I Love Lucy

CBS (ended 1957)

Carolee99

I Love Lucy Fan Reviews page 3 of 5

• LUCY had more comic genius in her pinky than most comedic actors today combined!

Naturally funny people are very rare breeds. Even more rare are women who get laughs. And back in the 50's, there were hardly any women like her. So Lucy was definitely an original. I Love Lucy was a phenomenon in its day, and it still is in the 21st century. She, and her costars, weren't afraid to make real fools of themselves for the appreciation of the audience. My favorite episode was when Ethel and Lucy got jobs in the chocolate factory. There will never be a show that organic and willing to go the extra mile to get a laugh. Definitely a classic.
  • It's Lucy! What else is there more to say?

I've seen every single episode at least 10-20 times, and I still love to watch this show. I love Lucy has brought me entertainment, comedy, and sillyness since I was little. This is one of the greatest shows of all time. Why else would it still be in syndication after all of these years? Lucy, Ethel, Ricky, and Fred are some of the best well-rounded characters to ever hit TV. All of Lucy's "stunts" are original and hilarious, and she always seems to get herself into trouble, or out of a sticky situation. I Love Lucy will always remain to be one of my favorite series of all time.
  • I Love Lucy was a sitcom that starred Desi Arnaz and Lucille O'Ball.The show centered on Lucy Ricardo's attempts to make it into show business,like her husband.Along with her sidekick Ethel,and her husband Fred. The show changed the way we look at tv.

Genius. What else is there to say? This show probably revolutionzed sitcoms, similiar to what Seinfeld was able to do. However I Love Lucy remained a funny, witty and edgy throughout the entire series. The main character in the show was Lucy Ricardo who was married to a Cuban Bandleader Ricky Ricardo. Anyway, throughout the series Lucy tried to get into show-business similarily and steal the spotlight from her husband. Along with her scheming sidekick Ethel Mertz, who is married to Fred Mertz the landlord of the Ricardo's apartment. The show is completely original and did something I've probably never seen on television, the characters moved from their apartment to a brand new house. Completely original. Just a great sitcom.
  • I Love Lucy is one of the shows many people have heard of and will never forget.

Many people know its one of the classics and you always remember the laughs of watching the episodes(reruns). Lucy was never like the other lady's in the 50's or whatever year this took place. She is like one of the original female comediens. She brought comedy to a new level of great. This show is classic and no one can take away the goofyness of it!
  • Wouldn't miss a show, right now I'm watching "Breaking the Lease"

Absolutely one of my favorites. I watch at least two shows a day while ironing and being on the internet. Lucy has to be one of the all-time classic comics. I'm so glad she turned to comedy instead of drama. What would TV Comedy shows be today without her. She also shared the spotlight with Ricky, Fred, and Ethyl, she pushed all of them ahead of her sometimes. I really can't pinpoint my favorite show, from the first to the last, they are all wonderful. I might have some I like better but wouldn't turn any of them off. Lucy and Ethyl's friendship is second to none.
  • I love Lucy!

I Love Lucy! Lucy is so funny and she and Ethel are always getting into trouble. Most of the time it is Lucy's falt. Lucy is married to Ricky Ricardo. He often yells at lucy in Spanish. Ethel is married to Fred. Fred is Ricky's land lord. Lucy and Ethel are best friends. Lucy is often doing something stupit and then she and Ethel have to fix what ever it is that she did. They often get dressed in funny costumes and they pretend to be some one else. I Love I love Lucy. It is a all time classic.
  • One show that would be always an classic and always funny.Something to treasure.

I Love Lucy its ahead of its time.But more to me as an classic.I mean I wasn't born the time that it first air and when it ended.I mean I watched this show on tvland.My mom enjoys this show as well.Since it is funny.It makes me laughed everytime Lucy wants to be on Ricky show.But of course Ricky says no.So Lucy finds a way to entered the show regardless what Ricky say.Sometime Ethel gets involved in Lucy's little scheme of doing everything that is crazy.Even though that this show can no longered be made into another season.This show will be something to remembered.
  • This is my favorite show!

This is one of the most ingenous shows ever to hit television. I saw that it was at he end of the list in the comedy section. I believe that many many people think that Lucy is old fashoned because it is in black and white and out of date. If people saw the work and talent behind it they would know that this is the best show EVER!!! (just kidding...I'm not that crazy!!!) But if this show came out again in color with a more modern setting it would be a #1 hit just as it was in the 50's
  • Stands the test of time!

I Love Lucy is definitely one of the best shows of all time. It was so funny and sweet. It never tackled any big issues but it didn't have to for it to be groundbreaking. The fact that it was the first show to really bring pregnancy to TV makes it groundbreaking. One of the other groundbreaking things it brought to TV is the three camera filming. Desi Arnaz helped develop it and if he hadn't had we wouldn't be able to watch I Love Lucy today. I think this is definitely a show that parents should be encouraging their kids to watch on the TV. It's funny and slapstick but never gross or crude. Something that's impossible to find on TV today. Almost every episode is fantastic. Definitely a forever classic!
  • Lucy and Ricky Ricardo live in an apartment in New York. Their best friends, Fred and Ethel Mertz, who are also their landlords, are usually reluctant co-conspirators in all of the Ricardos' schemes.

This is one of the funniest shows ever. It's one of the classic and the funniest shows ever made. Although some of the jokes and situations are a little dated (having been made in the 1950s), it holds up remarkably well.

Every female comedienne is influenced in some degree by Lucille Ball. Even male comedians tend to cite Lucille Ball as an influence. For a young woman who was told that she would never make it as an actress, she's still making people laugh, 50 years after this show was first shown and almost 20 years after her unfortunate death.

There are so many things that I can watch over and over again with this show. The Candy Factory, Vitameatavegamin, Grape Stomping. Every episode I watch of this show, I laugh until I cry.

One of the best shows ever to air on tv. One of the most influential sitcoms (if not the most influential sitcom) ever.
  • Comedy of all comedies.

This is the show that started alot of gags and sitcoms for example like when Lucy and Ethel stomped all the cranberries in the bucket and the chcolate episode those were all carried out in alot of episodes in other shows. This will defeitly go down in one of the best comedies.
  • Only three words describe how I feel about the I Love Lucy Show and that is "Can't get enough!"

I Love Lucy is a classic show that is basically a staple of the American television diet. Even as a little girl I can remember begging my mother to let me stay up to watch I Love Lucy on television. Could it be the firey red hair, the big blue eyes, the fact that Ricky Ricardo was a sex symbol of the 50's? I don't know what it was, but still to this day I sit like a zombie in front of the television and watch old re-runs of the show. I've poured my money into the merchandise, buying up purses, wallets, lunch boxes, posters, etc. It is rare that great shows leave such a great legacy, but this one obviously has touched a lot of viewers' hearts. So I stand and proudly salute my childhood icons...the late: Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz, William Frawley, and Vivian Vance. Don't worry...I havn't forgotten to mention the adorable Little Ricky (Richard Keith). The later shows wouldn't have been as cute without him around.
  • Lucy at her best.

Classic comedy that is often copied. The story is centered around Lucy and all the goofy situations that she gets herself into. She isn't shy about involving her husband and/or her friends. This is still a good show by today’s standards. If you are too young to have watched it when it was originally one, do yourself a favor a watch it now. If any of the stories seem familiar it is because most comedy show since have used similar storylines. This is the ultimate compliment to the actors and writers of this show. Lucille Ball was the star of the show playing the title role of Lucy. Her real-life husband Desi Arnaz played her on-screen husband Ricky. Vivian Vance and William Frawley played their neighbors and best friends Ethel and Fred Mertz. All four actors were incredibly funny and talented.
  • Four main characters of Lucy, Ricky, Fred, and Ethel who live in New York and experience the daily adventures of life with Lucy.

I could think of nothing better than to sit down and watch an episode of I Love Lucy. I have been enjoying its release onto DVD because I get to watch all my favorite episodes over and over. Nothing beats Lucy in Paris trying to explain herself through the translations of Spanish or Russian... how about the time Lucy is heading home from Hollywood on the train and cannot stop pulling the emergency break? How about all the wonderful guest star's that showed up? I Love Lucy is a show that every parent should make their child watch...and then enjoy how often you quote the show! None of the shows today can even compare with this classic, even if they try.
  • I love this show!

This is one of my personal favorites. When I was younger I actually video taped like all the episodes every day. I just love how funny it is.

Lucy is my favorite character on the show. She is just so funny. She is also kind of ditsy. Not stupid but just lacking a little common sense. I think that helps to add some homor to her character.

I also love little Ricky. Who doesn't? He is so adorable. Especially when he gets to like age 4 or 5. He plays those little drums and he is so cutewhile doing it.

I Love Lucy is one of the best shows ever!
  • The sitcom that started all sitcoms.

I Love Lucy was just about the first sitcom, that started a long line of sitcoms. Every week we tuned into Lucy, Desi, Fred, and Ethel.

Lucy and Ethel would get into some of the worst messes I have ever seen in my life.

The show had some fabulous guest stars especially of course Mr. John Wayne and Mr. William Holden, two that come to mind right away.

The show never really lost its appeal even to the very end.
  • Lucy tries constantly to perform at the Tropicana where husband Cuban Bandleader Ricky Ricardo works, and make life comically frantic in the apartment building they share with landlords Fred and Ethel Mertz. THE FIRST MAJOR SHOW TO BE PUT ON FILM RATHER T

Although they slept in twin beds throughout the entire run of the series, during the first two seasons of the show, 1951-1953, Ricky and Lucy slept in twin beds that were pushed together in the same box spring. Once little Ricky was born CBS suggested that the beds be pushed apart to diminish the impact of the suggested sexual history of Lucy and Ricky. The only time we see the Ricardo\'s in two bed pushed together again is when they first move to the bigger apartment in the Mertz building, however, subsequently after that the beds are pushed apart again.
  • this is my favorite really old show from the 60's

I think this show will be remembered because of it's extreme funnieness that is extremely good and this show rates right up there with my favorite TV show of all time The Dukes of Hazzard! Maybe even tie, cause both of these shows are really funny and deserve more credit for helping to make comedy's like we have today! This show was a legend for how great comedy truly can get, this show deserves to be one of the lengendary TV shows. The thing that really. this show did have it's fair share of up and downs, but they got through it and that is one good reason to like this great and awesome comedy! YEEHAW!
  • I love I Love Lucy!

I Love Lucy is such a good show! Lucy reminds me of my grandma! :D Lucy's husband is Ricky Ricardo. And some of their friends/ aquantinces (spelling?) are Ethel and Fred Mertz. Lucy is funny! She is always doing something to Ricky or not thinking straight or something. She is funny!!
  • a b c d e f g h i j

a b c d e f g h i j a b c d e f g h i j a b c d e f g h i j a b c d e f g h i j a b c d e f g h i j
  • hillarious

classic show very funny my most favorite show of all time i collect memrobilia i love all the lucille ball shows i can relate to lucy im alot like her i have a lot of favorite episodes lucy is encarte the dancing star vitameatavegimin lucy tells the truth the bob hope episode harpo marx
  • Classic great lady she was!!!!

They need more shows on like this one. She was a all time favorite. I love Lucy says it all she was a great lady and I think she will live on with all of us. Great show and just loved it.
    The crew with the show just made it even better.
  • Classic comedy that is often copied. The story is centered around Lucy and all the goofy situations that she gets herself into. She isn't shy about involving her husband and/or her friends.

• This show is simply irresistable and genuinely irreplaceable . No other show sets the standards for how a good comedy should be.

Great laughs, great times, great memories and a great show overall. Lucille Ball is a comedic legend whose shoes no other comedian male or female could ever replace. The jokes are ageless and never get stale no matter how many times you see them. Do not be discouraged just because this show is in black and white. Classics are always wondeful to watch no matter how they look. If you ever need a good time, a good laugh or just a good show that the entire family can watch, be sure to put this show on the top of your list.
  • I Love Lucy has proven that it has last the test of time, and over 50 years later is just as enjoyable as it was way back then!

I Love Lucy is a simplistic comedy, focusing on housewives women who stay home, and the men work. However Lucy wasn't the greatest stay home wife, she often got into a lot of mischief and trouble. There neighbors Fred and Ethal were also hilarious. What made the show so wonderful though was the chemistry between Ricky and Lucy, it was wonderful to see them fighting and making up all the time. Overall I Love Lucy is one of the truely greatest sitcoms ever made.
  • the best hands down

this is the best ever.. never gets old grandaddy of comedy.. pure genius.. and that says it all there will never be another Lucy or Desi or for that matter william or Vivian.. no show will ever be I love Lucy.. and I will love Lucy till the day I die
  • The story of an immigant nightclub entertainer, his zany wife and their long-suffering best friends, I Love Lucy set the tone for all sitcoms to follow. Innovative in the way it was crafted, the show is as funny today as it was when it debuted almost 60 y

A classic among the classics, I Love Lucy is timelessly funny. Starring "over-the-hill" by Hollywood standards Lucille Ball and her real-life husband Dezi Arnaz as Lucy and Ricky Ricardo, the show was madcap, zany, and a real riot.

William Frawley and Vivian Vance co-starred as Fred & Ethel Mertz the best friends and landlords of the Ricardos.

Most of the action takes place at the Ricardo's apartment in the beginning of the show. Lucy has two purposes in life: one to get into show business; the other to get a new outfit. Lucy would do anything to get what she wanted, and she usually did.

Dragging the sensible and practical Ethel Mertz into one scheme after the other, the two never went so far that Ricky and Fred couldn't save the day.

The show is also interesting in that Desi came up with the multiple camera shooting format and taping before a live audience for real laughs. He was a true television pioneer. And, the Desilu studios produced some of televisions all-time best shows thanks to their ground-breaking innovations.
  • Who does not love Lucy?

The "I Love Lucy" show is a classic show of which humor and comedy prevailed. It was a show that had you laughing the whole way through the show. Lucy's antics were entertaining and funny. Clean fun that had no undertones of smut. Lucy played the part effortlessly as she is a true comedian. The interaction of the characters was wonderful. The banter was effortless as well. Lucy show lasted through time and is still enjoyed by many to this day.
  • FUNNY

This is one of the greatest TV shows ever! I love this show! Such a classic TV shows! I love watching this show everyday! Lucy is too funny not to like. Ricky, I love it when he yells at Lucy in spanish! Lucy doesnt understand anything! ^ _ ^ So funny! Oh.. Yea. Little Ricky is cute too. I love that little boy! I wonder what happen to him? Hm...? Havent seen him in any TV show. Well... I Love Lucy is the greatest classic comedy TV Show ever! Watch it! You will laugh and laugh and laugh! ^ _ ^
  • I love this show...

This was definitely a bit ahead of its time, in my opinion. Kooky, wacky plots. I love Lucy, is just great. I can watch this show at any time. I just do not get tired of it. I see an episode and I am like, "Oh this is the one where Lucy..." and sit and watch it even though I know what's gonna happen. Vitmetavegamin is my absolute favorite! LOL
1 2 3 4 5