they re-make it on the regular set.

reneebrooks

[28]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 1
    Season 1 is definitely my least favorite. I like the way they made Lucy a more confident, bossy person closer to Season 2. That's what made her so funny in my opinion. Also, moving into the larger apartment with the window made a huge improvement to the overall feel of the show.
    Edited on 02/06/2010 8:13pm

ct02809sb

[29]Jun 6, 2010
    • level: 5

I would say "Mertz and Kurtz" and the one where the men are watching the fights and the ladies are bored with it.

KJLwriter

[30]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 8
    My least favorite one is Lucy Goes to Scotland. It was just very weird and not very funny. Other than that, I like all of the other episodes. The Hollywood episodes are amazing.